Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gibo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

It's a year after we started to sell the production PIG 2 and we're reducing the price to $115.00.

If you're not aware of what the PIG 2 is, it's a configurable board that allows you to incorporate your mods into your pinball machine. For the full description go here: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=457

Thanks so much for the support and I can't wait to see what you've done with your PIG 2 setup!

#2 9 years ago

PIG 2 is awesome, more people should take advantage of the power it provides. I see a lot of mods that just tie into the GI or something, when they could do so much more wired up to one of these boards.

#3 9 years ago

With a TFTC and a single PIG 2 board:

Animated Crypt Keeper
    Integrated Undercabinet lighting
    Pulsing scoop light
    Skull eyes that come to life when the pop bumpers are hit

And I still have one input and output to use.

The next PIG 2 phase is to start documenting as many PIG 2 powered mods that I can. If you've got something set up, I'd love to see what you've done.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

With a TFTC and a single PIG 2 board:
    Animated Crypt Keeper
    Pulsing scoop light
    And I still have one input and output to use.
    The next PIG 2 phase is to start documenting as many PIG 2 powered mods that I can. If you've got something set up, I'd love to see what you've done.

I'm going to expound upon this...

Quoted from dkpinball:

Animated Crypt Keeper

The Crypt Keeper is on a PIG 2 controlled servo. The Lite Creature Feature inserts in the game are also connected to the PIG 2. When those inserts light, the servo is activated and Crypt Keeper mounted on it will point to that shot. When neither insert are lit the Crypt Keeper points back to his home position (which is the scoop). All the timings and the servo angle settings are fully configurable.

Quoted from dkpinball:

This under cab lighting is connected to the PIG 2 and the GI is also connected to the PIG 2. The undercab lighting is set to turn off and on with the GI in the game.

Quoted from dkpinball:

Pulsing scoop light

The scoop light mod and the game light above the scoop are booth connected to the PIG 2. This scoop light mod is set to slowly pulse when the light above the scoop is lit. When that light above the scoop is not lit, the scoop light mod is set to dimly glow. Fully PIG configurable.

Quoted from dkpinball:

The skull eyes are a mod in the back of the game behind the pops. The three pops are all connected to the PIG 2. When any pop fires, the skull eyes fade on... and hold for a few seconds... and then fade off. All these fades, holds, etc are fully configurable via the PIG 2.

So all that is hooked up and there is still room for more connections on a single PIG 2.

Basically, the PIG 2 allows you to customize, personalize, and breathe life into your already installed mods and any future mod you might add.

#5 9 years ago

From AIM:
    [chad]
    man your descriptions suck.
    refresh the thread

... Jeez what a ball buster. Thanks for fleshing that out for me though

#6 9 years ago

A bump for a cool product with a nice new lower price.

4 months later
    #7 9 years ago

I have a fun house on the way. Would the pig 2 be worthwhile to help add a shaker?

#8 9 years ago

We have used it to install a shaker into a Whirlwind and F-14 Tomcat with good results. It's a little involved but not complicated really. It's a matter of finding the right triggers in the game and choosing good shaker effects.

Fun house seems like a good title for a shaker....

#9 9 years ago

I'm about to do all my on-hand Tron mods this week, gonna hook up the cycles at least to the PIG2, we have plans for a few other mods that will eventually get hooked up to it as well.

#10 9 years ago

I can't seem to find any information on your original PIG,is there a link somewhere?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

We have used it to install a shaker into a Whirlwind and F-14 Tomcat with good results. It's a little involved but not complicated really. It's a matter of finding the right triggers in the game and choosing good shaker effects.
    Fun house seems like a good title for a shaker....

I played the WW and I really liked it at MGC

#12 9 years ago

It has been said many times before (as Chad and Mike are both aware of). Many hobbyists really don't know what to do with this board. If people can come up with creative uses similiar to the Tron sign mod (and perhaps a working version) that utilizes this board, it would sell more of them.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

It has been said many times before (as Chad and Mike are both aware of). Many hobbyists really don't know what to do with this board. If people can come up with creative uses similiar to the Tron sign mod (and perhaps a working version) that utilizes this board, it would sell more of them.

I used it on my TZ when I had it to make the gumball light mod I installed fade in and out. Never got much further than that because I traded it.

#14 9 years ago

<dupe>

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gibo:

I can't seem to find any information on your original PIG,is there a link somewhere?

What information are you looking for on the PIG 1? It's considered obsolete at this point. The new design has been available for over a year at this point. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I think I could dig up the instruction manual also.

The PIG 2 really appeals to a niche within a niche. It didn't take long for me to realize that I wasn't going to sell a ton of them. If you are into modding out pinball machines, serious modding, and you're really happy to do serious customizing, then the PIG 2 is a **great** short cut for a lot of great effects.

By and large, people like plug and play mods. The PIG 2 could be that, but I'd need to be able to get the price down to the commodity level, ($30?) so retail mods could afford to include it in the price of their bigger mod package.

#16 9 years ago

I love my PIG 2, but yeah, it's definitely not an "out of the box" kind of thing. You have to learn the syntax, read up on examples, do some back and forth experimenting. It's not particularly difficult, but if you don't have any programming experience or the kind of personality that likes tinkering and experimenting it can be a little intimidating I think.

IMHO it would maybe help to have a library of common uses. Like "here's how to wire up your Tron cycles and recognizers, and then put this code on your card and you're done".

#17 9 years ago

I was planning on buying a set, i'll write something up and see if I can help show its potential

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

What information are you looking for on the PIG 1? It's considered obsolete at this point. The new design has been available for over a year at this point. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I think I could dig up the instruction manual also.
    The PIG 2 really appeals to a niche within a niche. It didn't take long for me to realize that I wasn't going to sell a ton of them. If you are into modding out pinball machines, serious modding, and you're really happy to do serious customizing, then the PIG 2 is a **great** short cut for a lot of great effects.
    By and large, people like plug and play mods. The PIG 2 could be that, but I'd need to be able to get the price down to the commodity level, ($30?) so retail mods could afford to include it in the price of their bigger mod package.

To be honest I had forgotten I was an early adopter and only discovered a box of the original PIG's the other day
    and now want to start using them,
    the instruction manual would be handy but I have dug up an old thread of yours that has answered my initial questions
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pig-modps-pinball-interface-gadget-integrate-your-electric-mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dk-pinball-pig-2-price-reduction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.