Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 days ago

Hello.... I recently purchased a Dixieland Bingo machine and I've been using the posts on here to slowly.... very slowly work out some issues I've had with it. These posts are a great asset so thank you.
My latest issue is when first powering up, all three of the Random cams just continue to spin. The issue I fixed just prior to this was the search unit was doing the same thing until I set the search disks to position 50. This seems to have resolved that issue but the Random unit cams continue to rotate and not stop.
If someone could point me in a general direction on how to troubleshoot this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you~

#2 7 days ago

The random motor runs once the game starts until you shoot your first ball. It will also run when you have reset the timer by pressing the "C" button to start a search, and will stop when it finds a winner.

So depending on the behavior, that might be normal?

You say there are three random cams - there should only be one Random disc.

#3 5 days ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

The random motor runs once the game starts until you shoot your first ball. It will also run when you have reset the timer by pressing the "C" button to start a search, and will stop when it finds a winner.
So depending on the behavior, that might be normal?
You say there are three random cams - there should only be one Random disc.

assuming you mean the random, magic random and x2x2 random unit wipers are spinning, then they will do that if the playfield shutter is open AND the timer unit is at reset.

however, when you reset the game, the timer unit should step up as soon as the first ball is raised and that will turn off the motors on those units. Are you getting the first ball lifted?

the magic random and x2x2 random units will also spin briefly after shooting the first ball (timer unit goes to step 2) OR when you step up the selection unit all the way by playing max coins/credits.

and just to be pedantically annoying, the random wipers will spin on a C button press as BCP said, but it's not the timer unit doing it...it's the closed search wiper relay switch. The random wipers stop spinning when all the search wipers are locked or a win is detected.

#4 5 days ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

and just to be pedantically annoying

Hey, someone's got to do it!

Also, for some reason, even though Dixieland was mentioned, and I looked up the random motor's circuit on the schematic, I had earlier games stuck in my head. The earliest six cards in the 1970s had a single random unit. Now that BT has spelled the whole thing out for me, the lightbulb has gone off.

Thanks for setting the record straight baldtwit

#5 5 days ago

Thank you for the response. I should have clarified it, when powering the game on and manually adding credits with the coin switch (that's next on my list to fix) the Magic Random Unit, x2 x2 Random Unit and the Random Unit, Key No. 1, 2 and 8 on page 5 of the manual continually spin. I appears like I have more issues, yes the first ball will pop up. Then when it's in the playing field and sinks, the light for the corresponding number will light on the cards and immediately go out. And the it continues to lift balls as if it's not recognizing the five balls were already played.

#6 5 days ago

The typical issue for this is that the timer unit is not stepping when the first ball is lifted, nor when any subsequent balls are lifted. This can be maddening as seemingly the rest of the game is functional, but you can play a neverending stream of balls.

In most cases, the issue is switch 2a on the ball lift motor cams. This little switch tends to get fouled easily. From the factory, there should be a shroud covering these lifter switches, but sometimes this is missing. It doesn't matter much as I've had to clean and adjust many with and without the shroud.

Regardless, this is always the first stop for me.

A second, but equally important stop, is cleaning the jones plugs. If those are fouled then there won't be enough current to step the timer even if everything else is working properly.

#7 4 days ago

when you shoot the first ball the playfield shutter is supposed to slide closed to prevent the balls from falling thru the playfield. The ball has to be sitting in the hole for the card number light to stay on.

shutter closing happens when the timer unit is on the second step (raising the second ball).

the exception on most games that have extra balls is when the game is reset with a ball in the shooter lane. Shooting that one will drop thru the playfield. i.e. the game has not stepped the timer unit because no ball was lifted.

when the plugs are out for cleaning/inspection, squeeze the sockets hard between your thumb and finger along the length of the socket. You want to bend in the outer tabs a little. Pushing the plugs back in should take a little oomph to seat them....that will mechanically scrub the socket connection since you can't easily get in there to clean.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Silverball Creations
$ 42.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 224.99
$ 78.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside