(Topic ID: 334263)

Distributors that offer layaway plans

By acupunk12

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wendys (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Hi, just checking on distributors that offer layaway plans on new and pre owned games. Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Nope

#3 1 year ago

If you order a Scooby Doo from PinballStar, you may have a psuedo-layaway option (see last sentence).

"Payment : 45-60 days prior to shipping we will send you a final bill with shipping included and ask for payment though whatever method you prefer - check or wire only. We do not accept Paypal or Credit Cards for final payments for a number of reasons. At that time we will ask you if you want the 'butter cabinet' option. That is a glossy clear-coated type of finish on your cabinet for an additional $ 1,400. We do not need to know that until we ask for it, so please wait for us to ask. If you would like to pre-pay ahead in full or in payments you can do that if that is helpful to you."

#4 1 year ago

It may depend on the game, but you can always call some distros and ask. The worst thing they can say is no. If it’s a slower moving title, maybe they would be willing to work with you.

#5 1 year ago

If you have to finance a luxury item you can’t afford a luxury item.

#6 1 year ago

Check with Automated Services. They used to do them.

#7 1 year ago

I’m just asking not looking for opinions please

#8 1 year ago

If you are asking for a layaway plan you probably can't afford new in box.
    Get a used one on the secondary market.
    Just a thought.

#9 1 year ago

I’m not asking anyone’s thoughts, opinions or comments please I’m just asking a question. If you don’t have a answer please don’t contribute

#10 1 year ago

Pretty sure deep root offers one

#11 1 year ago

I have some thoughts, opinions, and comments I'd like to offer:

This ain't Rent-A-Center!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from acupunk12:

I’m not asking anyone’s thoughts, opinions or comments please

Wendys (resized).pngWendys (resized).png
    #13 1 year ago
    Quoted from acupunk12:

I’m not asking anyone’s thoughts, opinions or comments...

Then dont post on a forum

#14 1 year ago

KMART

#15 1 year ago

With todays clown puking it only makes sense to roll in the Blue Light Specials.

#16 1 year ago

I don’t know of any who offer a layaway sale. I would think it’s too hot of a market to go that route these days. Best thing I can think to do is obtain a new credit card that offers 0% for x amount of months. I did that with my first pin purchase and it worked out great. Just gotta make sure you pay it off within the allotted time frame or you get reamed! Best of luck!

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Check with Automated Services. They used to do them.

FWIW, I vividly remember Automated having this on their site in the past. Back when I got into the buying part of the hobby 8-10 years ago, and Pinside rightfully talked me out of buying a Vacation America, I considered a layaway from Automated. It was fairly structured. Something like 20% of game price down, 8 monthly payments of 10%/ea.

However, the kicker was that if you missed I think just one payment, you forfeit all that you had down. Instant no-go for me. Way too much risk there. Easier to stash 10%/mo under your mattress until you have enough to pull the trigger... which is more or less what I did for my first big purchase in the hobby.

Since then, I don't see it on Automated's page anymore. I recall they used to have an Automated page and a Pinballs.com page, and now it just seems there's pinballs.com, so perhaps there was some changes made recently.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I don’t know of any who offer a layaway sale. I would think it’s too hot of a market to go that route these days. Best thing I can think to do is obtain a new credit card that offers 0% for x amount of months. I did that with my first pin purchase and it worked out great. Just gotta make sure you pay it off within the allotted time frame or you get reamed! Best of luck!

This is the right answer. You probably pay 2% usage fee at the distributor but it’s an easy way to space out payments if you want. If you can’t qualify for one of these credit cards then you really probably shouldn’t be looking at most machines.

#19 1 year ago

"I don't have money for a pinball machine right now, so instead of saving money in my bank account and having it available in case i need it, or taking advantage of current interest rates by investing it in short term assets, I'm going to give it to a business and let them have that flexibility/income because I can't be trusted to hold my money and not spend it!"

#20 1 year ago

Everyone has layaway.
    You just lay your money away. Then when you have enough, you buy what you want.

#21 1 year ago

Layaway. Reminds me of S&H green stamps.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.