Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Moose615
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I really like the technical side of the hobby. And I was thinking the other day, that it'd be sweet if a manufacturer (most likely one of the boutique manufacturers) offered their titles in kit form. I'd like to get a machine flat packed to me and assemble the whole sha-bang myself. Seems like an option that would help keep final costs low and maybe even speed up delivery time.

#2 10 years ago

Look up Gamatron. It essentially was a kit made by Pinstar to convert a blown out bally or stern game into a new game.

Gamatron is awesome too.

#3 10 years ago

Yeah, I know about conversion kits. But I'm talking about a kit for a whole new machine, cabinet and everything.

#4 10 years ago

The only issue with a complete built up kit is liability. Sure many on here could build one but what about the one that gets built where a ground is compromised due to improper assy? With Gamatron kits power supply and grounding plane was already in place.

#5 10 years ago

Non-Pinball, but you can do this for Arcade setup. Can do a MAME machine inside a DIY cabinet with customized control panel and graphics. Can buy kits or plans depending on how involved you want it to be. Seen simple and clean all the way up to crazy and LED'd.

Luck.

#6 10 years ago

I'm not saying the titles should only be offered in kit form, but have the option of ordering a fully assembled machine or the kit. If you order the kit, sign a release of liability. If you don't want to sign a release of liability, order the fully assembled machine.

#7 10 years ago

It'd be cool, but already manufactures making to many different models then throwing this in like 4 models now no way. It'd be better for people that complain about code by time they proably put it together they'll be a new code.

#8 10 years ago

Cool idea but they would have to hire half of India to handle the calls.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

Cool idea but they would have to hire half of India to handle the calls.

This. They'd have to sell it "as is" or it would be completely unworkable.

#10 10 years ago

This has been done. See Pinball 2000 for a success story.

#11 10 years ago

I also believe JPOP's RAZA is available as a DIY if the buyer chooses to.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-kits-from-manufacturers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.