(Topic ID: 12408)

Divorce is on, need to sell mata hari...

By super8man

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jimjim66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Sadly, life sucks at times. So, my loss is your gain. I would like to get $600 for my Mata Hari. It has new playfield plastics (and originals somewhere around here), and is quite nice. Again, I am not in the mood for dickering around. Just come with the $600 in US twenties (no hundreds) and take it away. I need it gone and it's part of the healing process...

PS - if you want pristine, keep looking. but this game is a players game. No issues at all. Lots of patina but all original.

I am in West Sacramento. Bring an appropriate sized vehicle to take it home. Cash changes hands before you unbolt the legs...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/super8man/sets/72157622974853980/

or read my write up on pinside when I thought I was in a happy marriage...

Thanks,
Mike

#2 12 years ago

Sorry to hear about your divorce... I hope it's not as painful as you expect!!

#3 12 years ago

It already is...but money is the least of the pain.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from super8man:

Sorry to hear the bad news Mike hope things get easier for you real soon!!

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from super8man:

Sorry to hear it man... the pain will fade, and as one door closes, several other's will open up...

#6 12 years ago

Sorry to hear about your situation. What's up with the "no hundreds," is there something I need to know that I'm missing?

#7 12 years ago

Ouch. Big time ouch. Been there once and the good Lord willing never again. Sorry man. Good luck on the sale and more luck on the healing process.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What's up with the "no hundreds," is there something I need to know that I'm missing?

counterfeiting, i'm guessing.

#9 12 years ago

I have never had a problem with 100 on the very few occasions I have ever had them...haha...but no, i simply mean, no checks, no money orders, no $100 holds, no means for me to check for a real $100 so, no hundreds, etc, etc...

Just go to the ATM machine or the bank, ask for $600 in twenties (so that it is easier for me to spend) and then give that to me and take the machine...

#10 12 years ago

No trades?
C'mon, help a bro out..

#11 12 years ago

I am sure it hurts right now, hang in there. Are you at least going to keep the seawitch?

#12 12 years ago

Seawitch is hanging in there, yes. Sorry, no trades...I am trying to make space, not fill the space...

#13 12 years ago

Dude, sorry to hear the news. Been through that particular hell before myself. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you WILL get through this.

Later,
EV

P.S. PM me if you just need to vent and someone to listen...

#14 12 years ago

Mike-

I've been there. Have you thought about storage? I wish I would have kept my pins after all was said and done with my first wife.

Lots of fish in the sea....not a lot of fish tales for sale.

#15 12 years ago

I understand...and yeah, surprisingly, I am not sad I sold Gorgar. It was a great pin but I had essentially mastered it on three ball. Mata Hari is a great game but there are others out there that I am interested in... So, in my current mood, I am wanting to sell. In a sad way it reminds me of good married times. So, out it goes....

1 week later
#16 12 years ago

Bump...

#17 12 years ago

I just went through the big D and I must say, you've got it all wrong. Now is the time to be BUYING pins! There's no one around to tell you not to!

All kidding aside, best of luck to you. Life is gonna suck for a while but if your x is anything like mine you'll come out much better in the end!

#18 12 years ago

Thanks...Actually, partly true...the time to buy was "if" I knew the marriage was over before we became separated, then I could have gamed the system. Alas, nice guys finish last... It's OK if it doesn't sell but I don't mind if it does either.

#19 12 years ago

Congrats on your new found life. Gonefishin is correct. Keep the pin and buy another to keep it and you company on those long lonely nights.

#20 12 years ago

I got a couple of friends going through this now. I wish you all the best.

Quoted from super8man:

Alas, nice guys finish last

No, to thyself be true. You will find somebody that appreciates a nice guy. Best advice is to find comfort in family and friends until things get better.

Good luck on your sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/divorce-is-on-need-to-sell-mata-hari and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.