Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3AF26A43-3101-454C-A28B-7F2A66817C5E (resized).jpeg
all_first_part.gif
ballsaver-raw-Copy.gif
carcrash-raw-Copy.gif
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 10 years ago

I applaud you working with Rick to make it right. Yes you could just put it out on a torrent can call it a day, no stopping that, but whatever you think of PPS and their rights it seems way better to me to work it out and keep everything aboveboard.

Not that I don't get why people feel that's lame, I tend to agree, but it is what it is, so might as well make the tweaks and keep things smooth.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't think he should have removed the animation, it's going in a Williams machine that we own and paid for.....this is BS is getting out of hand, some guy in the garage is going to hear from Willliams IP lawyer over some home brew open source code...come on.

It's not that I don't get that, of course I do. I think the policy is BS. But I understand it, and as long as it's there I think it's better to make some minor changes and be able to just make it officially available then have to get shady with torrents and possibly get lawyer letters no one wants to have to hassle with etc.

I guess I'd sum it up by saying it sucks, but smart move doing it right anyways.

When I did the first design sketches of my Shadow translite I had the Williams W in neon on one of the buildings, and the Bally logo on the side of one of the blimps. Wish I could have kept that. But I didn't want to even ask Rick's permission, because I figured it would be denied, and I didn't want to open a can of worms over it. Do I wish it was otherwise? Sure I do. But I chose what I figured what the smarter path for the project. That's all I mean.

3 weeks later
#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Jwjsr:

Would having 4 balls in the machine instead of 5 cause this?

Is it supposed to have 5? (Don't have a DM) Because that's pretty standard behavior if the game thinks it's missing a ball, yes.

1 week later
#186 10 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I think I don't wanna see the first terminator movie again... Does anyone dare?!

It's held up a lot better than DM.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

or sony open sources it

lol, let's not hold our breath for that one.

2 months later
#262 10 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

btw, if you know a nice pinball place - and a few beers - I have to visit as an Austrian tourist in SF, let me know

Lots in the Bay Area right now, probably best place to hit in SF though is Free Gold Watch. I wish SoCal had the location play of my up North home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-new-rules-new-code?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.