Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think distributors are necessary?”

• No Direct would be fine and maybe lower cost 40 votes
      51%
    • Yes I need a distributor 30 votes
      38%
    • Undecided 8 votes
      10%

(78 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atari_Daze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

I've posted it before in other topics of similar titles but can't find them at present, >> MOST << manufacturers are NOT set up to sell to EVERYONE, why would they want to? It is easier to manage a manufacturing business selling to say several dozen distributors rather than to thousands if not 10s or 100s of thousands of customers. That takes a lot of resources.

You don't buy your Ford directly from Ford do you? No, how many millions of customers do they have, impossible to manage all those relationships.

I could go on for hours on this topic so feel free to PM me with your thoughts, my B.S. is actually in distribution, as such I'm a little biased.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atari_Daze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributors-poll-the-middle-man?tu=Atari_Daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.