(Topic ID: 75637)

Dixieland Pinball - Now whistling Dixie!

By jodini

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jodini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

This was a project in a half! Springs missing from stepper units, over stretched springs on relays, jump on "add-a-ball" in wrong position (thus keeping the ball count to not work), wire burnt up on stepper units, wires cuts...and your typical bad gap adjustments! Other than that, a great buy!

But now that the machine is working right, I really dig this machine. Three gates that open up, lots of careover bonuses, and zipper flippers rock! The add a ball feature was an additional kit that could be added to this game. Would be cool to find one to put it in, but don't know where to start...anyone got a clue? I'm assuming it's another stepper unit and other adjustments need to be made.

Until then - here's the footage!
First video is boring....just documentation for someone wondering what the machine does.

2nd video - It in play....

#2 10 years ago

I had one for awhile. It was so uniquely different, I found it to be a lot of fun. My backglass was toasty so I moved it along.

#3 10 years ago

Nice work jodini.

#4 10 years ago

Nice Job! Looks like fun!

I'm sure you will get it 100% working in no time.

Ken

#5 10 years ago

Jodini,

Thanks a ton for sharing your videos with the community. I have my Dixieland still partially torn apart although I think I've worked out all the issues. I have a few questions if you could comment please.

1. Did you end up putting in a switch or are you going without?

2. I noticed a bit of ghosting on the LED's in the upper playfield. Which models did you put in and is that something only the camera picks up or do you see it in person.

3. Is that the original apron or did you repaint and put on a new decal?

Best of luck with your machine, its a beauty!

#6 10 years ago

Firepower,
I'm assuming the "switch" you are talking about is a master on/off switch to the power supply. All my other machines with slam switches I leave plugged in and the transformer stays cool. But for some reason this one has a very faint hum and there for I just unplug it when I'm done. I should think about adding a switch. I would feel safer.

On the LED's...they are your typical LEDs from pinlife (white cools) and the lamp post is a color changer. Like the effect. All the LEDs are only under the playing field. I feel the ones on top of the playing field don't look right...so I have regular bulbs.

And yes, that is the original apron. No decal.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Joe

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dixieland-pinball-now-whistling-dixie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.