0001380042595_3_A1C1_0600 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210514-112620_Facebook (resized).jpg
EDB6D7CA-2396-48A6-89F8-891B2430F422 (resized).jpeg
Stern (resized).png
artworks-000043177088-tg1mig-t500x500 (resized).jpg
cca86329f0f0acbd692d54bbff3cfbf8 (resized).jpg
i'M_OUT.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 442 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I will not publicly bash someone here. If you want to search the online reviews of the distributors the review will show up in the next week.

I'm new here: where are distributor reviews?

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

i am just relaying what I read in the mando thread.

Cause if it's on the internet, it MUST BE TRUE

#153 2 years ago

I don't care if a distributor is asking for more than MSRP but to pretend that it's not happening with some is laughable. My crack research with this simple internet search...

ebay.com link: itm

https://billiardsnmore.com/shop/led-zeppelin-pinball-limited-edition/

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I don’t see why they limit production on them.
It’s a friggin accessory, if they are still selling, then keep making them.

I wonder if this will become the new norm as industries of all kinds realize it may be better to not keep inventory around and/or go for high quantity. Instead the better return may come from always keeping supply limited then adjusting margin as needed.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Why should a distributor care what their customers do with the product? How did flipping LZ and AIQ LEs work out? What was the last stern LE that was flipped for a large profit immediately after launch?

Any business owner will tell you that you never want to leave money on the table, so monitoring price trends is important.

#155 2 years ago

Distributors can raise the price. How far they take will determine future business with them... The market is not always going to be as strong as it is now...

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and you all didn't beat the shit out of him, take his tickets, and pass them out to the people in line for free?

I have very fond memories of watching small groups of people chasing scalpers out of the parking lot of the Phila. Spectrum at concerts in the 1980’s!
The best part was them yelling “get the F out of here you Scalper Scum” as they charged toward them and persued them-for several blocks!

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Wonder how many ‘resellers’ got burned badly in the PS5 fiasco.
Can’t wait to see the day one Mando LE 20k sales going up. Let’s see what the secondary market will bear.

Kind of makes you hope the game is horrible, but there'll be suckers either way.

Quoted from konghusker:

Seems to me that stern should have a problem with this, but they won’t because it benefits them. After all they crack down on distributors offering lower(street) prices. Why can they sell higher, but not lower? Oh I know. Because if I the distributors can charge more, then that means stern can charge more. On the flip side, if low price competition between distributors occurs, then stern can’t justify higher prices as easily. If you ask me, stern should crack down on both higher charges, and lower charges and only allow msrp to be offered by a distributor on nib.

You know what you'd see then? Distros selling to 'customers *cough friends*' who in turn resell them for higher. I agree with the cutting out the distros. I know it's not a popular opinion, but it's a severely outdated practice. I have nothing against them, never had an issue with any, but it just isn't that necessary because for the most part, the serious issues are a fight with the manufacturers anyway.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

distros were told pricing is unchanged. Call your distro and ask if you need confirmation.

Nah. I'll just post some b.s. here instead.

#159 2 years ago

Case by case but I typically land on any one pro/premium/LE but generally feel like the LE doesn’t bring enough to the table to justify super extra, have more pros than anything else. (Tron LE is the one big exception where the LE had different PF features and modes as there was no Tron premium sadly). I had two STLEs at times and currently own ST premium happy with that for the lesser price.

I would not pay over MSRP for a LE but just wait for a pro or premium.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Crazy idea..... Tell us Who was the naughty distributor and Who was the Nice distributor!! Why is everyone so outspoken when they feel wronged but show compassion when it comes to sharing the names???? They Both deserve credit where credit is due no?

Betson Enterprises is one of the gougers. I was quoted $12,500 yesterday for the LE.

Being a route operator and a long time customer, (my company purchases approx. $200,00-$300,00 annually from them, and have a set discounted price on all equipment) I was certainly appalled that a nationide company would now join the bandwagon of greedy pinball distributors.

Pinball is great, the hobby is great, but the prices are getting more and more out of control.

#161 2 years ago

Fun! is also selling LEs via highest email bid only (aka silent auction).

#162 2 years ago

Again, if people are willing to pay these prices, isn’t that what they are worth? Why is it worse for a distributor to make the money than some random flipper?

This isn’t an essential item. Absolutely no one in the world needs it. Let them make money off people who have money to waste.

#163 2 years ago

Classic Game Rooms is 11,900 shipped with a possible 400 dollar discount if you bought from him before and if you don't use a credit card. Surprised me TBH.

#164 2 years ago

If I just overpaid for a Mando LE before seeing the full game reveal I would be pissed lol. Disappointing in my opinion. Baby Yoda does nothing and just stand up targets on what looks like a very odd / dull upper playfield. Have to actually play it though to give it a fair shot. Ended up ordering a TMNT Premium instead.

#165 2 years ago

Would love to know the actual BOM + Licence + R&D costs of these games, Ie how much does it actually cost stern to get them out the door, Is this cost increasing there end as well? Or is pinflation just going crazy and stern is just making more and more profit. Will new sterns be $20,000 in a few years? Either way I don't care just find it fascinating

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

Betson Enterprises is one of the gougers. I was quoted $12,500 yesterday for the LE.
Being a route operator and a long time customer, (my company purchases approx. $200,00-$300,00 annually from them, and have a set discounted price on all equipment) I was certainly appalled that a nationide company would now join the bandwagon of greedy pinball distributors.
Pinball is great, the hobby is great, but the prices are getting more and more out of control.

Why do you need LEs for your route?

#167 2 years ago

I don't get how anyone can say that Karma is going to eventually get these dealers in a hobby where people pay 3x the MSRP for a topper.

There are people who are waiting in line to buy these LE machines sight unseen at whatever price they can buy them for. It feels unsustainable yet here we are.

Saying Karma is going to "get" distributors has about as much weight as saying we're in a price bubble (with apologies to CrazyLevi ).

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do you need LEs for your route?

No LEs for the route but being in the business a long time I am a collector as well as an operator. I felt this game would have made a great addition next to the Star Wars LE I have

#169 2 years ago

I don't blame distributors. Stern selling direct through their website and slashing the number of games distributors are getting leaves them little choice. Sell fewer games at a higher margin. Gotta stay in business. This is the (new) way.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

No LEs for the route but being in the business a long time I am a collector as well as an operator. I felt this game would have made a great addition next to the Star Wars LE I have

It sucks but there are hundreds and hundreds of people like you in the same boat, and they can't make everybody happy. May as well take the opportunity to pad their profits. It's a tight margin business and distributors take a lot of risks, ask the ones who have been trying to get rid of Beatles games for 3 years.

I know you probably think you are their best customer and they owe you but everybody who buys a game a year thinks that too.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Here is even a simpler solution:
Buy it if you can afford it
Dont buy it if you cant afford it
Done

It is not a afford thing for me, it is a I am not paying $15k for a stupid ass pinball machine.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Distributors do not make much money on NIB sales, they make their money on used games, like car dealerships. Get the used game cheap and mark it up.

don't buy into that, they make plenty of money or would not be doing it.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Stern selling direct through their website and slashing the number of games distributors are getting leaves them little choice.

hopefully this is the future

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

You can always get one later. Being limited, only so many can buy nib. Probably end up saving a lot as well. Prices just about always settle down after other games come out and hype fades. Problem is nobody wants to wait and willing to pay extra to get it now. That's the market.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It is not a afford thing for me, it is a I am not paying $15k for a stupid ass pinball machine.

May I suggest you search the marketplace for other non stupid cheaper machines? I think I saw a popeye for 3500 ?
I can easily sell you mine for that ? No color DMD tho

#175 2 years ago

Problem solved if Stern did this with the entire Lot of LE's. Did any Stern Insider's get one with this offer?

Stern (resized).pngStern (resized).png
#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Problem solved if Stern did this with the entire Lot of LE's. Did any Stern Insider's get one with this offer?[quoted image]

The people with the best bots would get all of them.

#178 2 years ago

Pimp > Prostitute > John

or is it:

Pimp < Prostitute < John

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

May I suggest you search the marketplace for other non stupid cheaper machines? I think I saw a popeye for 3500 ?
I can easily sell you mine for that ? No color DMD tho

(edited)

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My only suggestion opinion. Does LE Really mean that much to people based on number? The LE is simply a premium product with unique elements. Why not just make as Many as the market wants? No limited quantity means the secondary market or flipper has No Fomo threat and you could get one without the mad dash of buying site unseen! They make a better revenue if the game is good and the false inflation and hoarding would stop!! I have an LE Ford Flex, you can too!

It's psychology. The "market" only wants it because they can't have it if they don't get it ASAP. If they made Unlimited $9200 Mandos when there's also an unlimited $7800 Mando, why would anyone rush to buy the $9200 model? The effect of "LE" on FOMO psychology guarantees Stern sells 500-800 games IMMEDIATELY, which guarantees the factory keeps churning. They can't afford to do otherwise. "Wait and see" means they don't have guaranteed sales.

#181 2 years ago

Haha u upset dude ?
As that Niko guy said :

Relax

May I suggest a new hobby that doesn’t upset u ? Butterfly collection ?

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Haha u upset dude ?
As that Niko guy said :
Relax

"Idiot" is the word of the day for Woody!

I think he needs a nap. No hobby should cause anybody this much stress.

Trust me I know how it feels to see a hobby I enjoy flooded with "idiots," being around for 20+ years will do that for ya. Best to just relax and control what you can control.

A gentle reminder: If it weren't for all you "idiots" who invaded this hobby over the past decade, folks like me would still be scooping up $900 Doctor Whos all day. Thanks a lot gang!

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trust me I know how it feels to see a hobby I enjoy flooded with "idiots," being around for 20+ years will do that for ya. Best to just relax and control what you can control.
A gentle reminder: If it weren't for all you "idiots" who invaded this hobby over the past decade, folks like me would still be scooping up $900 Doctor Whos all day. Thanks a lot gang!

And btw only my wife gets to call me idiot !

#184 2 years ago

Don't F with Joe. Good guy.

#185 2 years ago

Nobody fing with no one , Everyone needs a freaking chill pill it’s a freaking pinball machine

Relax

And I like like my popeye ! So there !

#186 2 years ago

Great, now a dealer can charge more than MSRP and a flipper can cash in too. Win win.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

but at the same time, you wouldn't be seeing nearly the flood of new games either. As much as I love the older games, there's some great new games being released...i mean, when you can get one.

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

but at the same time, you wouldn't be seeing nearly the flood of new games either. As much as I love the older games, there's some great new games being released.

True.

I was still happier buying $900 Doctor Whos, and never hearing the words "Shooter lane pics?" or "world under glass."

It was a peaceful time.

But look at me! I ain't bitter! Obviously there's room for a new crop of "idiots" every 5 years in this hobby.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True.
I was still happier buying $900 Doctor Whos, and never hearing the words "Shooter lane pics?" or "world under glass."
It was a peaceful time.
But look at me! I ain't bitter! Obviously there's room for a new crop of "idiots" every 5 years in this hobby.

I heard about shooter lane pics back when I started this thing back around 2005. Even though the prices were lower, condition still affected what you wanted to pay for something. We didn't bitch about "world under glass" because we HAD it! Nothing to complain about when playing the best B/W games!

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I agree with all you’ve stated.
What does a good distributor do when the manufacturer won’t help out with a chipping play field after 3 weeks of ownership?

Mine stepped up and paid to take care of me.

#191 2 years ago

I had asked my usual distributer to reserve me an LE around one month ago but was informed that because Stern was selling some direct they got a lower allotment therefore I didn’t get one. I’m not a huge buyer from them just 3 pins on the past 7 years, so maybe I’m lower on the pecking order. But anyway I think the premium is nicer looking to my eyes. Will go with premium hopefully can play one soon pro or LE.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Mine stepped up and paid to take care of me.

You should name that guy because he’s the only one I’ve heard who is taking care of his customers.

#193 2 years ago

LOL. I’ve been taking a bit of a tongue-lashing on my pricing thread because I dared say that Stern isn’t responsible for all price increases, even after introducing MAP.

Looks like I’m right after all. But I’m used to that.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from VMAX:

LOL. I’ve been taking a bit of a tongue-lashing on my pricing thread because.....

(edited)

#195 2 years ago

(edited)

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If I just overpaid for a Mando LE before seeing the full game reveal I would be pissed lol. Disappointing in my opinion. Baby Yoda does nothing and just stand up targets on what looks like a very odd / dull upper playfield. Have to actually play it though to give it a fair shot. Ended up ordering a TMNT Premium instead.

May want to go tmnt pro. Had an LE and buddy had pro. Pro plays better. Better feed to upper flipper on pro. (no drop on to playfield) 8 ball multi ball is too much. Van diverter and hang glider don’t add much and can be problematic. Glider blocks view of episode insert light on prem/le.

#197 2 years ago

As a Canadian, I am personally offended by your aboot!

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Good job.
Maybe you can get a job at a Kwikie Mart too to afford your LE?

I think you’re ready for the sequel...”I still don’t get it”

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was still happier buying $900 Doctor Whos

Good times indeed...used to get those deals in dusty warehouses from old school tax evading ops with a half mil in quarters buried out back who reeked of stale Marlboro reds...now everyone I meet in the hobby rolls up in a Tesla with a mask on

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It sucks but there are hundreds and hundreds of people like you in the same boat, and they can't make everybody happy. May as well take the opportunity to pad their profits. It's a tight margin business and distributors take a lot of risks, ask the ones who have been trying to get rid of Beatles games for 3 years.
I know you probably think you are their best customer and they owe you but everybody who buys a game a year thinks that too.

Man I miss those days. I was big into pinball but didn't have the cash to buy back then I'd have so many cool games right now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
There are 442 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-price-gouging-mandalorian-les/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.