16371742940994646543293548737052 (resized).jpg
16371742711027226299469432029104 (resized).jpg
Mylar_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6879 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_224614 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_215405 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_205327 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_202751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphypeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Thanks for this excellent post. Did you do "only" about the slings? Fortunately my NIB POTC had no raised clear out of the box. So the first thing I did before playing game 1, was to change out to star posts and medium density thin rubber washers. Before and after pics below. Fingers crossed this will keep any issue at bay. I will report back as well.

IMG_3781 (resized).JPGIMG_3781 (resized).JPGIMG_3783 (resized).JPGIMG_3783 (resized).JPG
#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think we should now call a "playfield iron."

Thus it has been named! : )
I have ordered one, and intend to share it with my local pinheads if they need it.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

As a distributor I'm going to say :

2. JJP is asking people to NOT remove your posts just yet
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

What? Nope. Are you not aware of the JJP post on their website concerning the POTC "Update Kit"? It's a post replacement kit. See link.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/Service%20Bulletin%20P-1%20POTC%20Post%20Update%20Kit.pdf

1 week later
#112 4 years ago

Mine came in today from Amazon. I just adjusted the packaging a bit. ; )
Pin Repair Tool (resized).jpgPin Repair Tool (resized).jpg

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol too funny love the creative touch! If you do proceed, do so slowly its really not that hard to do. Best of luck to you!

You can bet I'm going to try it! : )
I think it's genius. But I will be one of those that buys an extra playfield for their "Forever Pin". ; )

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just an suggestion but as it appears JJP is now randomly offering no cost replacement playfields Please see if you qualify before attempting any fix first! Hate to see you not get what you deserve. If you get a replacement no doubt fix it with no worries then you'll have a spare! Just a suggestion.

Thankfully my JJP isn't having an issue. But my Beatles has "slight" pooling, and is well past warranty. I got the Iron as a "just in case" measure. : )
Thanks YB!

1 week later
#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hoping to do some Bill Nye hardness testing this week.

bill-nye-dolph-lundgren (resized).jpgbill-nye-dolph-lundgren (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely. The iron press process is done first to bring the playfield clear and art back to original level while slightly hardening both at the same time. From there placed a small (nail) UV lamp (link below) or similar over the repaired area. After about a minute the UV hardening seems to be complete as the surface is rather thin. Again, similar to the process used in hard curing 3D resin printed parts. At that point I light clean with alcohol and apply a mylar ring to protect from any cracking or chipping now that its set. Hope that makes sense.
amazon.com link »

I kind of like this one. More portable, Smaller for the Playfield, but lower W's. So it might take 30 more seconds.

https://www.amazon.com/Fingernail-Toenail-Polishes-Professional-Huretek/dp/B07K1WK518/ref=sr_1_14

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Doesn’t really matter. Nor is it a mandatory process. i found the addition step gave me confidence the issue would never return. Time will tell.

Yelobird,
when are you going to do a video tutorial about the whole process? I'm thinking it would get quite a few views bu interested parties.

2 weeks later
#168 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks to Yelobird for the guide, I've just spent a few hours sorting 7 posts pooling on my IMDN pro.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you also use the "Nail" UV lamp to help cure after "ironing" down? I think Yelobird has said he has seen NO issues after having performed this repair.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am still trying to verify that the UV cure adds value. So far the simple iron press and Mylar rings works without further issue with minimal cost or effort.

I should have said "performed the ironing repair with Mylar" and been more specific. I remembered you were still evaluating the UV cure. I can't get anything right today. : (

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

7,500 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphypeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands?tu=murphypeoples and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.