Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-07-17 22.00.04.jpg
2014-07-17 20.59.42.jpg
2014-07-17 20.59.26.jpg
image-111.jpg
2014-07-17 20.22.44.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So I took the ole knocker out and gave it an ohm test, getting about 4-5 range.... have a new one to replace it so going to save the old as a backup just in case, getting roughly about 4 with the new one. Regardless, still trying to understand why they cut the cords to the knockers if it seems healthy from the test unless they just got tired of the knocker sound. *shrug*

Anyone know where the red / black wires reside? No stray black or red wires laying around the back box as it seems.

2014-07-17 20.22.44.jpg2014-07-17 20.22.44.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Go to Tests - Coils - stop on knocker. Hit the start button, then start hitting the + diagnostic button. This steps you through coil, transistor, fuse, wire colors, connector and which pin info.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

So you are asking where the wires that connect the knocker go?

image-111.jpgimage-111.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Closest thing to that I see in there is this, there was no connector for the knocker btw:

2014-07-17 20.59.42.jpg2014-07-17 20.59.42.jpg2014-07-17 20.59.26.jpg2014-07-17 20.59.26.jpg

#5 9 years ago

WPC coils have no "polarity" since the diodes that were on coils in earlier WMS game systems were moved to the power/driver board. You may connect either wire to either lug, assuming your new coil does NOT have a diode. If it does, cut the diode off.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#6 9 years ago

Chris, If I can find the wires, we'll be in business, so far, no dice.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

If I can find the wires, we'll be in business, so far, no dice.

I posted how to find wire colors and which connector they go to. Get your own wire and connect it.

#8 9 years ago

So Red-Brown (Stripes) and Violet-Black (Stripes) seem to be the wires to it? Even though Black and Red from the connector are shown in the one picture above from DaveH (also Red / Brown, Violet/Black)

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

So Red-Brown (Stripes) and Violet-Black (Stripes) seem to be the wires to it? Even though Black and Red from the connector are shown in the one picture above from DaveH (also Red / Brown, Violet/Black)

Use any color wire you have. Just so it goes to the right spots on the right connectors.

#10 9 years ago

Ok I see what happened... whomever wired this to the credit / game tally mechanism... feasibly I can take these two wires (that are wired from the two that the knocker uses) to the knocker itself? Wow, what a roundabout way to wire this. That's why it was cut apparently, for this thing. *eye roll*

2014-07-17 22.00.04.jpg2014-07-17 22.00.04.jpg

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Ok I see what happened... whomever wired this to the credit / game tally mechanism... feasibly I can take these two wires (that are wired from the two that the knocker uses) to the knocker itself? Wow, what a roundabout way to wire this. That's why it was cut apparently, for this thing. *eye roll*

Coin meter ? Be sure you have CPU jumpered or switches set for USA. Or your knocker no worky.

#12 9 years ago

It's a USA machine, 120V. Sorry, yes, coin meter. Thanks Lloyd.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

It's a USA machine,

They are all USA machines.

If CPU is set for another country that required a coin meter, you need to change your CPU. Not just in utilities under languages.

#14 9 years ago

It's set for USA 2, just verified it... 15, 16, 17, 18 are off..... does that still count?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

It's set for USA 2, just verified it... 15, 16, 17, 18 are off..... does that still count?

Yes and thank you !

#16 9 years ago

No, thank you! Looks like they wired it specifically for that coin mechanism instead of the knocker. Seen that much?

#17 9 years ago

On reimports ? A lot.

#18 9 years ago

Nevermind, button has to be pressed for test. I feel dumb. It's late too.

Thanks guys, you rule! Knocker works great! A little rewire / solder = magic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-knocker-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.