0001380042595_3_A1C1_0600 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210514-112620_Facebook (resized).jpg
EDB6D7CA-2396-48A6-89F8-891B2430F422 (resized).jpeg
Stern (resized).png
artworks-000043177088-tg1mig-t500x500 (resized).jpg
cca86329f0f0acbd692d54bbff3cfbf8 (resized).jpg
i'M_OUT.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Wonder how many ‘resellers’ got burned badly in the PS5 fiasco.
Can’t wait to see the day one Mando LE 20k sales going up. Let’s see what the secondary market will bear.

Kind of makes you hope the game is horrible, but there'll be suckers either way.

Quoted from konghusker:

Seems to me that stern should have a problem with this, but they won’t because it benefits them. After all they crack down on distributors offering lower(street) prices. Why can they sell higher, but not lower? Oh I know. Because if I the distributors can charge more, then that means stern can charge more. On the flip side, if low price competition between distributors occurs, then stern can’t justify higher prices as easily. If you ask me, stern should crack down on both higher charges, and lower charges and only allow msrp to be offered by a distributor on nib.

You know what you'd see then? Distros selling to 'customers *cough friends*' who in turn resell them for higher. I agree with the cutting out the distros. I know it's not a popular opinion, but it's a severely outdated practice. I have nothing against them, never had an issue with any, but it just isn't that necessary because for the most part, the serious issues are a fight with the manufacturers anyway.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Idiot" is the word of the day for Woody!
I think he needs a nap. No hobby should cause anybody this much stress.
Trust me I know how it feels to see a hobby I enjoy flooded with "idiots," being around for 20+ years will do that for ya. Best to just relax and control what you can control.
A gentle reminder: If it weren't for all you "idiots" who invaded this hobby over the past decade, folks like me would still be scooping up $900 Doctor Whos all day. Thanks a lot gang!

but at the same time, you wouldn't be seeing nearly the flood of new games either. As much as I love the older games, there's some great new games being released...i mean, when you can get one.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Man I miss those days. I was big into pinball but didn't have the cash to buy back then I'd have so many cool games right now

Well that's part of it too, sure that's cheap by todays standards..but it wasn't exactly cheap for old routed games back then. I think that is where it hurts the most. Many of us haven't been buying NIB pins since the 80's/90's. They were all heavily used and abused and maybe you could get parts, maybe you couldn't. I didn't pay over $1k for any of my games and I can say my 2003 self (when I stopped buying because they were getting too expensive/priorities) would think you are insane if you told me I'd actually pay 7-9k for a new pinball machine.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

How many Stern distributors are there?

feels like 750 these days.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We're here all damn day we gotta complain aboot something!

Well yeah, because the part he left out was #4. People coming in to bitch about the people bitching. If they don't care, why do they care enough to post and complain about the complainers? Shit..paradox.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I still think we should have a rating system for venders so we know who wants to sell at retail or below ,and those who give good service and earn our money.
Stern dealers are doing the same with toppers, as a example
hemispherespinball
"LAST CALL!!! Official Stern Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Topper - 502-7105-00
Popular Item 1 viewed per hour
Condition:New
Quantity:
Last one
15 sold / See feedback
Price:
US $1,699.99
Item location:
Hampshire, Illinois, United States"
Im guessing no Mandalorians LE will be going out the door at 9100 from them.
Orange County Pinballs has a Star Wars R2D2 Pinball Machine Topper Stern Limited 1 of 500 NEW 502-7041-00
Popular Item 2 viewed per hour
Condition:New
Price:
US $4,999.00
And they also a Led Zeppelin LE for 15k and I'm also guessing chances are good no Mandalorians LE are going to be sold at retail from them either.
And thats ok with me that their business model works for them. But because of the Gouging or high markup I won't buy anything from them. We as pinheads should go to venders who don't play the market and just sell games. KINGPIN, TILT AMUSEMENTS,Game Exchange of Colorado, Game room guys, This is just a few I know are straight shooters so to speak and they are the ones getting my money.We should have a rating system or list of the better venders.
If I remember right when the Elvira Signature Edition (I think it was Elvira but could have been another high demand game) came out Tilt (Trent) had a drawing to pull all the interested peoples names to try and be fair as to who can buy one at retail.
So again we should buy from the straight shooters, and for those who keep defending the venders who play the market, well all I can say is keep giving them your money,you should be overpaying for your toys.

You can't do that because the whole point to distros (in any business) is secrecy in pricing.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Wut??
Non sense

Publicly showing what everyone pays works against them and their profit margins. Unless they are all asking the same price. How is that nonsense? It's the story as old as capitalism.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Someone selling with negotiated pricing doesn’t want their sales history public because it hurts their negotiating position/power. Nothing to do with distribution or not.
Pricing model and distribution are entirely different subjects and reasonings.

So you're saying there's no price negotiation, despite all of the 'no one pays MSRP' comments? That is exactly what my comments are based on.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again... wut??
My post said nothing like that. Read again

I quoted you. Maybe you didn't type what you meant? I'm not sure why you are trying to separate distributing versus pricing, since they do both. Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing. Distros in pinball don't just 'distribute'. Otherwise you wouldn't have people jacking the prices up. The only time they don't manipulate price is when the vendors don't allow it (like motorcycle pipes..omg).

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You quoted comments from different posts talking about different things.
Yes many pinballs do not sell at msrp. Many pinball distributors also sell with negotiable pricing, some with fixed pricing. These are facts.
That was the post to the ops misinformed view they never see sterns discounted. It was also relevant to your post about secrecy- because secrecy is not universal in distribution (pinball or not).
People who sell with negotiable pricing do not want their sales history public because it hurts their negotiating position. This has nothing to do with distribution and is a simple point about negotiating.
None of those facts are the reason for distribution to be the sales model in pinball (or elsewhere) and does not link secrecy to the point of distribution (your statement).

Ask yourself why I would make that statement. You hit on the point I was making, but you took it way too literal and very specifically.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:I don’t really care because I’m not in the market for an LE.
That said as a business owner, here’s my take from an outside perspective.
There’s an old saying “pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered”.
Basically meaning it’s ok to be greedy, but not too greedy.
It seems a little like a cutting open the goose to get the golden egg.
The distributors that sold at MSRP should have no blow back from the retail market.
Distributors that sold slightly above MSRP I doubt will either.
I have to believe that distributors that milked their machines for every last penny will have some long term repercussions.
If you alienate a buyer with higher prices than other retailers then said buyer takes their business elsewhere. Some buyers have short memories and will be back. Others have permanently taken their business to another distributor.
People can do whatever they want, but if you’re trying to build a repeat buyer base being the top of the market is generally not the best way to build a client list of repeat buyers.

That used to be true, but I think today's gotta have it now no matter the cost (people have had it too good for too long) makes it way less true. You see those divides in the threads. Many people simply don't care anymore, just like they don't care about their privacy.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I was never into the LE market but looking at recent used Stranger Things LE prices ($12-13K) around here puts in perspective why this Mando LE is what it is. Good lord whats gonna happen when Godzilla LE comes out! Its only to get worse with all of these dream themes people wish for and are now getting.

I already said it in the other thread, Godzilla LE demand is going to be worse than Walmart on Black Friday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,900 (Firm)
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 22.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-price-gouging-mandalorian-les?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.