(Topic ID: 304620)

Distributors selling All Pins over MSRP!

By playtwowin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tallkid84
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Distributors be allowed to sell over MSRP on all titles? ”

• Yes 115 votes
      37%
    • No 160 votes
      51%
    • Not buying NIB titles. 36 votes
      12%

(311 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220221-212809-916 (resized).png
    51i1QgfxSLL._AC_SY1000_ (resized).jpg
    giphy-4.gif
    av gif.gif
    japanese-car-mods (resized).jpg
    cat-bite.gif
    shame-gameofthrones.gif
    clowns-pies.gif
    Screenshot_20211206-213518 (resized).png
    Biglebowskiposter (resized).jpg
    F507AD51-637A-4457-8A08-47719B42B9BB (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot from 2021-12-02 08-55-58 (resized).png
    E27ACD96-C9AA-4E98-8E6E-8CEBE81F8390 (resized).png
    590DF8DB-0DEB-4234-B116-5CEEFF855190.gif
    N21nLI.gif
    712759E6-0E64-4D60-A00C-F266394DEFAF (resized).jpeg

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 2 years ago

I blame everything with an account that is one year old or less

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

hy should a distro, who assumes all the risk, has to pay for staff, rent, deal with customers etc. make $1800 on a machine but then the end buyer can do nothing and flip their position (not even take delivery of the game) for a $5k profit? Who exactly wants that? Just the guy making $5k on the back end.

As someone with a VASTLY different economic situation as your own, on the other end of the scale... I could give a very direct specific example of this but I'm not all about divulging your personal info... let me offer a different perspective:

I want that, because it means that IF I get a game, I'm getting it for less, as opposed to being *assured* that I'm paying more money up front. I'd rather deal with the launch day gambling and scramble for a game than to just shell out a few thousand extra. I won't buy from scalpers or flippers in the event I don't get a game.

The "problem" is the people that ARE buying from scalpers and flippers, and the sellers they're buying from, as it always has been. The people with zero patience and so much money that they don't give a damn about an extra "few" thousand. The distros are making money. Let's not go pretending that these guys are hanging on by a thread. Craig isn't struggling to pay his bills the last time I checked. Neither is JJ (GEX) or Nitro. They're in business for a reason...to make money. They're not offering things like free shipping and selling a game at a loss just to get a sale unless they absolutely HAVE TO. They work under the rules and contract they agreed to with Stern.

Would I rather see distros making more money than scalpers or flippers? Yes, full stop.

Is my purchase decision based on if I think the distro is making enough money or not? No, never.

Would I be understanding if distros try to capitalize on the flipper/scalper market that currently exists and raise prices while removing free shipping? Sure, but I'm not even going to consider buying at that point.

These guys (distros) are going to do what they're going to do, and not a single fart is going to be given about what our opinions are. The money is there for the free taking, because there's a crapton of people in this hobby that have lost perception of the relative value of money and products. But man I'm sure happy that some people got their CCRs for "currently reasonable" prices, instead of being pre-scalped by a manufacturer or distro.

#53 2 years ago

I don't really care, I am out on NIB at these current prices anyway. I will just hit the local arcade for my fix.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I don't really care, I am out on NIB at these current prices anyway. I will just hit the local arcade for my fix.

I mean, I'm skating a razor's edge trying to buy Ultraman, and I'd like a Godzilla Premium at some point, so I hear you there... doubt Godzilla will ever happen. Between the price increase again, combined with Stern's inability to actually meet demand and them dumping games well before they could ever "sell out"....I expect that in a year GZ Premiums will probably be minimum 17k. I'm not doing that shit.

#55 2 years ago

Yeah, I don't disagree with anything there. I definitely leverage my buying power and relationships to continue to get "in demand" LEs at release. I also get them to play them and enjoy them because I like to play pinball. I hate scalping and I am a guy who wants my game to play it.

That said, I think there's a balance there. If Distros want to take care of their long time clients and give them an LE at a good price, that's great. If they have 3 left and and 30 strangers want them, I'm on board with them selling over MSRP. Granted, it doesnt really matter what I think, but it's what I would do if I were in that situation.

I do think the difference is you've always been able to get pros and premiums for MSRP and I'm conflicted on how I feel about those games being sold higher by distros. I think so long as folks can get them at MRSP and the worst thing that happens if they have to wait 3-6-9 months then that's reasonable.
    If distros are pushing their MSRP buyers to next year and selling NIB stock first runs over MSRP because there are people who will pay $10,500 for a premium Godzilla right now, I don't like that either, but I get it.
    Thankfully, I dont think that's happening.

The vast majority of the > MSRP sales have been on LE, CEs, SLE, etc. which "shouldn't" impact the pro and premium buyers.
    I also think as long as Stern has the North American distro network as large as it is, there will always be folks selling the pros and premiums at MSRP. You might just be on a 2nd or 3rd run.

If Stern can get their games out the door quicker, none of this is an issue any more. They're leaving a fortune on the table because they cant get their backlog down to a reasonable queue.

Quoted from Frax:

As someone with a VASTLY different economic situation as your own, on the other end of the scale... I could give a very direct specific example of this but I'm not all about divulging your personal info... let me offer a different perspective:
    I want that, because it means that IF I get a game, I'm getting it for less, as opposed to being *assured* that I'm paying more money up front. I'd rather deal with the launch day gambling and scramble for a game than to just shell out a few thousand extra. I won't buy from scalpers or flippers in the event I don't get a game.
    The "problem" is the people that ARE buying from scalpers and flippers, and the sellers they're buying from, as it always has been. The people with zero patience and so much money that they don't give a damn about an extra "few" thousand. The distros are making money. Let's not go pretending that these guys are hanging on by a thread. Craig isn't struggling to pay his bills the last time I checked. Neither is JJ (GEX) or Nitro. They're in business for a reason...to make money. They're not offering things like free shipping and selling a game at a loss just to get a sale unless they absolutely HAVE TO. They work under the rules and contract they agreed to with Stern.
    Would I rather see distros making more money than scalpers or flippers? Yes, full stop.
    Is my purchase decision based on if I think the distro is making enough money or not? No, never.
    Would I be understanding if distros try to capitalize on the flipper/scalper market that currently exists and raise prices while removing free shipping? Sure, but I'm not even going to consider buying at that point.
    These guys (distros) are going to do what they're going to do, and not a single fart is going to be given about what our opinions are. The money is there for the free taking, because there's a crapton of people in this hobby that have lost perception of the relative value of money and products. But man I'm sure happy that some people got their CCRs for "currently reasonable" prices, instead of being pre-scalped by a manufacturer or distro.

#56 2 years ago

My Ultraman should be here in a few weeks. If I'm not feeling it I'm happy to put you first in line on it if ya want.

Quoted from Frax:

I mean, I'm skating a razor's edge trying to buy Ultraman, and I'd like a Godzilla Premium at some point, so I hear you there... doubt Godzilla will ever happen. Between the price increase again, combined with Stern's inability to actually meet demand and them dumping games well before they could ever "sell out"....I expect that in a year GZ Premiums will probably be minimum 17k. I'm not doing that shit.

#57 2 years ago

Happy NIB pins arnt as important as toilet paper. THAT got irritating fast.

22AA6194-E778-44D6-AB4E-D9D50CD5983D (resized).jpeg22AA6194-E778-44D6-AB4E-D9D50CD5983D (resized).jpeg

#58 2 years ago

Distros have WAY less inventory now.

I don’t see any reason to throw in things like free shipping and sub-MSRP pricing if they don’t have any available stock. That makes zero financial sense if they are getting in shipments of 5 when they used to get 30 or whatever.

There is not much incentive to be competitive with pricing when you are moving a substantially less volume vs. previous years and are constantly out of stock.

It sucks for the buyers, but I’m sure it sucks even more as a distro. Until the supply chain recovers this is just the way things are going to be moving forward.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

My Ultraman should be here in a few weeks. If I'm not feeling it I'm happy to put you first in line on it if ya want.

Patiently waiting for your Stranger Things LE to be available .

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from friscopinball:

Patiently waiting for your Stranger Things LE to be available haha .

#61 2 years ago

That's what happens when people buy wait list spot for 2,000$. We are just all shooting ourselves in the foot.

#62 2 years ago

Shoot, you're gonna be waiting a while. My son loves that game so much I cant see ever getting rid of it. That's the new problem though is most of my stuff feels like "cant ever get rid of it". I may have to move my Indiana Jones or POTC one day. I hate to say it, but I just like playing the Sterns a lot more.

Quoted from friscopinball:

Patiently waiting for your Stranger Things LE to be available .

#63 2 years ago
    sorry-im-late-i-had-to-get-enough-popcorn-for-everybody (resized).jpgsorry-im-late-i-had-to-get-enough-popcorn-for-everybody (resized).jpg
    #64 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Shoot, you're gonna be waiting a while. My son loves that game so much I cant see ever getting rid of it. That's the new problem though is most of my stuff feels like "cant ever get rid of it". I may have to move my Indiana Jones or POTC one day. I hate to say it, but I just like playing the Sterns a lot more.

He’s got good taste! I just picked up pin #3 and was scoping out what I might want to grab next. I think your preference for Sterns is where my future leans are too. I’m just having more fun with them at this time.

Well, if you ever decide to “un-bolt” it, let me know but I don’t blame you for keeping it forever.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Distros have WAY less inventory now.
    I don’t see any reason to throw in things like free shipping and sub-MSRP pricing if they don’t have any available stock. That makes zero financial sense if they are getting in shipments of 5 when they used to get 30 or whatever.
    There is not much incentive to be competitive with pricing when you are moving a substantially less volume vs. previous years and are constantly out of stock.
    It sucks for the buyers, but I’m sure it sucks even more as a distro. Until the supply chain recovers this is just the way things are going to be moving forward.

I wonder if Stern will ever have the incentive to change back. I don't think the labor market is ever going back and it seems like Stern does better selling fewer machines for a lot more money. Less headaches, more profit. Distributors benefit from having to sell less machines too -- pinball is not a super easy transactions and lots can go wrong. Resale value stays high, so those with tons of money can still justify the price as they sell among-st themselves. We can't really whine as a community -- as the community led the way with the used pricing of pins like JPOTC. Well, there will be whining but it will be hypocritical.

My prediction is that less people will be owning pinball machines in the next five years but there will be more profit than ever (my standard 38% guarantee behind this prediction). Stern and others will keep working the FOMO angle like hyper expensive "Anniversary editions." People like me might still buy another pin someday, but will shrink their "collection" to do so (my mighty two pin collection). Maybe some day I'll sell both of my pins to get one new Stern, but then I'm down to one forever and the temptation to just cash out will be high.

Anyway, for distributors it's their livelihood. For me it's just kind of a ridiculous hobby. I don't expect them to do anything less then to maximize the money they earn.

My solution to this has been to enjoy the two pins I have and resist the craving of new relationship energy that makes us sure that the next pin out there is something we need. Ultimately, the mechanics of pinball is pretty darned similar from one game to the next. It's a ball, with flippers, ramps, etc. . Having a little television screen showing one of your favorite shows while your trying to keep the ball alive doesn't really change the experience that much.

Yes, I still kind of want a Godzilla. Preferably a premium.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

So, like, an increase in MSRP? I feel like a manufacturer recently did so……

Based on what the market is bearing, it wasn't enough.

#67 2 years ago

No worries, I brought the truck

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #68 2 years ago
    F4436174-3334-4141-BE8B-6ECB07C95C90.gifF4436174-3334-4141-BE8B-6ECB07C95C90.gif
    #69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

The "problem" is the people that ARE buying from scalpers and flippers, and the sellers they're buying from, as it always has been. The people with zero patience and so much money that they don't give a damn about an extra "few" thousand. The distros are making money. Let's not go pretending that these guys are hanging on by a thread. Craig isn't struggling to pay his bills the last time checked

So I am one of these “problem” people guilty as charged. I would love to not be a “problem “ pinhead.

I have saved like crazy my whole life, have like 15 years left to live. I want to experience pinball to the fullest.

My question is how can I get top rated machines with over paying for them. My family just played Metalica at Elevation Bowl last night.

How do I go about purchasing a Matalica LE and not paying over MSRP?

Should I limit myself to games not costing so much and die with money in the bank?

#70 2 years ago

Not likely to be a popular opinion But since I no longer distribute, ill say what many dists feel.

Having been a distributor, you are regulated on how low a price a pin could be sold for. You have to eat profits on slow movers or games which don’t sell and since you can’t sell below the agreed price, you may have to hold inventory on unpopular games for a long time to recover the investment.

Margins on pins are low and customer expectations are high. God forbid there is damage in shipping. While those are covered under insurance, I never had a scenario where that happened and didn’t cost a bunch to remedy one way or the other, often eating a big chunk of profits from a batch of sales. Not to mention the HUGE amount of time those damaged games eat up trying to get to a resolution with the carrier.

Having sold many pins to customers who never took possession and then flipped for far more profit than I as a distributor, it was extremely aggravating especially the last few years I was distributing. It became common to see this happen when the pin market jumped, with almost 25-30% of sales being flipped by the original buyer prior to receiving. It required time and effort to make changes to orders so a person with a small deposit on a pin could flip to someone else for more profit. Rarely did the buyer agree to a “service fee” for this effort without a mountain of bitching. The distributor is stuck with the service, support and warranty claims and yes warranty claims costs distros money. It was extremely frustrating. I don’t begrudge any dists who are now taking that profit for themselves. They have staff, overhead, the usual business expenses and deserve the profit more than someone who put a deposit down and flipped without ever receiving IMO.

Ok. Enough said. Flame away…

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I want to experience pinball to the fullest.
    My question is how can I get top rated machines...How do I go about purchasing a Matalica LE and not paying over MSRP?

An LE isn't "the fullest" of the machines. Its an exaggerated mark up.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Should I limit myself to games not costing so much and die with money in the bank?

You could leave so monies for that family of yours when you're dead

But I hear ya. It sucks both ways.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

If I had any way to come up with the money on that short a notice, I'd be all over it. Selling my BSE slot with things the way they are right now (with people selling LE slots at a 700$ discount..) isn't a good move though lol.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

Not likely to be a popular opinion But since I no longer distribute, ill say what many dists feel.
    Having been a distributor, you are regulated on how low a price a pin could be sold for. You have to eat profits on slow movers or games which don’t sell and since you can’t sell below the agreed price, you may have to hold inventory on unpopular games for a long time to recover the investment.
    Margins on pins are low and customer expectations are high. God forbid there is damage in shipping. While those are covered under insurance, I never had a scenario where that happened and didn’t cost a bunch to remedy one way or the other, often eating a big chunk of profits from a batch of sales. Not to mention the HUGE amount of time those damaged games eat up trying to get to a resolution with the carrier.
    Having sold many pins to customers who never took possession and then flipped for far more profit than I as a distributor, it was extremely aggravating especially the last few years I was distributing. It became common to see this happen when the pin market jumped, with almost 25-30% of sales being flipped by the original buyer prior to receiving. It required time and effort to make changes to orders so a person with a small deposit on a pin could flip to someone else for more profit. Rarely did the buyer agree to a “service fee” for this effort without a mountain of bitching. The distributor is stuck with the service, support and warranty claims and yes warranty claims costs distros money. It was extremely frustrating. I don’t begrudge any dists who are now taking that profit for themselves. They have staff, overhead, the usual business expenses and deserve the profit more than someone who put a deposit down and flipped without ever receiving IMO.
    Ok. Enough said. Flame away…

It’s rare that anybody with any actual experience distributing pins comes in here and lays out some actual truth of how it works. It’s not going to change any minds as most pin buyers are ridiculously entitled but thanks for saying what active distributors can’t.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How do I go about purchasing a Matalica LE and not paying over MSRP?

Well, the first reasonable step might be to spellcheck, because you're going to have a hard time searching Craigslist if you call it "Matalica".

Seriously though...it's all a patience game. You certainly can, and probably will, pay through the nose if you want it RIGHT THIS SECOND...and frankly you deserve to if you have that mindset. It's called "opportunity cost." Deals relative to current market are out there, but you have to put in some time and effort. Which is worth more to you? I can't answer that question, and neither can anyone else here.

Otherwise? Just buy a damn Premium. OH MY GOD NO LE FOMO PLATE OR MASTER OF PUPPETS ART!! Who cares! It's the SAME game for thousands less!

#75 2 years ago

Were you topping up a distributor who was charging under MSRP to unload a WWE? Well, now the tables are turned.

No one needs a NIB pinball machine, it's a luxury item. Either wait it out, pay up, or buy something else.

#76 2 years ago

I'd rather the distros do it than individuals (some of them being HERE). At least with the distributors, they aren't scalpers (before you argue that, consider buying 15-20 games with YOUR own money and tell me you wouldn't want to make SOME money for such a massive shell-out).

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

An LE isn't "the fullest" of the machines. Its an exaggerated mark up.

You could leave so monies for that family of yours when you're dead
    But I hear ya. It sucks both ways.

I’ll settle for premium at or below MSRP. Metallica.

Both our kids hammer on us relentlessly to spend our money.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Tried to buy a car lately?

If you order and wait 4 months the yare still giving you discounts, at least in Michigan.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Well, the first reasonable step might be to spellcheck, because you're going to have a hard time searching Craigslist if you call it "Matalica".
    Seriously though...it's all a patience game. You certainly can, and probably will, pay through the nose if you want it RIGHT THIS SECOND...and frankly you deserve to if you have that mindset. It's called "opportunity cost." Deals relative to current market are out there, but you have to put in some time and effort. Which is worth more to you? I can't answer that question, and neither can anyone else here.
    Otherwise? Just buy a damn Premium. OH MY GOD NO LE FOMO PLATE OR MASTER OF PUPPETS ART!! Who cares! It's the SAME game for thousands less!

Having dyslexia and being older and successful I sit back and am able to laugh at those who ridicule me on grammer e on purpose.

Please help me get a metallica premium at MSRP.

#80 2 years ago

Ford tells Dealers to sell Broncos at MSRP. Majority of Dealers comply.

Customers who never intended to drive vehicle put them on E-Bay for 20-30K over MSRP.

It is what it is.

Forcing distributors to sell at MSRP when they have less to sell???

I'm sure I'll get a lot of downvotes but it's just the reality of supply and demand.

What everyone really forgets is it's a trade difference. And Your old pin has NEVER been worth more!

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Having dyslexia and being older and successful I sit back and able to laugh at those who ridicule me on grammer e on purpose.
    Please help me get a metallica premium at MSRP.

Not sure if you are aware of this but Metallica premlum hasn’t been in production for years. There’s no such thing as “MSRP” on games that are only available used or because a hoarder has one in a box stashed somewhere. Be prepared to pay well above “MSRP” circa 2017 on Metallica, Even if it’s used.

It’s like asking repeatedly for a 1969 Les Paul guitar or 1982 DeLorean at “MSRP.” Doesn’t make a lot Of sense.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if you are aware of this but Metallica premlum hasn’t been in production for years. There’s no such thing as “MSRP” on games that are only available used or because a hoarder has one in a box stashed somewhere. Be prepared to pay well above “MSRP” circa 2017 on Metallica.
    It’s like asking for a 1969 Les Paul guitar at “MSRP.” Doesn’t make a lot
    Of sense.

What? I thought we reached the pinnacle of pinball pricing and the bubble was about to burst with all the threads I read.

#83 2 years ago

Prices are going higher with no end in sight. Stay tuned.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

No worries, I brought the truck[quoted image]

Imaged fixed

Gary popcorn (resized).jpgGary popcorn (resized).jpg
    #85 2 years ago

Not sure what this "bubble" thing is people are talking about. Everyone here in pinside is doing just fine.

215037.jpeg.jpg215037.jpeg.jpg
    #86 2 years ago

If this is all true and I’m a distributor that was just squeezed by stern resulting in less games to sell, I’m no longer selling at msrp either. Doesn’t make any financial sense.

EDIT - but then I think about retailers like bestbuy, Walmart, etc not selling switch, ps5 at higher prices. Def a complicated situation - I see both sides.

Here’s the real question - why do companies like Stern or jjp even need distributors anymore? You hate to think about it like that but with how cut throat everything has gotten, you have to start thinking that way. They obviously have the demand and a simple hiring decision to bring in house customer support or hire a third party to handle it solves the other responsibility of customer issues.

I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that were to occur if this continues. You already see stern testing the waters and selling directly to customers.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

If this is all true and I’m a distributor that was just squeezed by stern resulting in less games to sell, I’m no longer selling at msrp either. Doesn’t make any financial sense.
    Here’s the real question - why do companies like Stern or jjp even need distributors anymore? You hate to think about it like that but with how cut throat everything has gotten, you have to start thinking that way. They obviously have the demand and a simple hiring decision to bring in house customer support or hire a third party to handle it solves the other responsibility of customer issues.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that were to occur if this continues. You already see stern testing the waters and selling directly to customers.

Stern is in the process of adding about 25 new dealers/distros currently.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Here’s the real question - why do companies like Stern or jjp even need distributors anymore?

Mostly I'm guessing because this is still new with the hyper-pricing situation.
    Also maybe because we all see & here the new folks spending so much on games, distros are a go between for fixing and dumb shit like setting up a machine.

#89 2 years ago

Imagine Stern doesn’t give two shits if distributors charge over MSRP.
    They encouraged a 25k base on Elvira 40 and whatever markup from there..
    Grab the popcorn, this outta be quite the dumpster fire next year.

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Stern is in the process of adding about 25 new dealers/distros currently.

Wonder if stern is considering offshore the building of machines to pump more out and to accommodate the increase in distributors

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if you are aware of this but Metallica premlum hasn’t been in production for years. There’s no such thing as “MSRP” on games that are only available used or because a hoarder has one in a box stashed somewhere. Be prepared to pay well above “MSRP” circa 2017 on Metallica.
    It’s like asking for a 1969 Les Paul guitar at “MSRP.” Doesn’t make a lot
    Of sense.

Oh I get it, just wondering how so many others don’t or can’t see it.

#92 2 years ago
    Supply and command  (resized).jpegSupply and command (resized).jpeg
    #93 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

Wonder if stern is considering offshore the building of machines to pump more out and to accommodate the increase in distributors

Given the crazy price of shipping right now not sure that would be a net win -- https://www.autoserviceworld.com/how-high-could-container-costs-go/

#94 2 years ago

The latest entry, just sad.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #95 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

The latest entry, just sad.
    [quoted image]

"Trade ends" is also sad. First time I've seen that one.

#96 2 years ago

Over time you get to know the distributors who are real business people and look at the number of turns or tables they can sell. Usually it is the larger older distributors that are no bullshit and sell at MSRP or less. I have made notes on distributors that try and jack up prices to reflect secondary market pricing. Are you a distributor or small time desperate flipper or scalper? Well I only get so many allocated machines and I have all these people calling me-sorry but I call bs. The real problem is Stern setting up a kazillion distributors in the last few years. Years ago it was very difficult to get Stern to set you up as a distributor because they were protecting the larger loyal distribution chain. Now they have set up tons of distros and have limited manufacturing capabilities. While the explosion of popularity and supply and demand are factors so are having too many distributors fighting over allocation(or scraps). What are the solutions? Mmmmm increase production capabilities to support number of distributors? Eliminate distribution chain and sell direct(Hey just call 1-800-kickers if you have an issue)? Make the number of limited editions and premiums unlimited for a certain duration of time? Or keep watching pinflation get out of hand.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

No sour grapes here. I'm a big boy. If I don't like the price I can simply not buy. I also have a very good memory. Any distributor that is trying to hit me with a over msrp pricing I just simply won't buy from them now or in the future. Firm believer of voting with your wallet. Just wanted to bring some attention to distributors now selling over msrp on Pro's and Premium's....

There's still a couple of good ones floating around. Look for the mom and pop distros and avoid the big names and you'll find what you seek. I just got a godzilla premium under msrp and didn't even have to put down a deposit.
    Pm me what your looking for I'll see if my guy can help you out.

#98 2 years ago

woo hoo! That's just barely not me anymore.

Quoted from soapblox:

I blame everything with an account that is one year old or less

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

[quoted image]

Real Genius?

#100 2 years ago

Why the HELL would anyone wanna be a pinball distributor and deal with the numerous assholes who flex with a NIB pinball machine?

Shipping box has a crease in it? Holy shit! Alert pinside with a thread asking what to do....after already accepting delivery.

250 more LEs being made after you bought yours? Alert Pinside to bitch and complain. But keep on buying of course.

Complain, complain, complain....but BUY BUY BUY!

Distros should bleed every last cent from them.

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-selling-all-pins-over-msrp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.