0001380042595_3_A1C1_0600 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210514-112620_Facebook (resized).jpg
EDB6D7CA-2396-48A6-89F8-891B2430F422 (resized).jpeg
Stern (resized).png
artworks-000043177088-tg1mig-t500x500 (resized).jpg
cca86329f0f0acbd692d54bbff3cfbf8 (resized).jpg
i'M_OUT.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Many of the marked up games are not being sold by distros as distros, they are being sold by them as private individuals. This also happened with Metallica LE and a few others. Just because one distributor sold a game publicly at MSRP doesn’t mean they didn’t privately sell a couple more at high prices...
Frankly, I’d way rather see the distributors making this money (which is the market rate) than a flipper. The distributors do tons of great stuff for the community and get stuck with duds periodically (WWE, for example). Let them thrive now.

Well said, 100% agree. I fear we are already in the era of an LE market that will be dominated by people who do not care how much they spend. There are easily a few hundred people in the pinball hobby now who have no cares about how much they pay, and would probably love it even more if the plebs could no longer reach the LE level.
The distros need to capitalize while they can. Those who are complaining about inflated pricing are now in the “if you have to ask how much it is, you can’t afford it” crowd. It saddens me to say that, but I really think it’s where the hobby is headed until there is a recession or the affluent move on to an even more exclusive hobby.

#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

“Step right up, and win some crap!”

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How you feel about this probably depends on what you think it’ll do to Pro and Premium prices. So far they’ve had a fairly linear price progression. But if you start seeing $9k pros in a few years, remember this thread.

This is where the upward progression of pinball could get derailed…or maybe corrected…depending on your point of view.
If pinball becomes too expensive for home buyers, location pinball will make a major comeback (post-pandemic).
I personally never thought I’d ever have a pinball machine in my home (too expensive) but here I am, living the dream.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

In regards to location play making a major comeback because of the price increases of new machines disenfranchising home use buyers, do you see non-pinhead people willing to pay $5/play on location? $4? $3? Because I don't.
It's hard enough to get people to pay $1/play or $2/3. Generally speaking, the public is still locked on $.50/play, as they have no clue as to the price of equipment these days.
But I absolutely agree with your statement that we may very well soon see the the current golden age of pinball slow its meteoric rise (as compared to itself...it's still extremely niche) in the near future as inflation rears its ugly head.

That is an excellent point. It’s dumbfounding that people have such a fit about anything more than 50-cent plays. Especially when the newer arcade games that I see on location are more money (tokens) per play than a pin, with very few (or no) moving parts and very little maintenance needed. Without an increase per play, it would be tough for operators to keep up.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Also, if anyone would care to help me see the light, my distro is supposed to be the only guy I can deal with, it's a territory thing in Canada. Anyway, the only few times I wrote my rep, I did receive some fast, very polite replies. But that's it! I was never followed up with, never received instructions for the next step in buying a game.
As if I would email a car dealership and ask to buy the upcoming model sight unseen, and the guys at the dealer would reply they'd get back to me, but actually never would.. I mean, that has never happened to me outside of the pinball world!

At least in the USA, the market demand is so high that the distros do not need to chase customers. If you don’t buy, there is someone in line directly behind you and ready to purchase. It seems very crazy but demand far outweighs the supply. Even worse, if you are in an area split up into dealer territories then they really have no need to put forth the extra effort to make a sale. If you think the pinball market is insane, you should see what it’s like in the US housing market. Strange times, indeed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

9,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-price-gouging-mandalorian-les?tu=MasterBlaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.