Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

1500 miles.
    Probably the stupidest pinball thing I have ever done! The thrill of the chase just took me over and sanity went out the window

I've had that feeling many times, but not 1500 miles worth! I'm used to long distance driving, but that kind of number would stop me in 99% of situations. I recently went 1/10 of that distance, and bought the game despite it being a little less than I expected only because I drove that far for it. But now I'm glad I did. The game cleaned up nicely, and it's not one you see very often; a Williams "Darts".

1 month later
    #37 7 years ago
    Quoted from daddyboo:

I'm from Tennessee. A guy in El Paso, TX had a bunch of games (skeeball, basketball, mostly larger redemption games). He sent me pics of all the stuff and I talked with him many times and felt pretty good about it - I planned to buy several games. So me and a friend flew out there from Nashville, TN (with a layover) with the intent of renting a truck and driving our haul back. We arrive at the place the next morning (had to stay the night in a hotel after a late flight), and all the games are in part piles scattered throughout various rooms. The only assembled games were the skeeball machines and they looked rough. He failed to tell me that the pics he had sent were from years earlier when the games were still set up in an amusement center. There was no way to know what parts went with what games, especially in the limited time we had to get the truck, get it all loaded, and hit the road. Within 15 minutes I was back on the phone booking 2 more airline tickets home, and another night in the same hotel we had just checked out of.
    Pros:
    1) I used airline credits for the flights and the hotel.
    2) I got to see a part of the country I've never been to before.
    3) I didn't have to pay for a rental truck and sit in it for 18 hours.
    Cons:
    1) Left with nothing but a story...but I still talk about it to this day.
    I was new to the hobby back then. Lessons learned.

I would have smacked the guy!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/distance-traveled-for-a-bad-machine?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.