Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    diversity03 (resized).jpg
    diversity03 (resized).jpg
    diversity01 (resized).png
    B6D6D9D7-61FC-4216-B15C-E7D8B45AEB77 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yonizzell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 4 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I had a random thought the other day about all the people I’ve met over the years since I became interested in pinball. Then it occurred to me that I think I’ve only ever bought, sold, or played pinball with white dudes (I myself am white, although my mom is Puerto Rican).

I’m just curious if anyone else has ever realized this or that maybe there is a much more diverse group of pinball collectors than it seems.

I hope no one gets offended in any way by this topic. There’s nothing wrong with white dudes , just wondering who else is in to pinball.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?
    So if you went to your regular league night which is usually 95 percent white guys, you wouldn't notice if suddenly it was two white guys and 95 percent African-American dudes?
    I think you'd see it.

Ha!

#21 4 years ago

Damn.. why do bitter people always have to make everything political? I asked about how much diversity is in the pinball community due to the fact that I didn’t see much in my interactions. I was just curious.. I didn’t mean to get anyone upset.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

And there are other hobbies/sports that have a predominate group of X. Is what it is. Not every single activity in life has to look like the colors of Benetton or a bowl of skittles. So interesting how we are taught to think something is wrong if an activity, job field, etc. is generally dominated by one group. Despite what we are taught, our bodies and minds are not all the same. Fast twitch muscles vs slow twitch, spatial vs verbal reasoning. etc. Not saying for better or worse, but certain things interest certain types of people and that's okay.

I hope you aren’t insinuating that I am assuming something is wrong with pinball just because it’s mostly white dudes involved in it. My question was out of curiosity, maybe hoping a Hispanic, Asian, etc. brother would say “hey, I’m into pinball.” Nothing nefarious in my post. I’m sorry others have to make into something it was never intended to be.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

This thread will probably turn into a dumpster fire, but I’ll bite. I’ve often wondered myself why there aren’t more people of color in pinball. I’d love to see more diversity. We just need to keep making people feel welcome, and Pinball will start to look more like America. I do know that we have far more women and young players than we used to. Progress?

There’s no reason in should become a dumpster fire. It’s pretty sad that you can’t ask a genuine question without facing a backlash from the Fux News crowd.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

How on earth is diversity political?

My question exactly.. Ask the Fux News crowd.. lol

#46 4 years ago

Lay off the Fux News.. Dumb Fux.. there's enough hate to go around already. If my question bothered you, it says a whole lot more about you than it does about me. I'm out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yonizzell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diversity-in-pinball-enthusiast-community?tu=yonizzell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.