Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,394 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by SYS6
  • Topic is favorited by 114 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240510_150316 (resized).jpg
    20240510_144838 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20240420_121107900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240419_182939364 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7153 (resized).jpeg
    V2.1.1-manual-Screenshot 2024-03-01 084702 (resized).png
    V2.1.1-Screenshot 2024-03-01 083536 (resized).png
    IMG_20240115_132957064 (resized).jpg
    20240113_012302 (resized).jpg
    lamp_gnd (resized).png
    solenoid_gnd (resized).png
    There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.
    #1201 10 months ago

Bally LED anti flicker solution - does this work on the bally35 and stern mpu 100/200 boards or just the bally35?

#1202 10 months ago

do you mean this one?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-bally-led-anti-flicker-solution#post-7602225
    should work with Bally35 and Stern100, for Stern 200 there is a seperate board which I need to add to lisy.dev
    For Stern thats all theory, should work but not tested on real hardware so far

#1203 10 months ago

@ bontango :

The Raspberry's are back on stock, so I wonder if you are considering to develop more Rpi based boards or the will your future focus be on the FPGA platforms ?

best regards

#1204 10 months ago

Focus will be on FPGA, as:
    - gameplay timing is closer to original
    - it has much faster boot
    - it is way easier to implement for me
    Raspberry (LISYx) plattforms have more 'addons' but I learned that most people do not use them ...

1 week later
    #1205 10 months ago

I'm working on a Sys1 Totem, it had no boards at all so i put in Lisy power supply, powerboard and MPU. It works great but i'm missing sound, does anyone have the sound files of a Totem ?
    Second choice would be a soundboard, but I don't have one (yet)

#1206 10 months ago

I do not have the soundfiles, but if you have a running windows pinmame installation you can record the sounds yourself
    Find an instruction how to do that here https://github.com/AmokSolderer/APC/blob/master/DOC/PinMameSounds.md
    or ... you decide to go for GOSOF which can emulate SYS1 & SYS80 Soundboards
    https://lisy.dev/gosof.html

#1207 10 months ago

hi all,
    got my GOSOF board but i'm struggling to find the gosof.zip which has the sound rom files in. Can anyone assist? either point me to where it is on the website or send me it?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1208 10 months ago
    Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

hi all,
    got my GOSOF board but i'm struggling to find the gosof.zip which has the sound rom files in. Can anyone assist? either point me to where it is on the website or send me it?
    [quoted image]

The sound files are on this page : https://lisy.dev/gosof.html
    Click the button named "speech files (archive) for MP3 player device (only needed for MA216 SB)".

But I believe the speech for Black hole is emulated now in the latest firmware version and that these files are no longer needed?
    I have sold my Black hole so I am unable to check this.

#1209 10 months ago
    Quoted from Zigzagzag:

The sound files are on this page : https://lisy.dev/gosof.html
    Click the button named "speech files (archive) for MP3 player device (only needed for MA216 SB)".
    But I believe the speech for Black hole is emulated now in the latest firmware version and that these files are no longer needed?
    I have sold my Black hole so I am unable to check this.

Thanks,
    Sorted it now just have other issues

1 month later
    #1210 8 months ago

Hi all,

I build a GoPOP popbumper driver, but I am not sure about the jumpers:
    Is it a standard 40ms long pulse where you can add/subtract the time of the jumper ?
    And how does the debounce time work ?

Thanks!

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #1211 8 months ago

I recently found a Charlie's Angels without boards, so now it's a Gottlieb-Lisy system

With many many thanks to bontango, otherwise this would have been a parts donor !

Lisy1 system (resized).jpgLisy1 system (resized).jpg
    #1212 8 months ago

Hi all, I have 3 early rev Bally FA boards with all the parts needed for final assembly except the FPGA, you provide that and micro SD card. You finish assembly. PM me if you are interested. I built one for my Playboy and it worked from day 1. Now Playboy must go. Boards are about the same as latest rev with a different SD card interface.

#1213 8 months ago
    Quoted from PinMario:

I build a GoPOP popbumper driver, but I am not sure about the jumpers:
    Is it a standard 40ms long pulse where you can add/subtract the time of the jumper ?
    And how does the debounce time work ?

You are right, that information is missing. I have added some doc to my website
    https://lisy.dev/pbdb.html
    Let me know if you need more

possible adjustments

The pulse time for the bumper solenoid (standard without jumpers is 40ms) can be adjusted by the first five jumpers. You can use multiple jumpers while the pulse time setting is 'additional' to the default pulse time. So the range you can set is between 75ms and 25ms. -> ( (40+20+10+5 ) and (40 -10 - 5) )

The last three jumpers (debounce) are not used and will be removed in next HW revision. With latest software version the bumper is only activated with a 'falling edge'. So if your switch get stucked, with GoPOP you will only have 'one pulse'.

2 weeks later
    #1214 8 months ago

Attract mode for Gottlieb System1 games now possible with LISY1 and GottFA1 / GottFA1_PLuS
    https://lisy.dev/gtb-sys1-attract-mode.html

#1215 8 months ago
    Quoted from bontango:

Attract mode for Gottlieb System1 games now possible with LISY1 and GottFA1 / GottFA1_PLuS
    https://lisy.dev/gtb-sys1-attract-mode.html

That is a really nice enhancement. Will have to try this on Buck Rogers.

#1216 8 months ago

bontango On you website page for the sys80/sys80a displays it says :

- no new wiring, thanks to a step-down converter on the 6 and 7digit displays)
    My displays need a bit more current than the original displays for the 62Volt. If you use my power supply replacement one resistor need to be changed. See the note on the power supply page.

Would it be possible to feed the displays with 5V directly, or does it have to be 62V -> stepdown -> 5V ?

#1217 8 months ago
    Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Would it be possible to feed the displays with 5V directly, or does it have to be 62V -> stepdown -> 5V ?

5 Volt not with the current design, but the full 62V is not needed,
    what you can do is to feed the display stepdown converter with DC power >= 12Volt

2 weeks later
    #1218 7 months ago

I'm running a LISY80 in a Black Hole while I rebuild the original board. The game plays well with the LISY80 but I did notice that some of the sounds are a bit off when starting a game. Seems slightly slower. Maybe timing related? I noticed there is an option to set the emulation speed. The board has a RPi 0 Wireless as the processor. Has anyone else noticed this? If it is timing related will adjusting the emulation speed have an effect on that? Would be nice to get it a bit closer.

4 weeks later
    #1219 6 months ago

I have a non operational gottlieb 80b (Hollywood heat). I would like to install a lisy mpu and display. Since the minimum order of each is 5, what does everyone do with the extras? Sell them here? Anyone have extras that they aren’t going to use?

#1220 6 months ago
    Quoted from Nds777:

I have a non operational gottlieb 80b (Hollywood heat). I would like to install a lisy mpu and display. Since the minimum order of each is 5, what does everyone do with the extras? Sell them here? Anyone have extras that they aren’t going to use?

I have 80b display boards. I'll trade you one for a mpu

#1221 6 months ago

Hello Lisy people,

I am trying to order some GOSOF sound boaards to be built by JLPCB.

When I upload the BOM/CPL, it is complaining about P1 and P2 being missing.

Looking at the board, these just look like headers for the processor?

Not sure if I am missing something, or if it is fine to push through with this error.

Thank you-

#1222 6 months ago
    Quoted from koji:

When I upload the BOM/CPL, it is complaining about P1 and P2 being missing.

Can be safely ignored, see my news from September 23. https://lisy.dev/news.html
    But I have updated the CPL (same filename), so after refresh it should be OK

#1223 6 months ago
    Quoted from Nds777:

You have to order 5 bare boards, but only 2 of those have to be assembled. I just eat the cost of the 3 bare boards.

Or, if its something I am likely to use down the road, sit on the extras.

#1224 6 months ago
    Quoted from bontango:

Can be safely ignored, see my news from September 23. https://lisy.dev/news.html
    But I have updated the CPL (same filename), so after refresh it should be OK

Great,thanks for confirming and updating the CPL

#1225 6 months ago
    Quoted from dung:

You have to order 5 bare boards, but only 2 of those have to be assembled. I just eat the cost of the 3 bare boards.
    Or, if its something I am likely to use down the road, sit on the extras.

Good idea. Thanks.

#1226 6 months ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I have 80b display boards. I'll trade you one for a mpu

That works for me. I’ll be in touch.

#1227 6 months ago

Anyone have an extra BallyFA PCB? Figured I ask before printing more...

#1228 6 months ago

bontango I'm currently trying out one of your sys80b displays for a Hollywood heat.
    It seems to me the dimming of the display using the dip switches is a bit ... hard.
    That is, with both switches off the display is very bright.
    With any (or both) switches on, the display is very dim.
    I have tried this with 2 different displays now, and they behave the same way.
    Is there something I have done wrong - or is there perhaps a software solution for this?
    The displays are powered by an external 5V source btw.

#1229 6 months ago

Recently ordered the System 1 driver boards and have been working great in my roller disco. I have a ni wumpf mpu board but would like to try building and programming a lys1 MPU for my roller disco. I have been able to find a roller disco ROM file for mame but have had no luck with an original image. I understand the images are copy righted but I have a roller disco and I have the original MPU board. Gottlieb is such a pain in the but I will never buy another one. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

#1230 6 months ago
    Quoted from steel:

I have been able to find a roller disco ROM file for mame but have had no luck with an original image.

MAME/PinMAME catalogs the original images. That is one of the primary purposes of these emulation projects. What you have is likely what you're looking for.

#1231 6 months ago

Anyone have a few extra Cyclone II boards floating around?

#1232 6 months ago
    Quoted from Zigzagzag:

It seems to me the dimming of the display using the dip switches is a bit ... hard.
    That is, with both switches off the display is very bright.
    With any (or both) switches on, the display is very dim.

This is a known bug and 'work in progress'.
    Hope to have a new SW version in1-2 weeks

#1233 6 months ago

Anyone have an extra GottFA80/PLuS board? Looking to try it out in a Haunted House. Thanks-

Mike

#1234 6 months ago

Zigzagzag please give v022 a try and let me know https://lisy.dev/swrep/Displays/Gottlieb/80B/software/v1.1/

Next version will have a 'dim menu' via the Test Switch which will provide 20 dim values instead of the current four

#1235 5 months ago

Question on using LISY35 in a Classic Stern-

Moved my LISY35 from Bally Harlem Globetrotters to my Stern Cheetah to do some diagnostic work. Changed the S2 game select to Cheetah. Board seems to start up but all displays are 0000000 and game won’t start.

Yellow zero crossing light is blinking and status is green. Pressing start button causes red Switch LED to blink…but no game start.

Is there anything else to set when using in a Stern MPU200 game that I missed? I know there will be no sound.

IMG_1341 (resized).jpegIMG_1341 (resized).jpeg
    #1236 5 months ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Yellow zero crossing light is blinking and status is green. Pressing start button causes red Switch LED to blink…but no game start.

Sounds all good, rom is successfully loaded and switch PIC is reacting to switches.
    Maybe there are other reasons why the game do not start ( missing balls?)
    Do the (Stern) selftest work?

#1237 5 months ago
    Quoted from bontango:

Sounds all good, rom is successfully loaded and switch PIC is reacting to switches.
    Maybe there are other reasons why the game do not start ( missing balls?)
    Do the (Stern) selftest work?

Ball was in the trough and haven't had trough switch problem previously. Self test did not work.

Changed to an MPU-200 and the game works. Any ideas if I try this again in the future?

#1238 5 months ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Ball was in the trough and haven't had trough switch problem previously. Self test did not work.
    Changed to an MPU-200 and the game works. Any ideas if I try this again in the future?

Stupid question, but ... is the game set to free play or are there zero credits?

#1239 5 months ago
    Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Stupid question, but ... is the game set to free play or are there zero credits?

Actually a great question…that was probably the reason! I did not have it on free play. Thank you.

Edit- would self test not work without credits?

#1240 5 months ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Actually a great question…that was probably the reason! I did not have it on free play. Thank you.

It should I guess - perhaps you have 2 unrelated issues going on? Worth a try at least

#1241 5 months ago
    Quoted from bontango:

Zigzagzag please give v022 a try and let me know https://lisy.dev/swrep/Displays/Gottlieb/80B/software/v1.1/
    Next version will have a 'dim menu' via the Test Switch which will provide 20 dim values instead of the current four

Dimming works great, thank you for the awesome work you put into your projects!

#1242 5 months ago

Thanks
    just to explain: Zigzagzag did test my latest version 0.90 which have a '20 level' dim menu now
    https://lisy.dev/gottlieb-80b.html

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #1243 5 months ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

re-flash the switch chip, had a similar issue and flashed my switch ic with the solenoid flash. Re-flashed and game fired up. If that doesnt fix it check your resistor network values for the switches, Had one go bad randomly.

edit: looks like your missing the bally green LED. might need to investigate that. but that could also be related to the "flashing"

#1244 5 months ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

re-flash the switch chip, had a similar issue and flashed my switch ic with the solenoid flash. Re-flashed and game fired up. If that doesnt fix it check your resistor network values for the switches, Had one go bad randomly.
    edit: looks like your missing the bally green LED. might need to investigate that. but that could also be related to the "flashing"

Thanks for the suggestion @hockeymutt. Which LED is missing?

#1245 5 months ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Thanks for the suggestion hockeymutt. Which LED is missing?

the one in the center of the board marked "bally" it under the triple tree.

#1246 5 months ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

the one in the center of the board marked "bally" it under the triple tree.

You’re right, that LED was off. It’s been a little bit since I’ve used the LISY35 so familiarity has faded.

I recall one of my PICs was impossible to program in its correct slot and had to rename a file and program it in a different slot. Gonna need to look into it, thanks again.

#1247 5 months ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

You’re right, that LED was off. It’s been a little bit since I’ve used the LISY35 so familiarity has faded.
    I recall one of my PICs was impossible to program in its correct slot and had to rename a file and program it in a different slot. Gonna need to look into it, thanks again.

Glad I could help! Also I believe this led flashes like a Bally game and Ralf coded it to relate the flashes like in the original mpu. So might point you in a direction

#1248 5 months ago

Checking to see if anyone have an extra GottFA80/PLuS board before I bite the bullet and purchase five from JLCPCB. Will happily pay a fair price and shipping. Looking to try it out in a Haunted House project. Thanks-

Mike

#1249 5 months ago

I bought five WillFA7 boards, I'll only use 4 - anyone have a WillFA11 board that they'd trade me?

I'll make sure the WillFA7 board is completely populated, I won't be including a Cyclone IV with it.

#1250 5 months ago
    Quoted from pb456:

I bought five WillFA7 boards, I'll only use 4 - anyone have a WillFA11 board that they'd trade me?
    I'll make sure the WillFA7 board is completely populated, I won't be including a Cyclone IV with it.

willing to sell one of those 7's? maybe by you some mooses tooth?!

There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lisy-a-replacement-mpu-for-gottlieb-bally-amp-stern/page/25?hl=zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.