Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,374 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240419_182939364 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7153 (resized).jpeg
    V2.1.1-manual-Screenshot 2024-03-01 084702 (resized).png
    V2.1.1-Screenshot 2024-03-01 083536 (resized).png
    IMG_20240115_132957064 (resized).jpg
    20240113_012302 (resized).jpg
    lamp_gnd (resized).png
    solenoid_gnd (resized).png
    20240107_095759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240105_131532014_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240105_131527557 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240105_131525512 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240105_131512183_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#784 2 years ago

What's the C5 value for the Bally 6 digit display (BOM does not list)? Is it the same 10nF in the the 7 digit bom?

#786 2 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

Description
    50V 10nF X7R ±10% 0805 Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors MLCC - SMD/SMT ROHS
    Manufacturer
    Samsung Electro-Mechanics
    Mfr. Part #
    CL21B103KBANNNC
    LCSC Part #
    C1710
    Package
    But I have used 10nf axial caps without trouble.

I was going to go axial (or possibly a radial with bent legs)

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CCA-0.01uF-100V

I know up-rating capacitor voltage is generally ok, but just want a double check that the above will work.

Thanks!

#788 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Wait I think I have a ton of those. Let me get home and check the bag.
    Update: I have 1000 .1uf 50V caps. These are the ones that go across the power for ics. I'd be happy to send 100 for the cost of shipping. They say 104 on them and are Radial

Thanks for the offer! Is upping the capacitance by x10 have any effect? I don't think I need 100, but I'd certainly take some off your hands.

#794 2 years ago
    Quoted from bontango:

C5 on 7-digit ( which is C4 on 6digit) should be a 10nF cap as in this case the value determine
    the clock speed generated by the NE555 chip which I use for 'diming'
    It does not harm if you try a 100nF part but could result in not being able to dim your displays
    in the same range as you do with a 10nF ...
    Please let me know if you give it a try

bontango Sorry for the confusion, I am looking for the value of C5 for the bally 6 digit display. Thanks for your help!

3 weeks later
    #832 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Was thinking of making displays but wanted to see if I could find pink led 7 segment displays.

White displays and pink light gels/filters?

6 months later
    #1011 1 year ago

Question about ordering from JLC. I uploaded all the files for the 35 SMD board, and they flagged the 50V 680pF capacitor as out of stock and zeroed out that line item. It seems like this would be an easy substitution item for them, is there any point in the order for me to tell them to sub in an equivalent cap?

#1023 1 year ago

bontango JLC is asking me to confirm the diode polarity/polarities. I've compared my arrangement to one previously posted in this thread (post 709) and found D1,6,7 are flipped. Can you help me out and check the attached diode arrangements to confirm their correct (or incorrect).
    smd polarity (resized).pngsmd polarity (resized).png

#1027 1 year ago

Thanks @bontango, I apologize for the poor image. Using your screenshot in #1025 I can confirm, D4-D6. JLC would like me to confirm the polarity of D1, D2, D3, D7, D8, D9. Could you take a look at the attached screenshots? Hopefully these posts may help others as well.

unnamed (1) (resized).pngunnamed (1) (resized).pngunnamed (2) (resized).pngunnamed (2) (resized).pngunnamed (3) (resized).pngunnamed (3) (resized).pngunnamed (resized).pngunnamed (resized).png
    1 week later
    #1031 1 year ago

If anyone wants a -35 pcb I have a couple extra from my jlc order. Shoot me a pm!

3 months later
    #1086 1 year ago

My pre-pandemic PI zero stash has been finally used up (bummer!). Is it possible to run the lisy software on a Model A or B? I have those kicking around.

I also have extra -35 SMD mpu boards if anyone needs them.

#1088 1 year ago
    Quoted from bontango:

LISY do run on all modells that do have the '40pin' connector.
    As the raspberry is a bit rare at the moment, you can also use a Banana PI M2 Zero together with LISY embedded
    https://lisy.dev/lisy_embedded.html

Cool, that’s something I definitely would try out. Does anyone have an extra embedded board they want to trade for a -35smd? I don’t want to place another I’ll pcb order at the moment.

3 months later
    #1136 1 year ago

I have a couple extra Lisy -35 smd boards. Does anyone have a lisyFA board to trade? I might be interested in the other lisy boards too. Shoot me a PM!

1 week later
    #1141 1 year ago
    Quoted from bontango:

next development will be a 'piggy back' PCB for Bally MPUs which change the zero cross timing there
    stay tuned

Does that include Baby Pac-Man?

2 months later
    #1181 10 months ago

Just clarifying what has already been discussed, baby pac will not work with the lisy35, but might be compatible with the Bally FPGA mpu?

#1183 10 months ago
    Quoted from bontango:

Baby Pacman does have the 'combo driver board' which is not supported with LISY35
    ( same as Grand Slam, Godball and Granny and the Gators)
    BalyFA does support the combo board, not sure if someone tested it with Baby Pac but IMHO it should work.

Does the combo board correlate with the difference in zero crossing methods?
    EDIT: if anyone wants deeper info see convo starting at Post #658

Also, if anyone has an extra BallyFA board please shoot me a PM. I have extra 35smd boards to trade!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lisy-a-replacement-mpu-for-gottlieb-bally-amp-stern?tu=pinash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.