image.jpg
IMGA0731.JPG
IMGA0730.JPG
IMGA0729.JPG
IMGA0728.JPG
IMGA0727.JPG
IMGA0726.JPG
IMGA0725.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

Great find with the lights and excellent instructions. Here's my Amazon order. I already have electrical tape and will have a lot of Gorilla tape left over so $15 is pretty close.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 9 years ago

LaserBall done up the MustangPaul way:
LaserBall.jpgLaserBall.jpg

#52 9 years ago

Here's the back of mine.

back.jpgback.jpg

I followed your advice and went one bulb for the small and 2 for the large. Not as many inserts on this so a lot got 2 lights. I started at the bottom middle with the control box so the plug would hang down and then worked my way up and counterclockwise so I could leave the end female plug also at the bottom (to the left of the box). Not that I expect to use that but that'll be the best place in case I do.

I probably had about 15 or more extra lights so I snaked it back to the middle to give each of the 10 rollovers in that triangle formation a 3rd light. I planned mine out from the start and knew I'd have a lot extra but unfortunately didn't think of using them for the rollovers until the end.

Some notes:

This can be a one person job but you'll probably want help after taping up the holes on the back. I had my wife slowly pass a flashlight over it while I watched for light coming through and then taped them up. The other option is to tape every single hole, but about half don't go through (and the ones you don't think go through probably do).

One thing nice thing about these lights is that there's a good distance between each bulb and the stems themselves are long so with the right planning you can avoid wasted bulbs as you stretch to reach the next insert. It doesn't matter which way the bulb enters the insert so position it based on your next insert.

Here I have it pointing left so I can then hit the next insert by pointing right
stretch.jpgstretch.jpg
Also, don't spend a lot on the paper. I only used one sheet so I could have bought even cheaper stuff and doubled it up.

Use good scissors because Gorilla tape is hard to cut and you want a lot of it. I tried to get by with smaller pieces than in MustangPaul's pics and may need to go back over it to block out the light bleeding through.

Most of the choices are on the light show box work pretty well (except the one where it alternates groups of 3 since they don't line up in groups on the PF) the super fast flashing. Right now I have it on a setting that seems to cycle through all the modes.

#53 9 years ago

A quick, poorly lit, sideways video of the lights in action:

#55 9 years ago

I didn't worry too much about positioning since all the inserts are round. I just plugged it in to spot check every so often as I went along. This is my only one but maybe I'll find another at TPF this year.

#68 9 years ago

Agreed - mine probably took 2 hours and I didn't do enough taping

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-15-pf-wall-hanging-light-up?tu=gtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.