• 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_(resized).jpeg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I sold enough shit to buy one and I need to get the show on the road. Let me know and if you need to call me my number is 832-573-4664

#2 8 years ago

Sent you a PM. For others clarity, you looking for a Premium or a Pro?

#3 8 years ago

Calling around is your best bet .

#4 8 years ago

I don't know anyone to call. I have never
Bought a new pin before except woz and I won't buy from jack again

#5 8 years ago

Jj at game exchange of Colorado has great prices but also incredible service. Best price isn't always king in case your game has an issue.

#6 8 years ago

I don't really understand the whole secret price thing. I wish people would list the best price on the web site and I could buy without talking to anyone. I've had good luck with Cointaker.

#7 8 years ago

Trent at Tilt is good too.

(740) 803-2276

#8 8 years ago

In the heat of moment i called around and no one quoted different than 6700. If somene said 6500 i would have pulled the trigger. No bs. Now ill just wait for a huo. Happy i didnt buy nib since im about 2 steps away from quitting my job.

#9 8 years ago

I also went with trent at tilt... his prices are decent. I ordered a GB premium. If not that then game exchange at Colorado.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've had good luck with Cointaker.

ding ding ding...we have a winner

#11 8 years ago
#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I don't really understand the whole secret price thing. I wish people would list the best price on the web site and I could buy without talking to anyone. I've had good luck with Cointaker.

Agree. There needs to be a Priceline or something for pinball NIB shopping. Maybe an app with latest prices and alerts for price drops. Talking on the phone is so last century.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

since im about 2 steps away from quitting my job.

Why would you quit your job? I would think working at a spa would be cool work

#14 8 years ago

If one of them begins harping on Stern's new pricing model, hang up and call the next guy.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Happy i didnt buy nib since im about 2 steps away from quitting my job.

Everyone wants to quit their job when the S&P is >2000

Everyone wants their job back when the S&P is <1000

That reminds me...

Not sure which is the shittier investment. Buying stock @ the highest levels in history or paying $6700 for the last fucking DMD

I'm sure I have a point to make in this post but it's not clear yet

#16 8 years ago

I thought Stern was setting the price now?

#17 8 years ago

I heard that Stern brought the hammer down on vendors giving discounts and lower prices. Every vendor should give you the same pricing now. I don't know if GB is the same but a pro TWD should be $4,995 and a Premium should be $6,695.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from action76:

I heard that Stern brought the hammer down on vendors giving discounts and lower prices. Every vendor should give you the same pricing now. I don't know if GB is the same but a pro TWD should be $4,995 and a Premium should be $6,695.

I think people that have been loyal to a certain distro sld get a slightly better deal than a first time buyer. I really wouldn't call it giving discounts to people but a thank you for sticking with us and making us your first choice . Not sure making all the distros equal is a good thing. I buy and sell alot of stuff and appreciate when customers stick with me ,even if there may be a time or 2 they cld go elsewhere and save a few bucks but in the end it all evens out . None of this would of happened if it wasn't for people bragging about what they got a nib pin for all over pinside or at a show. So for all of you that like to brag .......this is bc of you .

#19 8 years ago

All Stern did was set a minimum price for vendors they are still allowed to charge full msrp or higher also they can throw in extras like a shaker at there discretion I would still imagine if you are actual buddies long term buyers or high volume buyers there might be a better price totally off the record

#20 8 years ago

Give me a call tomorrow.
We are located in North Texas ( a few hours away) from you.
FUN!
972-488-9622

#21 8 years ago

I simply went to Stern's web site and pulled up the list of their distributors and called around.

#22 8 years ago

This Dude is smart. hope you get a good price

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from action76:

I was quoted similar numbers when I was looking for a GoT Pro and Premium. Well, about 2-3 weeks ago, my numbers were a few hundred less. I called around again late last week and all of my numbers were a few hundred higher (and about the same if not the exact same as the numbers you've listed).

#24 8 years ago

I put my deposit on a Premium from the Game Room Guys and the price seems to be the same as everyone else.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I thought Stern was setting the price now?

Is this true? I know one distro quoting me some super low prices last summer; but wouldn't be surprised if they started cracking down on that.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I put my deposit on a Premium from the Game Room Guys and the price seems to be the same as everyone else.

Hope you don't have any problems with your game. If so, expect some sh**y customer service from game room guys.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Is this true? I know one distro quoting me some super low prices last summer; but wouldn't be surprised if they started cracking down on that.

Stern isn't setting prices, they just set the price floor for how cheap distributors can sell at.

#28 8 years ago

Trent, JJ, Gio, or cointaker, but yeah Stern is really messing with pricing. I hope it bites Stern in the ass

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Hope you don't have any problems with your game. If so, expect some sh**y customer service from game room guys.

Who do you recommend? They were very nice taking my deposit but who wouldn't be?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Who do you recommend? They were very nice taking my deposit but who wouldn't be?

I havn't heard bad things about them. Sometimes they can be over priced is all Ive heard.. Customer Service is good.

JJ

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

BWhahahahaha.

I'm sorry man... just read that logic:

"They sure were nice as they took my money."

WTF isn't going to be (I know, I know, you said it yourself.)

I don't judge how a company treats me as they take my money; I judge them AFTER they have my money, and I have issues and how THEY handle taking care of me at that point.

Whoever does the best job on THAT - they win my business and my loyalty until they screw me.

Once again, and I'm keeping my mouth shut on my price so don't ask: the distributors are NOT offering the same prices across the board. Seriously, some of you need to Google "Pinball Distributors" or do what others have suggested by going to Stern's page and get a list and do some homework.

I will also say this: the good distributors help you out the more loyal you are to them. The ones that are quoting you the same price or HIGHER with every release are just raking you over the hot coals (if the MSRP stays the same, obviously if it increases, that is a different situation).

Yeah, I don't know all the economics, but I know enough that the company I am doing business with takes care of me, and they have my loyalty with GB Prem being the 4th NIB in a year.

#32 8 years ago

What is this "gostbusters" you spak of?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I havn't heard bad things about them. Sometimes they can be over priced is all Ive heard.. Customer Service is good.
JJ

Thanks, I am sure every distributor has their disgruntled customers but I couldn't find anything bad about them online. I thought their price was the same as everyone else and it includes FREE curbside shipping.

#34 8 years ago

I'll be buying from JJ his service after the buy made the stern problems go away. The other distributio sort of let me fight it out with stern on a know bad aux board.

#35 8 years ago

Would $5495 (before shipping) for a Pro be considered a low price, a high price, or a just right price?

#36 8 years ago

Insanely high.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Stern isn't setting prices, they just set the price floor for how cheap distributors can sell at.

My issue is that as a repeat customer, I feel like I should get a better deal then someone who has never bought before. To get quoted Stern minimum pricing is a crock.

I also feel that if I am picking the game up directly, there is no shipping to my door. That should also be reflected in the price.

Plus we all know that minimum pricing will be right out the window with the next marginal title.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

You need to stop with your Gameroom Guys bashing. I've read every single comment you've made about them and it's BS. You had one little complaint and now you spend more time trashing their reputation than you do discussing your initial issue. Imagine if someone did this to your small business and there was nothing you could do about it? Go post your original thread again because I guarantee if it were a poll Pinsiders wouldn't even put it in the top 500 of pinball distributor issues.

I have bought from Doug on 3 different occasions and would gladly do so again. Maybe if you actually called up in a civil manner and told them that the game you got didn't look new they would actually do something for you which they certainly would have.

Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Exactly JJ. Thanks for giving him some piece of mind.

#39 8 years ago

Minimum price is to be no less than $4995.00 anyone quoting less can get suspended by Stern. It is the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile.

I'd recommend Cointaker as they always put the customer first

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Minimum price is to be no less than $4995.00 anyone quoting less can get suspended by Stern. It is the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile.
I'd recommend Cointaker as they always put the customer first

Sell me your CC.

#41 8 years ago

He is selling his CC right now pm him

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

He is selling his CC right now pm him

I did, he may be one of the few who have me on ignore.

#43 8 years ago

So what are the minimum prices on the premium and LE?

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Trent, JJ, Gio, or cointaker, but yeah Stern is really messing with pricing. I hope it bites Stern in the ass

Already has. I'm out.

#45 8 years ago

I recommend JJ from GEX. They are great to deal with. Ordered my GB LE through them and got to spend some time talking with JJ while I stood in line to play GB pro at TPF. Great guy!

#46 8 years ago

5k for a pro is insane. I wish I could see the production numbers to see if the constant price hikes causes a loss of volume.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You need to stop with your Gameroom Guys bashing. I've read every single comment you've made about them and it's BS. You had one little complaint and now you spend more time trashing their reputation than you do discussing your initial issue. Imagine if someone did this to your small business and there was nothing you could do about it? Go post your original thread again because I guarantee if it were a poll Pinsiders wouldn't even put it in the top 500 of pinball distributor issues.
I have bought from Doug on 3 different occasions and would gladly do so again. Maybe if you actually called up in a civil manner and told them that the game you got didn't look new they would actually do something for you which they certainly would have.

Exactly JJ. Thanks for giving him some piece of mind.

I did call with the issue and that's when the rude and insulting customer service started.
Free country = Free speech. They were horrible(when there was a problem) and everyone else has been great.
Buying a NIB game and getting a used in the box game is a pretty big issue. Doug being an a** hole about it was the biggest issue.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

5k for a pro is insane. I wish I could see the production numbers to see if the constant price hikes causes a loss of volume.

The first step is to stop using Stern's language. Instead of "pro", "premium" and "limited edition", go with "stripped", "regular", and "regular with signature". When you put it in these terms the "regular" costs 75% more than fully featured games less than 10 years ago.

#49 8 years ago

So for the nib newb -- how does shipping usually work, is it always extra or is it free sometimes? Less if I use a distributor close by? Or do many people just pick up their game direct and drive it home? I'm assuming with shipping they work with you so you can be there to receive it?

#50 8 years ago

I heard stern has actually said the rule is distributors can't advertise below a set price. Doesn't mean they can't sell it for less but they can't post it or email it to you, must be verbal.

Reason is because of threads like this from indiscreet buyers who think it's ok to post what every distributor is selling games for...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distributers-for-gostbusters-who-has-them-and-who-has-the-best-price/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.