4 days ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by zermeno68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 days ago

Finally got word from my other 1/2 I can buy JJP’s next game... from the schedule it looks like Might be Pat Lawlor game.. Please be Toy Story.

I’m new to asking distributors to buy a game as I’ve only bought from used market and from pinball refinery.

Am I SOL when I comes to locating a distributor to add to their CE list? I want my first JJP purchase to be a CE.

What is your recommendation for me to approach this?

Is there any distributors you recommend I contact to get on a list?

FYI, my location to the nearest distributor is over 2 hours away.

Thanks in advance.

#2 4 days ago

Call/email all of them and see whom can help you/has best price

#3 4 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Call/email all of them and see whom can help you/has best price

I disagree. While this might get you the lowest price, it's not buying you any goodwill playing distros against each other.

I like to forge a long term relationship with my vendors. When supply is tight on a product it might make the difference between getting it and missing out. And it's just good karma.

Take care of your distro and he/she will take care of you.

#4 4 days ago

Kingpingames.net or sales@kingpingames.net I can’t say enough about how great it was to purchase from my first NIB

#5 4 days ago

I don’t know of any distros in CA. But can’t go wrong with kingpin games. He is close to JJP in Chicago, and has always been very good in support of customers. He is also very knowledgeable on JJP games. Plus his brother is Eric M who works at JJP and created POTC and GNR. Not that it affects service, it’s just a cool fact.

https://www.kingpingames.net/

#6 4 days ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I disagree. While this might get you the lowest price, it's not buying you any goodwill playing distros against each other.
    I like to forge a long term relationship with my vendors....

This person is making their first buy and looking for a CE. They don't have a long term relationshop and are looking for something specific.

#7 4 days ago

Go in JJPs website when the game is released

#8 4 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This person is making their first buy and looking for a CE. They don't have a long term relationshop and are looking for something specific.

Spot on.. I’ve noticed good amount of people have commented about talking to their distributor about JJP games.

Reality is.. would be cool to establish a relationship with a distributor, but I will not be a frequent NIB purchaser. Single source income only allows so many pinball purchases while caring for a few kiddos.

So... watching the comments from GnR CE purchases, I want to try and avoid being “burned” and miss out.

Just pinging the community on what would be a good method to handle this request for the next JJP CE.

#9 4 days ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Go in JJPs website when the game is released

Would JJP ever stop? I noticed many folks who ordered through the website were successful. So, that is a good option assuming JJP continues.

I wonder if anything will change moving forward after GnR CE fiasco?

#10 4 days ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Finally got word from my other 1/2 I can buy JJP’s next game... from the schedule it looks like Might be Pat Lawlor game.. Please be Toy Story.
    I’m new to asking distributors to buy a game as I’ve only bought from used market and from pinball refinery.
    Am I SOL when I comes to locating a distributor to add to their CE list? I want my first JJP purchase to be a CE.
    What is your recommendation for me to approach this?
    Is there any distributors you recommend I contact to get on a list?
    FYI, my location to the nearest distributor is over 2 hours away.
    Thanks in advance.

Doomid is a great JJP Distro in Los Angeles, found me 3 games I was looking for just in the last week, and even is hosting outdoor pinball at his restaurant these days.

#11 4 days ago

I’m not following - contact a distributor ask to be on their list they may charge a deposit to get you on the list for JJP next CE.

Quoted from zermeno68:

Spot on.. I’ve noticed good amount of people have commented about talking to their distributor about JJP games.
    Reality is.. would be cool to establish a relationship with a distributor, but I will not be a frequent NIB purchaser. Single source income only allows so many pinball purchases while caring for a few kiddos.
    So... watching the comments from GnR CE purchases, I want to try and avoid being “burned” and miss out.
    Just pinging the community on what would be a good method to handle this request for the next JJP CE.

#12 4 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I’m not following - contact a distributor ask to be on their list they may charge a deposit to get you on the list for JJP next CE.

Yes, simple enough. Just asking the community to see any suggestions they may want to pass down.

Quoted from palmab03:

Doomid is a great JJP Distro in Los Angeles, found me 3 games I was looking for just in the last week, and even is hosting outdoor pinball at his restaurant these days.

I’ll look into this individual as I’ve never heard of him.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t know of any distros in CA. But can’t go wrong with kingpin games. He is close to JJP in Chicago, and has always been very good in support of customers. He is also very knowledgeable on JJP games. Plus his brother is Eric M who works at JJP and created POTC and GNR. Not that it affects service, it’s just a cool fact.
    https://www.kingpingames.net/

Thanks! I’m aware there’s a lot of distributors around. Nice to know whom has confirmed rapport to check out.

#13 4 days ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

I’ll look into this individual as I’ve never heard of him.

His name is Shane, he's the owner of the AYCE Gogi restaurants in Van Nuys & West Hills, which hosts the largest league in town and also launch parties for pretty much every game that comes out.

#14 4 days ago

Building long term relationship with local distributor starts with first buy . Good local distributor best long term support when in need . At least offer potential price match if looking elsewhere . Service advise and parts support some but not all benefits.

Will use example Johnny Mnemonic.
    When first released hand issues abounded and the assembly was not well understood . With good relationship sales rep might have given heads up to see how things settled out prior to purchase .

Also if a operator wanted get rid equipment on low margin game sales maybe gives you heads up on a buying opportunity.

May not be your situation but worth consideration .

Enjoy the new game ! Shane ( not the guy on west coast )

PS 2 hour drive nothing once you have become a pinball collector. ; )

#15 4 days ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Doesn't matter if its your first or fiftieth game a Good distributor relationship has to start somewhere. A good distributor will Earn your business After the sale even if its your last. Anyone can sell a game, only a few will support it. Calling 30 distributors to save a buck usually ends bad in my view. I second #kingpingames or #Flipnoutpinball personally. Always available to help, always updates me on product updates and software, asks pre-sale if I have an interest in a title without haggling with the price. They are all shipped out of Chicago for all so unless you need white glove setup, find a distributor that will serve you.

#16 3 days ago

I would highly recommend Joe at Pinball Star Amusements in PA. He has been a JJP distributor for a long time and has been great to deal with. Buy with confidence from Joe!

Good luck!
    Ed

#17 3 days ago
    Quoted from eharan:

I would highly recommend Joe at Pinball Star Amusements in PA. He has been a JJP distributor for a long time and has been great to deal with. Buy with confidence from Joe!
    Good luck!
    Ed

Joe is a good dude.

#18 3 days ago

Gary @ abel electronics. Easy transaction,excellent communications.

#19 3 days ago

Thanks all for suggestions. To me it means more coming from the community then to look at JJP distributor list.

I’ll make my list for future reference as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet Parts
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 75.00
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 159.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 7,594.00
    Pinball Machine
    Maine Home Recreation
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 93.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 7,750.00
    Pinball Machine
    Guns N' Roses (SE) Out of stock
    The Pinball Place
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside