(Topic ID: 271846)

Dixieland Bingo - "Tilt Fault" won't let me register games or play?

By Wasman50

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9588 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9363 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9309 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Looking for ideas on getting my Dixieland up and running. I bought my dream pinball that I used to play in the 70's. It was a 5 hr drive, played it, disassembled it for placing in my pickup (removed head after unplugging 4 connections, and removed the legs). Reassembled in my basement, played for about 5 minutes, used all my games, and then the "tilt light" started flashing. I couldn't get games on counter either by adding quarters or manually tripping the wire at coin mechanism. Everything on machine lights up at start, counter kicks in about 20 seconds after turning on, immediately followed by tilt light flashing. I have reconnected plugs, changed fuses even though they looked good, and played with tilt bobber and wire to make sure nothing was touching wrong spot. Manipulating bobber by hand while tilt flashed, did nothing. I placed 3 balls in a winning combination trying to get games, and that failed. Numbers where balls were placed, didn't even light up on their respective cards.I am a complete amateur on working on pinball electronics. I dont know one relay from another. This machine is a DL1356, from 1979 ( carved on the side). It was converted to a digital. There is no paperwork (schematics, etc). Seller said he never had this problem, and to check for loose connections somewhere? I tried lifting playfield (after removing 4 screws on border), but it wouldn't budge. Just wanted a better look for something obvious. Looking through the front door, there's not much wiring under the playfield. I live in Erie, Pa. 3 people in the area who said they may know someone to work on pinballs, resulted in 0 calls to me. Very frustrating that I can't even get anyone here to look at it. Maybe saying "digital" scares people more? It's been 3 weeks now with an "inoperative" Dixieland. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also open to possible repairmen who may service my machine. Erie is about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo. Thanks for letting me vent. I have plenty of other pics if someone needs.
    Jack (old guy just trying to relive his youth)

IMG_9309 (resized).jpgIMG_9309 (resized).jpgIMG_9363 (resized).JPGIMG_9363 (resized).JPGIMG_9556 (resized).JPGIMG_9556 (resized).JPGIMG_9588 (resized).JPGIMG_9588 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dixieland-bingo-tilt-fault-won-t-let-me-register-games-or-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.