Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I need some trouble shooting for my Demolition Man. I keep blowing a fuse in my Rottendog flipptronic board. (Its for my Upper flipper) There is something shorting it, but I don't know what to look for. The rottendog board looks almost brand new, but I guess that might be an issue. Is there anything else to check for? Basically what happened at first I blew the fuse, so i changed it. it worked for a couple of games, then I blew it again. Then when I put in a new fuse, the upper flipper went up by itself until the fuse blew again. I smelt a little burning the last time. Any advice, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks and have a good day.

#2 6 years ago

You could have a bad transistor on the flip board, or a shorted diode on your coil, or, as happened to me, a screw that was too long that is shorting out an un-wrapped coil, or a shorted coil itself.

I'd start by checking the coil and diodes first then move upstream from there to the flip board.

If you are new to this go to the pinwiki resets it is super helpful.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#3 6 years ago

Since this is probably the easiest, measure the coil resistance first and see what you get.

Next, lift up the playfield and look at what happens when the flipper moves, and like buffaloatx said, something may be touching something else when it's not supposed do.

Next, check the transistor with a multimeter. Also check the connector to make sure there aren't any wires popping out or any stray copper hairs from the end of a wire touching neighboring wires. Also check the ribbon cable to make sure the insulation hasn't worn through near the ribbon cable connectors.

If all that seems to check out, then check and/or replace the diodes.

I usually try to troubleshoot according to a combination of what is easiest to check and rule out, and what is most likely to cause a problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-upper-flipper-blowing-fuse-need-help-trouble-shooting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.