0001380042595_3_A1C1_0600 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210514-112620_Facebook (resized).jpg
EDB6D7CA-2396-48A6-89F8-891B2430F422 (resized).jpeg
Stern (resized).png
artworks-000043177088-tg1mig-t500x500 (resized).jpg
cca86329f0f0acbd692d54bbff3cfbf8 (resized).jpg
i'M_OUT.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 2 years ago

Total noob thread.

May as well have started one about the time ozzy told an audience to kill a puppy, or his best friend’s distant cousin woke up in a bathtub without a kidney.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

Betson Enterprises is one of the gougers. I was quoted $12,500 yesterday for the LE.
Being a route operator and a long time customer, (my company purchases approx. $200,00-$300,00 annually from them, and have a set discounted price on all equipment) I was certainly appalled that a nationide company would now join the bandwagon of greedy pinball distributors.
Pinball is great, the hobby is great, but the prices are getting more and more out of control.

Why do you need LEs for your route?

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

No LEs for the route but being in the business a long time I am a collector as well as an operator. I felt this game would have made a great addition next to the Star Wars LE I have

It sucks but there are hundreds and hundreds of people like you in the same boat, and they can't make everybody happy. May as well take the opportunity to pad their profits. It's a tight margin business and distributors take a lot of risks, ask the ones who have been trying to get rid of Beatles games for 3 years.

I know you probably think you are their best customer and they owe you but everybody who buys a game a year thinks that too.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Haha u upset dude ?
As that Niko guy said :
Relax

"Idiot" is the word of the day for Woody!

I think he needs a nap. No hobby should cause anybody this much stress.

Trust me I know how it feels to see a hobby I enjoy flooded with "idiots," being around for 20+ years will do that for ya. Best to just relax and control what you can control.

A gentle reminder: If it weren't for all you "idiots" who invaded this hobby over the past decade, folks like me would still be scooping up $900 Doctor Whos all day. Thanks a lot gang!

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

but at the same time, you wouldn't be seeing nearly the flood of new games either. As much as I love the older games, there's some great new games being released.

True.

I was still happier buying $900 Doctor Whos, and never hearing the words "Shooter lane pics?" or "world under glass."

It was a peaceful time.

But look at me! I ain't bitter! Obviously there's room for a new crop of "idiots" every 5 years in this hobby.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But I'm 100% with you that I'd like to see all the speculation buyers get burned.

In 2021, all pinball buyers are speculators.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No - some of us actually just enjoy playing pinball and don't buy games thinking about future profits. (but maybe we are the minority now)

That's a nice sentiment and all but nobody is spending this kind of money on games without "speculating" what it's going to be worth in two years.

Even you, ma Theresa!

#248 2 years ago

"Stern sold out their LEs a week before the game went on sale, and Gary is taking nightly money baths while a harem of the world's highest paid models scrub his hairy old man back...Here's what Stern is doing wrong and why they should completely change their sales model!..."

-Pinside

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So basically someone can snag an LE in all likelihood between $11k-$12k instead of spending $14k+ like the scalpers are asking?
What's the problem here?

True. Also it's not like these "offers" are legally binding. I just sent them an email saying I'll take one at $15k.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I don’t really care because I’m not in the market for an LE.
That said as a business owner, here’s my take from an outside perspective.
There’s an old saying “pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered”.
Basically meaning it’s ok to be greedy, but not too greedy.
It seems a little line a cutting open the goose to get the golden egg.
The distributors that sold at MSRP should have no blow back from the retail market.
Distributors that sold slightly above MSRP I doubt will either.
I have to believe that distributors that milked their machines for every last penny will have some long term repercussions.
If you alienate a buyer with higher prices than other retailers then said buyer takes their business elsewhere. Some buyers have short memories and will be back. Others have permanently taken their business to another distributor.
People can do whatever they want, but if you’re trying to build a repeat buyer base being the top of the market is generally not the best way to build a client list of repeat buyers.

Pinball people are petty and vindictive, but also have incredibly short memories.

If a distributor has something they want - even if they are hated gougers on the blacklist - they'll do business with them in the near future.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In fairness, he also has brought (literally) hundreds of games to TPF for everyone to play. One year alone (five years ago) he brought 110 games to TPF for everyone to play (they hired people to help move and set up the machine). TPF would absolutely not be the show it is without FUN and their years of dedicated support. If they want to list a 35 year old game over market when they are delivering 110 games for free who cares?

They also donated their venue/games for the IFPA champs a few years ago and it was a ton of fun.

It's not all black and white! I mean, yeah, I listed a HUO Monster Bash for 20,000 clams, but I also helped an old lady walk across 9th avenue yesterday.

There is good and evil in everybody!

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from VMAX:

Did the $20k Monster Bash sell?

Not yet! I just haven't found a qualified buyer yet who I would be comfortable selling to!

Please feel free to pm me a link to your application video!

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can I give you 500 down and pay monthly?

WIll consider trade for a broken vette!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

11,500 (OBO)
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

9,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-price-gouging-mandalorian-les?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.