Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Deez
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Looking to put a deposit down on a Godzilla premium. Any glowing recommendations?

#2 2 years ago

Hemispheres Amusements.

https://www.hemispheresamusements.com

Jeff

#3 2 years ago

Lots of great options. I most recently got a pin from ZMeny at Flip N Out Pinball. Great communication. Unfortunately There may be a wait for Godzilla premium, but Zach doesn’t charge deposit to be on wait list

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/

#4 2 years ago

A second vote for Zach at Flip N Out. Honest, fair,
responsive and reliable.

#5 2 years ago

Another vote for Zach at Flip N Out.

#6 2 years ago

Great American Pinball has treated me very well - out of West Chicago, IL. Give Mike a call.

#7 2 years ago

Shane at Maine Home Recreation is a sold guy

#8 2 years ago

Melissa at Cointaker
JJ at Game exchange

#9 2 years ago

Cointaker. Melissa of course.

#10 2 years ago

Melissa at Cointaker

#11 2 years ago

Whichever one is gouging the least

#12 2 years ago

Mad Pinball. Hands down is the best distributor I've ever worked with. Hit up RBradley and he will take care of you.

#13 2 years ago

Has anyone use Gulf Coast Pinball?

#14 2 years ago

Jason at Classic Game Rooms here in the Atlanta area

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mad Pinball. Hands down is the best distributor I've ever worked with. Hit up olbobber and he will take care of you.

I second this. I'd switch all my current preorders to him if I could.

#16 2 years ago

Great American Pinball

Troy at Tilt Amusements

#17 2 years ago

I second that...https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/

#19 2 years ago

Call Marshall at Little Shop of Games. Great distributor who takes care of his customers:
https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/machines-for-sale/new-pinball-machines/

2 weeks later
#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

Has anyone use Gulf Coast Pinball?

Did anyone ever answer your question directly about Gulf Coast Pinball? I'm looking at them, too.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Did anyone ever answer your question directly about Gulf Coast Pinball? I'm looking at them, too.

fixintoplay No. I ordered a Godzilla Pro from them in early January. They had great price with free ship and no tax. I contacted them recently as their web site was down. Seems the web site was hacked and taken down for repair. He said my Godzilla may be delivered in March. If so, I would have to rate them A1. Keeping fingers crossed. I will be loudly recommending Gulf Coast Pinball once my order is delivered.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

fixintoplay No. I ordered a Godzilla Pro from them in early January. They had great price with free ship and no tax. I contacted them recently as their web site was down. Seems the web site was hacked and taken down for repair. He said my Godzilla may be delivered in March. If so, I would have to rate them A1. Keeping fingers crossed. I will be loudly recommending Gulf Coast Pinball once my order is delivered.

OK, thanks. Please post or PM me when you know one way or the other. Good luck!

4 weeks later
#23 2 years ago

fixintoplay I have the FedEx tracking number for my Godzilla (Pro) from Gulf Coast Pinball. I ordered early January and will be here next week. I had them add a shaker motor and got free (included) shipping and no tax there too. So paid list MSRP, no tax and free ship. Will recommend Gulf Coast Pinball.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

OK, thanks. Please post or PM me when you know one way or the other. Good luck!

I would HIGHLY suggest doing your research. On the surface the company seems "scammy". Website is still "down", facebook and instagram haven't had activity in months, and if the price is MSRP, free shipping, no tax, and a free shaker motor, it just doesn't pass the smell test for me. Not discrediting it but I would recommend doing your due diligence beyond a post on this forum claiming they are great.

#25 2 years ago

Jj at Gamer's exchange of Colorado. By far the best dealer i have ever dealt with..although He may not say the same for me ,being i am not the most sane person in the pinball world but always picks up or responds pretty quick if not instantly.. The best of the best and bought from many listed in this thread...

#26 2 years ago

Rob at MAD pinball. Stern authorized. He only lists preorders for games he’s guaranteed to get in the timeframe listed, so no guesswork as to allocation

MSRP and free shipping

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

I would HIGHLY suggest doing your research. On the surface the company seems "scammy". Website is still "down", facebook and instagram haven't had activity in months, and if the price is MSRP, free shipping, no tax, and a free shaker motor, it just doesn't pass the smell test for me. Not discrediting it but I would recommend doing your due diligence beyond a post on this forum claiming they are great.

Not free shaker motor, they included the shaker motor with the shipment so no extra shipping. You can check them out in the Pinside Marketplace.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

PapaBless - I did the research, and I had the same misgivings about Gulf Coast and for the same reasons you did. Got the Stern I wanted at msrp and free ship/no tax in 1 week from Melissa at Coin Taker (a well-established company). As a past CT customer, I was unaware they were a distributor until I read it in this thread.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Got the Stern I wanted at msrp and free ship/no tax in 1 week from Melissa at Coin Taker

Good for you! I did my research and also went with CT. Unfortunately I am going through hell trying to figure out where my machine is. Paid in full last Thursday, says it was shipped, no tracking anywhere. Although I'm not happy about it I know I'm not getting ripped off and they are trustworthy. Hope you are enjoying your machine!

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Good for you! I did my research and also went with CT. Unfortunately I am going through hell trying to figure out where my machine is. Paid in full last Thursday, says it was shipped, no tracking anywhere. Although I'm not happy about it I know I'm not getting ripped off and they are trustworthy. Hope you are enjoying your machine!

I should have mentioned, you have to keep after Melissa. She overextends herself and tends to lose track of details, but she does return emails and texts.

1 year later
#31 4 months ago

I've bought games from Flip N Out, Gameroom Guys, Marco and Custom Pins out of Vegas and have gotten first class service.

I'm sad and surprised to say that my recent purchase from Cointaker has been an abysmal experience. My new LZ premium is inoperable. I opened a ticket November 21st that is still "pending". I sent a follow up email that has gone unanswered. I called and left a message for a return call which has also gone unanswered. I've played my new game a total of five times in a month.

I've finally given up and am hiring an authorized Stern tech to come from Vegas next week. I'll pay him myself even though the game is under warranty.

Disappointing to say the least. I can only guess they take care of their regular customers as they have a good reputation. Melissa was awesome when I called to order the game but now apparently I'm on the pay no mind list.

One and done.

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Melissa was awesome when I called to order the game but now apparently I'm on the pay no mind list.
One and done.

I am on the 2 and done list.

#33 4 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've bought games from Flip N Out, Gameroom Guys, Marco and Custom Pins out of Vegas and have gotten first class service.
I'm sad and surprised to say that my recent purchase from Cointaker has been as abysmal experience. My new LZ premium is inoperable. I opened a ticket November 21st that is still "pending". I sent a follow up email that has gone unanswered. I called and left a message for a return call which has also gone unanswered. I've played my new game a total of five times in a month.
I've finally given up and am hiring an authorized Stern tech to come from Vegas next week. I'll pay him myself even though the game is under warranty.
Disappointing to say the least. I can only guess they take care of their regular customers as they have a good reputation. Melissa was awesome when I called to order the game but now apparently I'm on the pay no mind list.
One and done.

I use to buy from CT but have since moved on. It is such a frustrating experience buying from them with no communication unless you call and then you're basically fed misinformation which gets your hopes up. Also the support is so hit and miss when you have an issue.

It sucks because they're such nice people, but I rather someone is mean and delivers.

I've since moved on to buying anything I can from Jeff at Madpinball and I can't recommend him enough. Great communicator, fair prices and just a stand up guy. Give him a chance if you're frustrated with your current situation. It really made me realize how poor the service I was receiving was.

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I am on the 2 and done list.

Quoted from Deez:

I use to buy from CT but have since moved on. It is such a frustrating experience buying from them with no communication unless you call and then you're basically fed misinformation which gets your hopes up. Also the support is so hit and miss when you have an issue.
It sucks because they're such nice people, but I rather someone is mean and delivers.
I've since moved on to buying anything I can from Jeff at Madpinball and I can't recommend him enough. Great communicator, fair prices and just a stand up guy. Give him a chance if you're frustrated with your current situation. It really made me realize how poor the service I was receiving was.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the tracking service that they use is worthless. I'm lucky that I was home when the game arrived because the tracking number still showed that it was in a disribution center when it was delivered.

Serves me right for not going through a distro that I've bought from in the past. I've just heard good things about CT so I thought I wouldn't have a problem. Guess I was wrong.

#35 4 months ago

Update: Melissa has gotten back to me which is appreciated.

#36 4 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Noone should have to wait more than a week top's from distributors for assistance. Unless of course there's an emergency.

Hope all gets fixed asap mate!

#37 4 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Would like to hear the progress as it goes along. Sad to see issues with new games.

#38 4 months ago

Was recommended Mad Pinball (https://www.madpinball.com) by another Pinsider.

Ended up driving 12 hours to trade in a game and buy another from Jeff and Brad (both are on Pinside). Being new to pinball, was shocked at myself for being willing to drive that far for a game. Jeff and Brad gave me the confidence the awesome deal was really happening, so the trip was worth making. Everything worked out perfectly, but I didn’t have a shipping experience to attest to.

Mad Pinball is a great choice and they also put up with your parts order requests when Stern pushes back on you for trying to do it direct

#39 4 months ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Would like to hear the progress as it goes along. Sad to see issues with new games.

Update #2

Melissa is going above and beyond to rectify the situation. I'm blown away with the generosity she and Cointaker have shown. Keep in mind they probably didn't make much (if anything) on this sale to begin with, as it was deeply discounted. Cointaker is not only paying the tech to repair my pin (which they will hopefully get compensated for by Stern), but she's including a generous gift for my inconvenience.

Cointaker has a well deserved reputation as one of the best distros out there and despite my initial experience, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

#40 4 months ago

that's good to hear! i have bought from Marco, Next Level, and Spokane Pinball in the past and had great experiences with all of 'em, but none were Barrels of Fun distros when i ordered my Labyrinth so i went with Cointaker and some of the posts in this thread have me questioning my decision. i guess we'll see how it goes.

#41 4 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Update #2
Melissa is going above and beyond to rectify the situation. I'm blown away with the generosity she and Cointaker have shown....

Make this a key post for the next person they ghost.

#42 4 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Melissa is going above and beyond to rectify the situation. I'm blown away with the generosity she and Cointaker have shown. Keep in mind they probably didn't make much (if anything) on this sale to begin with, as it was deeply discounted. Cointaker is not only paying the tech to repair my pin (which they will hopefully get compensated for by Stern), but she's including a generous gift for my inconvenience.

They're great people and can be amazing to deal with. It just doesn't happen like this all the time unfortunately. Glad you got it worked out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributor-recommendation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.