Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Yelobird
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

So there are a ton of videos online about creating an acrylic edge-lit display that could be used for a topper. And I have access to a Glowforge so the actual cutting and etching is actually pretty easy. But I am having trouble tracking down and figuring out how the manufacturers are printing on the acrylic directly. Can this be replicated in the home maker space? My JJP POTC topper is garbage and I want to try my hand at creating my own but I can’t figure out the printing component yet. Anyone try this?

#2 4 months ago

Is the JJP just a decal? Looks that way on the photos but I have not seen one in person.

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Is the JJP just a decal? Looks that way on the photos but I have not seen one in person.

I will take a closer look, but I believe it is a direct print. That is what I am trying to decide, would what is essentially a decal look ok?

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I will take a closer look, but I believe it is a direct print. That is what I am trying to decide, would what is essentially a decal look ok?

Yep its direct printed. Have you considered the one from Tilt Topper? Looks pretty nice and they absolutely Blew me away with the animated TZ topper they made for me. Best topper I have seen in a long time. My guess is as POTC JJP is fairly new several options will eventually pop up in time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1051-tilttopper/01910-pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-topper

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Altos, CA
Wanted
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Elmhurst, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside