2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

For those of you that have installed LED strips in you backbox to light the backglass sides and bottom. Where are you attaching it? Can find a good place to stick it and still be able to pull the monitor out.

#2 2 years ago

If anyone could post pictures on how they’ve done this, it would be appreciated.

#3 2 years ago

in the DI owners thread there's a link to another thread that documents it.

I've stuck it to the left and right side of the screen, and at the bottom I put a plastic frame in the bottom of the backbox
    Installed connectors in between so I can disconnect it when I pull the monitor out.

So it's:

Original top lightning
    connector
    led on left and right side monitor
    connector
    bottom cabinet

#4 2 years ago

To be able to pull the monitor out, you are going to have to solder individual strips together with wire to provide slack. You can’t just run a single piece of led strip all the way around the monitor, plus you have to be mindful of the camera and can’t have leds within a few inches of it. It requires a fair amount of soldering. If you mount the leds on the bottom of the monitor facing down, you will lose some effects and if you mount it too close to the back glass facing out, you will see the individual leds. I’ve seen pics of guys who’ve done it and it doesn’t look good. They have to be recessed.

We sell these for $89 shipped (white version, rgb is more), but I’m happy to help DIYers. it’s not as simple as just plugging in an led strip to a 5v port. We also include a dimmer to adjust the lighting as needed. Ours are 12v.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-jjp-backglass-lighting-questions?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.