0001380042595_3_A1C1_0600 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210514-112620_Facebook (resized).jpg
EDB6D7CA-2396-48A6-89F8-891B2430F422 (resized).jpeg
Stern (resized).png
artworks-000043177088-tg1mig-t500x500 (resized).jpg
cca86329f0f0acbd692d54bbff3cfbf8 (resized).jpg
i'M_OUT.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 2 years ago

Personally it’s not that shitty honestly. People have been buying the games then instantly flipping them for a ton more the next day. Why can the buyers flip games for a ton more but distros can’t? Here is a reality check people putting such absurd prices on games is going to make Stern for example start selling their LE for 2k more very soon. It’s coming when you keep looking at the price gouging that is going on pinside right now. Look at Tron LE, someone tries and fails but no one talks about that, a Tron Le for 25k. Then some other wise guy says okay it didn’t sell for 25k so I’ll try for 18k... he sold it for 14k. Then a new wise guy wants 22 because the 18 list sells for 14 now I’m confused. LOL Let’s talk about what games are REALLY selling for not the fictional pie in the sky asking prices.

Here is the bottom line if you don’t like a distributor trying to cash in one the crazed buying public then don’t buy the game at least from that distributor.

You can voice your opinion with your check book or you can pony up and buy the game for more or find a distributor who will sell it for regular price.

Lastly, I’d say that all this talk is premature because you haven’t even see the game yet. You don’t know if its going to be good, great, average or suck... most Star Wars games do suck lets not forget. You also might see it and say WOW that is good as a JJP I’ll pay anything for it. We just have to wait and see then decide what we’re willing to pay.

#309 2 years ago

Another point of view is this... what is the difference?

A distributor sells the game for list price, then the buyer turns around and lists them for 5k more.

OR

A distributor sells the game for 5k more and the buyer actually keeps the game.

OR

Stern just raises the price on LE about 5K then distributors are STRUGGLING to sell even half the number.

Those are your three options. No matter which one you pick you the end user loses. So best option DO NOT BUY the games. That puts the prices back where they should be. Or buy the games and keep sending the message you’re okay with it. There is no other option.

#333 2 years ago

There is an old saying different strokes for different folks. You look at some Pinball Companies they want 15k for every single one of their Mando's, however sell the Pro's in line with everyone else. Some Pinball Companies also has a warehouse and can hold these games for an entire year if they want. Other Distro's don't have giant warehouses and their model is just volume, turn everything over as fast as possible. Look at Betson their main focus isn't pinball and they try to cash in on every single LE thru EBAY... they have limited editions from two years ago. They'd rather sit on the game for 2 years and get 18k for it rather than sell it and make $1000 day of release.

If you're TUNED IN you're on top of this... if you're not TUNED IN and you want one you PAY MORE! Some people just don't mind paying more because another 5k just doesn't mean much to them. I think 95% of the real pinball hobbyist CARE about the price, while at the same time care about the value they can sell their own games. We can't have it both ways now... pay very little to get the game, then later ask twice what you paid. You'll never get every opportunist on the same page with you.

You just deal with the market as it unfolds and roll with it. In reality you don't see distributors jacking up the prices of premiums, so why not just buy those. What is the REAL difference... powder coating mostly. That costs about $150.00 to powder coat it any color you want. An autograph from the designer? Who cares those autographs are worth NOTHING... unless its Slash or Axel Rose. Personally I'd like to see Stern go back to Batman... get stars like Adam West to sign the card, I don't care about what designer made the game. I'm buying the game because I love the property not who designed it.

You can easily make an PREMIUM an LE with two simple things... SIDE BLADE ART and POWDER COATING. Total cost of those two things about $250.00. Boom you got an LE and you saved about 2 to 7k depending on how much this company is trying to sell you the new Limited Edition.

Here is the other thing are Limited Editions really Limited Editions when Stern makes 750 copies? Who knows the next time it might go to 1,000 they're not so limited anymore.

Get the Premium and make your own Limited Edition. Get creative and get the mods you want, order the topper, powder coat all for costs under the price difference of a limited edition. Just something to think about.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The mirrored backglass

I always mention the cgi Fx on screen then someone shouts me down with who looks at the screen when your playing. Honestly you can hardly tell they’re mirrored back glasses when the game is one. Secondly as to the different artwork some people like Guns N’ Roses le artwork better than collector. Some people like premium artwork just as much if not more than the le. I mean look at avengers what’s the difference between le and premium.

Stern doesn’t offer enough difference between premium and limited edition. If you ask me stern doesn’t even try to make limited a lot better like Jersey jack. Sterns le should come with the topper Jersey jacks do.

This whole debate is silly because the premium is basically just as good as a limited edition. That is just being honest. Jjp on the other goes way beyond to create a glaring difference stern does t again just grab the premium

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I lost count, how many LE and CE games are in your collection now Mr wisdom? lol Everyone should buy what they like and feel comfortable with. Why should anyone else care??

Yo Bluebird, I’m NOT telling anyone what to do. What I am saying is if you don’t like the price of LE’s go the route of Premium. Where do you think I’m telling people not to buy an LE??? You always have a smart ass way of responding every now and then but this time its uncalled for. I agree with you buy whatever you want there is nothing wrong with that.

With all that being said its kind of ridiculous for people to complain about LE prices from distributors when many of the same people turn around and resell them for 40% more than they paid. No one is happy right now and that is just reality.

The people who like buying them to flip can’t because some distros want 15k, the people who’re watching those who got them for 9K now want to flip them for 15k, etc. There is just one way to end all those non-sense once and for and its probably coming... Stern announces new pricing for Limited Edition games at $12,500 how far off do you think that is? Who thinks Stern isn’t watching all this movie fly out day one... how much money are they leaving on the table.

Bottom line if you don’t like the price of a limited edition then a premium isn’t a bad option. I’m not saying anything else.

#343 2 years ago

I'm now happy I have your approval! I'm going to write this down in my diary! LOL

At the end of the day a premium just isn't different enough to pay $7800 for Mando or $15,000 for mando. How about Elvira premium 7800 or the new going rate for Elvira LE at $13 to 15k.

Think about this everyone because this makes NO sense. Stern puts the worst armor on the limited editions mostly lollipop but then come out with the coolest one for the Premiums that is powder coated a different color than the LE. WHAT? Why didn't the LE get the coolest one powder coated to match? HELLO!

So here is how this works... you buy a Premium Mando for $7800, then you buy the kick ass new rails, $100 side blades, 150 powder coat, and the guy who gets LE has to pay the SAME as you for the topper. BOOM you essentially have an LE and some might say cooler one for HALF the cost.

That was my point to the people who're pissed about the LE.

Now lets take JJP... their CE come with radcal, topper, side blade art, mirror backglass, playfield with different accents, and in Guns case autographs from the band. As a Stern Premium buyer they have the OPTIONS to essentially to make your Premium an LE or even better... with JJP there simply is no way. When you buy a JJP CE you know you're getting the TOP of the line that can't be replicated. With Stern you're only a few steps away to having something as good or better. With Stern there really is only TWO thing you're not getting and Mirror Backglass and Different artwork. Sideblade art you can buy direct from Stern, topper both have to buy, and Stern comes out with the ultimate side armor which the LE never get because the powder coat doesn't match.

Artwork is subjective which one do you like better, Star Wars Comic or Star Wars LE... whatever its not radcal so who cares.

Just trying to make a point.

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh, no, those are still worthless.

If you have a Guns N Roses pinball and you have Slash and Axel autograph on or in the game how is that worthless?

I'm dying to hear the answer. Who would rather Batman 66 pinball designers autograph over Adam West? Who would rather the Elvira pinball designer over Elvira? I'm waiting to hear ... if you're a fan of the property 99.9999999999999% of the people would love to have those autographs.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

With all due respect, it often feels like you are using Pinside as your diary.

If you feel the need to reply, a sentence or two will do. No one here needs a treatise.

Just because you have a hard time reading more than a sentence or two doesn't mean I'm creating a diary. You know a good point can't always be made with one sentence. Why don't you tell some of these podcasters who do 1 hour shows of near worthless content to cut them down to a sentence or two. Lets see how that goes over.

If you don't like what someone says don't read it.

#437 2 years ago

Godzilla would be one of the DREAM themes for me. I’m excited. Someone might say well you know there is already a Godzilla pinball, yes but that isn’t Godzilla. Godzilla would never run away from a helicopter, or be taken out by a single rocket, or stunned by a submarine. Godzilla would never hide from humans or be lured out by a pile of fish. That particular Godzilla movie is the worst movie I think I’ve ever seen.

So bring on the REAL GODZILLA the lizard that destroys cities, kills monsters and is simply a badass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 22.95
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-price-gouging-mandalorian-les?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.