View topic image gallery

IMG_7836 (resized).JPG
IMG_7833 (resized).JPG
bonus (resized).jpg
66 (resized).jpg
dk (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
25giftCertificate224x2242 (resized).JPG
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

those saying TDK is better just can't have spent any time with both machines...

#52 6 years ago

What are a DK's selling for now?

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have and I will say BDK is better.

And I'm calling it BDK.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Or we have spent lots of time on both machines. Currently, B66 is in a garbage state. C'mon, man...

bonus (resized).jpgbonus (resized).jpg

#55 6 years ago

Opinions are diverse! Dk has 3 scenes! We've all beat them a million times and saved the girl!I'm sorry but DK is for children,As we were when it came out!I have a original DK with Nintendo system I'll trade you for that B66 Jar155!! I'll cover shipping!!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

What are a DK's selling for now?

I know of a nice one available for $4700. No idea if that is the right price or not.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You need to think this through a bit more. Go back to the Award a Lock example. And your logic is flawed - the software doesn't need to know how many balls are physically in the lock mechanism or if any have been "taken away" - just how many there should be. As for number of balls on the playfield - same thing. The game knows how many should be on the PF and acts accordingly. Which is why when you have more than one ball in play when there should be only one the end of ball sequence starts as soon as the first ball drains.
The logic to do what is necessary is not difficult. I'm sure we will see it at some point.

true, once the ball drains. When it pours the balls out the top. During that time, you have 2 or 3 balls rolling around the field, the games doesn't know. Once the first ball drains, it's going to go turn over......rack up bonus, lock flippers out...and start the next person, or next ball, before the other balls have time to make it down into the hole. This causes a problem.

The physical problem of not having a way to keep the balls in the lock during ball search, is a big oversight. Not having switches to let the game know if there are balls up there is a huge oversight. If that entry switch ever gets glitchy or goes out, the game is going to be very very confused and the game will be unplayable.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry, it just comes down to perspective and personal taste. For most people, the Nolan Batman is the definitive movie Batman & Ledger's Joker is the definitive Joker. It's a contemporary movie, so we'll see if it remains timeless - but Batman 66 is STEEPED in 60's culture and camp. People love it because they grew up with it or because it's funny ...but it's not remotely timeless. It's literally "1960s".

Right. "Timeless" would be classic comic book art.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

true, once the ball drains. When it pours the balls out the top. During that time, you have 2 or 3 balls rolling around the field, the games doesn't know. Once the first ball drains, it's going to go turn over......rack up bonus, lock flippers out...and start the next person, or next ball, before the other balls have time to make it down into the hole. This causes a problem.
The physical problem of not having a way to keep the balls in the lock during ball search, is a big oversight. Not having switches to let the game know if there are balls up there is a huge oversight. If that entry switch ever gets glitchy or goes out, the game is going to be very very confused and the game will be unplayable.

Can you think of a game with a physical lock that doesn't have switches? That's an absolutely bizarre dosing decision.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can you think of a game with a physical lock that doesn't have switches? That's an absolutely bizarre dosing decision.

Bally atlantis doesn't. It has 2 switches going into the lock, just in case one fails, but passes by them as gates. So if the ball goes through and rolls out the front. The game is forever lost on knowing how many balls it has.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Except for a physical problem with the entry switch or trough count (and I'd have to think about that one more), everything can be compensated through software. It would be slightly easier with optos/switches for the lock mechanism, but certainly not as difficult as you seem to think. It is certainly not a "huge oversight" as you claim. This discussion is way off topic for this thread, but I'll be glad to help you understand the logic via PM

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

BM66 is designed like a pieces of shit. If you lock a ball, there is nothing stopping the balls from rolling out the back when the game goes into ball search. So it doesn't know the balls are now gone, gets confused and forever kicks out 2 balls thinking they are 1. So you lose 1, it's turn over. Huge physical design flaw.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem is, is that there isn't switches to let the game know they are still there or not.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Not having switches to let the game know if there are balls up there is a huge oversight.

Quoted from Rarehero:

WTF are you guys talking about. There are 3 roll switches in the physical ball lock.

There is also the plastic coil stop which will no doubt be programmed stop the balls falling out on ball search.

Just another example of people talking sh*t about this game whithout any idea what they are talking about or having spent little to no time on it.

IMG_7833 (resized).JPGIMG_7833 (resized).JPG

#63 6 years ago

And BM66 is already MUCH better than TDK even in its garbage state.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There are 3 roll switches in the physical ball lock.
There is also the plastic coil stop which will no doubt be programmed stop the balls falling out on ball search.

Well, I have the game but must admit I just took the claim there were no switches at face value without verifying.

However, my main point is still true - although switches make dealing with the problem described easier to deal with, they are not required in order for the game to be able to compensate in the event that balls are lost from the lock during a ball search.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WTF are you guys talking about. There are 3 roll switches in the physical ball lock.
Just another example of people talking sh*t about this game whithout any idea what they are talking about or having spent little to no time on it.

well they were not working on the ones I played. You sure they even have wires on them They currently don't do anything. (at least in the last code i've played). I could not see the physical switches, and the way it was acting, I assumed they didn't any and worked like bally Atlantis.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My apologies. I should have known better than to trust Neo lol.

#67 6 years ago

Isn't it even more confusing that those switches aren't being used then? I mean...why?

#68 6 years ago

I'm no pinball wizard and love old themed games more than others. So I have Ss MB creature etc. I really wanted b66 for theme alone and have tried to play it quite a few times now but just dont like it at all layout wise so code updates won't improve it for me. I now have a bdk pretty blinged with alot of extras and love playing it. So for me theme is B66 but game play and fun bdk fully loaded with color sound and stuff.

#69 6 years ago

I would say currently with BM66 beta code that both games are pretty equal, BDK might have deeper code but BM66 is just more fun to shoot with more flow than BDK, once code on BM66 is complete, it will be a far better game than BDK, like with all Lyman games you just have to wait for that special code drop that changes everything if by magic!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Isn't it even more confusing that those switches aren't being used then? I mean...why?

Add those to the list of things Lyman will address and sort out as he works through the code, no way he will leave them unused.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My apologies. I should have known better than to trust Neo lol.

IMG_7836 (resized).JPGIMG_7836 (resized).JPG

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The switches are being used - the game knows how many balls are locked, and will even award a virtual lock if playing multiplayer, or the balls aren't allowed to drain at end of game (i.e. When you force start a new game). These guys are talking about the ball search logic.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The switches are being used - the game knows how many balls are locked, and will even award a virtual lock if playing multiplayer, or the balls aren't allowed to drain at end of game (i.e. When you force start a new game). These guys are talking about the ball search logic.

No, I know. I just mean why aren't the switches being used in the ball search logic. Pretty simple thing to disable the up post from the ball search routine.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, I know. I just mean why aren't the switches being used in the ball search logic. Pretty simple thing to disable the up post from the ball search routine.

Yeh. It will come. Just another sign how rushed this game was. Guessing the play testing was bare minimum.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh. It will come. Just another sign how rushed this game was. Guessing the play testing was bare minimum.

The unplayable game at reveal shows there was no play testing as there was no code, I think Lyman is coding this and play testing it simultaneously, which is not a bad thing if there is one person you want coding your game and playing the hell out of it to make sure its a players game from a code standpoint its Lyman, after the most recent update I feel pretty confident he will polish this into another gem like he did TWD, MET and so many others before.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The unplayable game at reveal shows there was no play testing as there was no code, I think Lyman is coding this and play testing it simultaneously, which is not a bad thing if there is one person you want coding your game and playing the hell out of it to make sure its a players game from a code standpoint its Lyman, after the most recent update I feel pretty confident he will polish this into another gem like he did TWD, MET and so many others before.

100% agree. He'll make this game great. I'm liking it a lot already, especially after the last update.

#77 6 years ago

Sold my HUO , heavily moded BDK , for 66LE. Both fun, 66LE is better.

#78 6 years ago

Neither. BDK is bad. B66 isn't ready. Buy something else and enjoy it for a year or 18 months, then circle around to B'66. By that time it should be on 1.00 and be ready to enjoy.

#79 6 years ago

BDK wasn't great but it wasn't bad by the time the final update came it was a pretty solid game, its major downfalls where the terrible sound package (if only for pinball browser back then!) and the one ramp (which was a nice shot) leading to the two slowest returns possible with that terrible teeter totter and the most repetitive and tedious upper playfield imaginable.

The joker can gets a lot of critism but the actual shot itself to the drop target and then into the lock is another nice shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dk-or-66/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.