Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3AF26A43-3101-454C-A28B-7F2A66817C5E (resized).jpeg
all_first_part.gif
ballsaver-raw-Copy.gif
carcrash-raw-Copy.gif
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider annointed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 10 years ago

Same here, excited to see the new code and shaker in action!

My DM just moved up to next in line for LEDs too, since it's getting pimped out with code and shaker, so gotta go the whole nine.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

If I was to install a shaker motor would it need to be a Williams motor or can I use a Sterns unit?
Also thanks for all your hard work on the new code, I can't wait to try it out.

He said it has to be a Williams shaker motor, and that the MMr shakers that Planetary Pinball will soon be selling should also work.

1 month later
#170 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

That also happened on mine quite often as well.

I just put in my first ten games on mine with the new chip and I'd say this happens 30-40% of the time. I was contemplating looking for a mechanical adjustment.

My claw also has issues with missing its pick up of the ball 10-15% of the time, which I had never before experienced on the original code. It corrects itself via a missing ball search and ends up in AGMAG mode.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

this is known.
I am a little nervous about lowering that too much because if someones coil is too weak then it will not work at all if the power is too low.

Seems a better course of action would be for those with weak coils to replace the weak coil, or possibly to offer an adjustment for upping/lowering the power to that coil in the adjustment menu.

This issue was a noticable flow-staller on my DM after a buddy and I swapped in the new code (along with the Home Roms), although the ball save always worked to remedy the drain.

That said, I am enjoying the new code and greatly appreciate all the work that you continue to put into it!

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

One other request off the top of my head:
Is there any way to make holding down the start button (once all players are on ball 2) start a new game? It's a useful feature to have, and not just for "throwing out" a bad game here and there.

My DM let me do this when I was playing it with the new code last week. You might need to turn on the feature in the menus.

#187 10 years ago

Great overall updates, and thanks for the artwork glimpse, Mario! (I'm looking at my Gottlieb SMB as I type this, lol...sorry, couldn't help but make the association with your name! )

My friends and I are Stallone fans (I have a Gottlieb Rocky coming in later this month, finally), so after I got DM two years ago, we rematched the movie. It has sat in my DVD rack ever since, but reading this makes me want to dust it off and watch it again, pretending I'm tasked with finding video snippets to use in the pin.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing the fruits of your work in the coming months!

1 week later
#221 10 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

When entering a high score how about making it so you can hold down the triggers and the letters advance instead of having to hit the triggers like 50 times.

Also the Cryo -claw seems to be a little "gritty" feeling when I am controlling it. Seems OK when automatically moving around.

I hadn't thought of mentioning these things, but I noticed the same things. The claw seemed to move much more smoothly on Williams code.

1 month later
#232 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Mario!

Now for James or anyone else who knows, I have a question about the "tournament" setting. Last night I dropped my DM off at a location where it will be used in spring league play and possibly a May tournament (and will also be blinged out with full LEDs, nvram, and some tasteful mods as well as a thorough shop job).

Even in tournament mode, we found that the "computer awards" still seemed to be random for each player (not really what you want for tournament play), which got us wondering: what exactly is changed about the gameplay when the "tournament" setting is enabled? We at least expected the computer awards to become standardized for all players.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

I just read through the code and the only place that tournament mode sets is computer award. That is the only random variable in the game. The other thing people typical do is disable the claw. This does not happen automatically, you would have to select to disable the claw separately. Does that sound right? Do you think that the claw should be automatically disabled if put into tournament mode?
I will test tournament mode tonight to figure out why comp award is not working.

I agree that the claw integration seems nicely balanced with the new code, so I don't think there is any need to disable the claw for tournaments. But standardizing computer award progression for tournaments would definitely be needed for serious competitions. Thanks for looking into it!

1 month later
#281 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Working on a shooter lane guide with Cliffy now on DM so the ball will quit hammering the left post on the way up the ramp.

Woohoo! I'm in, please let me know when this is ready!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider annointed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-new-rules-new-code?tu=annointed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.