(Topic ID: 223835)

DM display

By dskeys63

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Hooking up a ribbon cable should not damage anything, as it is just data, no voltage. I do this often.

Can you post a picture of everything connected? Also, can you press the menu button on the right and post a picture of that splash screen?

If you have a different game color ROM installed, you just need to load DM color ROM. Make sure the game is on before plugging in the USB and pressing the left button to download the ROM to the display.

#8 5 years ago

I was meaning the long, narrow DMD ribbon cable from the DMD controller to the DMD/ColorDMD. I make it a habit of turning off a game every time I need to reseat ribbon cables.

I was trying to say that powering up this particular ribbon cable backwards should not cause an issue. I've done this on multiple occasions.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

Also the op never answered an earlier question. Was the color DMD fully working at some point and now no longer works, or was the op trying to install the color dmd for the first time?

Yep, waiting to hear back on that as well.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

yes, that was the cable that blew out the data section on me once. It usually shouldn't be a problem but it CAN do it.

I'm sure it is possible if it is hot swapped. OP made it sound like power was only applied after the cable was connected wrong. Doesn't sound like it was hot swapped.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-display?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.