Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tnarv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

The random motor runs once the game starts until you shoot your first ball. It will also run when you have reset the timer by pressing the "C" button to start a search, and will stop when it finds a winner.

So depending on the behavior, that might be normal?

You say there are three random cams - there should only be one Random disc.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

and just to be pedantically annoying

Hey, someone's got to do it!

Also, for some reason, even though Dixieland was mentioned, and I looked up the random motor's circuit on the schematic, I had earlier games stuck in my head. The earliest six cards in the 1970s had a single random unit. Now that BT has spelled the whole thing out for me, the lightbulb has gone off.

Thanks for setting the record straight baldtwit

#6 5 years ago

The typical issue for this is that the timer unit is not stepping when the first ball is lifted, nor when any subsequent balls are lifted. This can be maddening as seemingly the rest of the game is functional, but you can play a neverending stream of balls.

In most cases, the issue is switch 2a on the ball lift motor cams. This little switch tends to get fouled easily. From the factory, there should be a shroud covering these lifter switches, but sometimes this is missing. It doesn't matter much as I've had to clean and adjust many with and without the shroud.

Regardless, this is always the first stop for me.

A second, but equally important stop, is cleaning the jones plugs. If those are fouled then there won't be enough current to step the timer even if everything else is working properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 89.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dixieland-random-unit-issu?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.