Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by clg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

OK a little diagnosis help please. The low power circuit on my diverter will not fire during tests. Power is fine. I tested the diverter by grounding both the high and low circuits, the high will fire when I ground the lug the low did not. So, I assumed it was the coil. This is what I have done successfully in the past with flippers. I have a new coil installed and I have the exact same problem. High works in tests, low does not and same when I try and ground the lug. Is this coil dead as well or am I just not getting something?

Thanks!
Chris

#2 10 years ago

No suggestions?

#3 10 years ago

The low side in the diverter only holds the diverter closed once the high side initially closes it. In coil test it does nothing unless you release the diverter first then fire the low power to hold it closed.

#4 10 years ago

I think your description is a bit cryptic?

I have a Getaway myself and I don't understand what you are asking?

Sorry.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The low side in the diverter only holds the diverter closed once the high side initially closes it. In coil test it does nothing unless you release the diverter first then fire the low power to hold it closed.

OK now I feel dumb, I thought it was like a flipper and the low test would close it just weakly. I am getting diverter error and when the low did not work I assumed that is what it was. Just checked and see that can mean the optos are not working. Just checked all of the optos, cleaned them and they all work. Diverter error is still appearing. Any ideas?

#6 10 years ago

Just play the game and hit the supercharger for 10 million. If the ball travels around the SC for all 10 million points, you know the diverter low is working because it will hold the diverter shut for all the loops. If if only stays closed for 3 or 4 loops the diverter low us not working. Once you do that the error should go away.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just play the game and hit the supercharger for 10 million. If the ball travels around the SC for all 10 million points, you know the diverter low is working because it will hold the diverter shut for all the loops. If if only stays closed for 3 or 4 loops the diverter low us not working. Once you do that the error should go away.

Cheers mate I will give it a go!

#8 10 years ago

Yep works fine and the error went away. It would not reset until I played it I thought the switches and tests would be enough.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diverter-solenoid-getaway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.