(Topic ID: 327092)

DIY topper - where can I tap flasher circuit for interactive beacons?

By trueno92

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by trueno92
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Have a JP pro and i'm looking for some experience in wiring up external lighting accessories that could pull a 12v, ideally to pulse the same time flashers are triggered in game.

If anyone has this info and for the 5v line, that would be really helpful! thanks!

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Have a JP pro and i'm looking for some experience in wiring up external lighting accessories that could pull a 12v, ideally to pulse the same time flashers are triggered in game.
If anyone has this info and for the 5v line, that would be really helpful! thanks!

check out pinduino kits. You can read and react (program outcomes) to flashers. The documentation is available for sys 11, WPC, stern SAM/whitestar.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-arduino-shield-propin-pinhead

#3 1 year ago

thats awesome but i was just hoping there is a header off one of the boards that is built in to support toppers (most new sterns seem to have this functionality i think?) and then use a clip with a pigtail off the header to trigger the lamps.?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

thats awesome but i was just hoping there is a header off one of the boards that is built in to support toppers (most new sterns seem to have this functionality i think?) and then use a clip with a pigtail off the header to trigger the lamps.?

Nope. All new sterns are node board based.

#5 1 year ago

And tapping into an existing flasher will throw it into overload protection or fry the board.

1 month later
#6 1 year ago

My DMCS control module will let you trigger activity off any kind of event: flashers, switches, LEDs. It might be a little overkill if you just want a simple 1/1 on/off relation to a flasher, but it will let you do a lot more if you want. You can see some of the type of things I've done with it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-dmcs-mods-xilien-saucer-heatray-diverter-burning-building

#7 1 year ago

Thanks much for the post. Yah, im just trying to do alligator clips or something, but i may br abandoning the idea in the short term...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-topper-where-can-i-tap-flasher-circuit-for-interactive-beacons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.