0001380042595_3_A1C1_0600 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210514-112620_Facebook (resized).jpg
EDB6D7CA-2396-48A6-89F8-891B2430F422 (resized).jpeg
Stern (resized).png
artworks-000043177088-tg1mig-t500x500 (resized).jpg
cca86329f0f0acbd692d54bbff3cfbf8 (resized).jpg
i'M_OUT.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

I don’t think he’s even a stern distributor...

Edit: yes, I see he opined and confirmed that and then you removed his name.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Be a shame if distributors jacked up the price before LE buyers could when flipping it to the next guy.

I’d way rather the distributors make the money than the scalpers/flippers/speculators. Most people feel this way when the bulk (if not all) of the LEs were sold before the game was even officially announced.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from GVONM:

Mitoska Agree. I wish Stern would release 200 more BK toppers. Drive the price of those used ones back down.

Gosh yes, this really needs to happen.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

They increased the LE’s to 750. Shouldn’t distributors get a better allocation?

This is something I’m not understanding either. Stern made 50% more LEs than normal and distributors had a reduced allocation from their prior games? That is what they are telling people anyway.

I agree Stern should up their LEs to 1,000 so that distributors can get a stable allotment and not have to disappoint so many of their customers (if the allotments really were cut from prior releases).

#301 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I won’t even have a discussion with my wife if the game is over $10k. Not because she’ll say “no”, but because it compromises my position that we need to save money where we can. If I was single, I probably still wouldn’t go over $10k.

Yep, this exact same issue exists for me. I will not pay $10,000 or higher for a machine, it undermines me all kinds of ways on spending (it would be used against me on hotel room upgrades on vacations that the Mrs wanted and other things like that).

I was totally out on GnR LE at the $10,500 level, luckily I found a spot at $9,500.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

That's what FOMO is and what every retailer is trying to create to sell a limited edition. The flippers have sent a clear message to Stern and some retailers that they left money on the table with this one and they will likely respond with greater LE numbers and/or higher prices on future releases. Then we will have that to complain about.

Stern really could have done 1,000 LE’s of this title and would have still been a day one sell out for them on this title. The theme is the driver here for Stern, they hit a gold mine of a theme.

Quoted from VMAX:

Stern, for example, instituted a MAP (minimum advertised price) policy for resellers that many wrongly think was the manufacturer driving end-user pricing. MAP is a standard industry practice that protects Distributors and Dealers from each other, among other benefits of standardization.

Is the MAP program still in play? I see Mando premium being advertised for as little as $7,599 here on Pinside, seems like MAP is a thing of the past.

Quoted from Crumbalimb:

So one of my other points is it would be nice if we had a rating system on pinside for the distros so we can share those positive experances and negative ones so distros can earn our cash like any other business.I know this won't happen on Pinside but I think it would be a good thing for newer buyers.

Why wouldn’t this happen on Pinside? Ask Robin to make this a feature, he’d certainly consider it if he thought the demand were there for the feature.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

However, the theme integration leaves a lot to be desired...a huge tilting mandolorian head mini playfield and a mega baby Yoda is the extent of the creative interpretation here??
What happened to thoughtful themes where there is a “world under glass”? This is why 90s BW are so amazing.

It’s a little early to say the theme integration isn’t there. We can all agree that BM66 had superb theme integration, yet no one would have thought by just looking at some playfield photos and thirty seconds of silent video. The theme integration will come in with the music, callouts, and video assets.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You can easily make an PREMIUM an LE with two simple things... SIDE BLADE ART and POWDER COATING. Total cost of those two things about $250.00. Boom you got an LE and you saved about 2 to 7k depending on how much this company is trying to sell you the new Limited Edition.

The mirrored backglass is, in my opinion, the primary difference. As you say, anyone can do the powder coating and what not...the mirrored backglass on the other hand, from the artist that designed the game, is more problematic.

Stern could sell a lot of after market mirrored backglasses with special designs, both to replace translights and as pure art.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This whole debate is silly because the premium is basically just as good as a limited edition. That is just being honest. Jjp on the other goes way beyond to create a glaring difference stern does t again just grab the premium

So, I’m a premium buyer, but the LE does have more going for it than just the powder coat. The upgraded speakers and HD glass are worth some bucks as well. All be told, I’ve always figured the LE had about $1,000 or so in legit upgrades, more depending on how you value the mirrored backglass.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I always mention the cgi Fx on screen then someone shouts me down with who looks at the screen when your playing. Honestly you can hardly tell they’re mirrored back glasses when the game is one.

So, this became true on TWD, Stern actually hasn’t done a true mirrored backglass since Avengers (the 2013 version). Starting with Metallica and on every game thereafter (except for Aerosmith) Stern used mirrored ink on a translight rather than a true backglass.

Go look closely at an X-Men LE, check it out closely. It is simply stunning whether the machine is turned off or on. Put it next to a TWD LE and the difference between the true mirrored backglass and the mirrored ink translight is striking.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I have to believe that distributors that milked their machines for every last penny will have some long term repercussions.

Many of the marked up games are not being sold by distros as distros, they are being sold by them as private individuals. This also happened with Metallica LE and a few others. Just because one distributor sold a game publicly at MSRP doesn’t mean they didn’t privately sell a couple more at high prices...

Frankly, I’d way rather see the distributors making this money (which is the market rate) than a flipper. The distributors do tons of great stuff for the community and get stuck with duds periodically (WWE, for example). Let them thrive now.

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The fun guy is an asshole and has been ripping people off for years. He is the on who was trying to sell a funhouse with a overlay at the TX pinball Festival for 10k. He wouldn’t even let people play it.

In fairness, he also has brought (literally) hundreds of games to TPF for everyone to play. One year alone (five years ago) he brought 110 games to TPF for everyone to play (they hired people to help move and set up the machine). TPF would absolutely not be the show it is without FUN and their years of dedicated support. If they want to list a 35 year old game over market when they are delivering 110 games for free who cares?

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please feel free to pm me a link to your application video!

Not sure I would request those videos for a 20k MB to this crowd...you’ll get the Brett Farve / Jared Porter treatment...

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I was never into the LE market but looking at recent used Stranger Things LE prices ($12-13K) around here puts in perspective why this Mando LE is what it is. Good lord whats gonna happen when Godzilla LE comes out! Its only to get worse with all of these dream themes people wish for and are now getting.

Funny enough, I heard yesterday that Godzilla LEs are already sold out if Stern doesn’t up the allotment from Mando...I’m not kidding.

I’m sure the bulk of distributors will tell people they don’t start lists this early or that they will “put you on the list” (or something like that to stay in compliance)...but it’s gone and a total sell out three or four months before release...or such is what I’m told.

Edit: I note from looking at the Godzilla thread that this point was already known by many. Frax made this meme, which is hysterical and I’m adding the photo now to this post.

195B3B93-E361-4ED2-98AB-ED53488E878A (resized).jpeg195B3B93-E361-4ED2-98AB-ED53488E878A (resized).jpeg

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'll add that if I call my distro right now, and I give him 2k for whatever LE will come next (which he's NOT suppose to accept), chances are I wouldn't get that next upcoming game anyway, IMHO..

Correct, certainly not at MSRP...

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone might say well you know there is already a Godzilla pinball, yes but that isn’t Godzilla. Godzilla would never run away from a helicopter, or be taken out by a single rocket, or stunned by a submarine. Godzilla would never hide from humans or be lured out by a pile of fish. That particular Godzilla movie is the worst movie I think I’ve ever seen.

The Sega Godzilla game is a fantastic game though, and it looks great (for a game of that era). Sure, it was based on a failed movie that had a lame Godzilla, but at least he breathes fire in the Sega game.

Quoted from Palmer:

After what we saw with Mando LE prices being increased more than usual by both distros and scalpers, I would be quite surprised if Stern does not raise the price of LEs starting with Godzilla.

I really wonder what Stern will do on that front. Will they raise prices or significantly increase the number of LE’s available? My guess is the LE number moves up to 1,000.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
11,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
9,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 19.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-price-gouging-mandalorian-les?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.