JP - DMD Extender Config.png
image-647.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DoctorPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

Hi

To answer a few of the points above...
Smoothing... it's the effect I call ZX Speccy as it's extremely blocky... and not very nice. This effect was in v0.7 along with normal, vertical and horizontal scan lines. It was easy to add this effect into the software but it's not necessarily one you'd choose to use.

The video size is determined by the screen you're using. The DMD section always fills the full width, the aspect ratio setting determines the height that will be filled - this must be set correctly for your screen to ensure the image looks right. The overscan option allows you to adjust the borders, but this is primarily used for composite screens where there's an analogue component to the video signal. On HDMI/DVI I believe the image will always fill the full width of the screen.

To move the DMD image up and down use the DMD Position setting - set it to custom for fine control within the speaker panel window.

Waldo34, I believe, is using a 17.3" 16:9 screen, which is the same that I used in my Baywatch. This screen is slightly smaller than the original DMD and hence you see more of a gap at the top. To alleviate this Waldo needs to shift the DMD section upwards a little using the DMD position setting. Some other customers have used 18.4" screens which really fill the window, but these are harder to get hold of and cost more - my Application Note on replacing the large Sega screens suggests using the 17.3" screen. The result is extremely satisfactory.

The colours I used in Baywatch are as follows:
100% - FFCC00
90% - 00F4F4
75% - FF0000
0% - 000000
Background - 000000

Just enter these into the relevant fields on the configuration tool dot colour section.

If these aren't to your taste it's very easy to setup a standard graduated scheme just like the original plasma display - either orange or from any other base colour.

Many thanks for all your support - David.

#13 10 years ago

I also used a palette based on a light blue colour complete with custom animated graphics displayed on a 50" plasma display. I did this at a pinball event I organised at my local village hall. The screen really added to the atmosphere, especially as there was a high score competition on the Baywatch so everyone could keep track of what was happening...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Doctor Pinball are you going to start accepting PayPal BillMeLater payments/invoices? This will allow us to better finance these conversions by using payment plans.

Sorry, it's not available in the UK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DoctorPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-sega-baywatch-color-dmd-project?tu=DoctorPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.