Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 633 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Royflipper
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3467 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6635 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2511 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3020 (resized).jpg
    648baf4cb833a945fe2e20dd6a1c512fc9511a1c (resized).jpg
    vhd (resized).jpg
    cbrpk (resized).jpg
    sketches2 (resized).jpg
    Revolver Concept (resized).png
    sketches (resized).jpg
    Portrait_Matador_Color (resized).jpg
    SECRET-PONCHOS-MW-ensemble-1000 (resized).jpg
    b8b9df8a13f5a418b01810f7fa98a8a9c32f778f (resized).png
    plungers (resized).jpg
    s-l300 (resized).jpg
    Assembled board2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yellowdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 7 years ago

Guys,

Apologies for the interruption from a lurker, but a couple of things come to mind. First, this is an amazing project. I really like the basic design and the modularity. There is definitely a lot of creative talent.

Second, I am afraid you are starting to go off into the weeds. The first rule of these types of projects is build something that works. Once you have a working prototype, then start getting creative.

I like the western theme, I think it would work well as a basic ICB type machine. What worked well with ICB & ZP was the use of art to set the theme and let the player come up with a reason for putting the balls in the holes. Personally, I would be happy to have a working ICB clone with a western tavern theme. Call it "Luke Warm Beer" and I would willingly fork over cash for a kit (since I don't have a CNC machine in my back pocket and probably never will).

Once you have the basic machine flipping (dropping?) then it is time to mod it out. If you spend too much time trying to design cool add-ons you won't have anything to add them on to. Build the basic machine. Bulletproof the software. Then pick a theme and get the art.

I like the way the Minions guys are building their pin. They started from a working pin and started to adjust and rework it. They didn't try to create the art and the theme and then go looking for some hardware to slide under it.

As I said, I love this project and if I had access to the tools, I would probably be neck deep in trying to do something similar. I would just hate to see it get derailed by trying to work themes in before there is a working prototype.

Return from interrupt. The above opinions are strictly my own. Your mileage may vary. Close cover before striking.

ken

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yellowdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ice-cold-beer-type-game?tu=Yellowdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.