3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by davidz121
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

back (resized).jpg
    IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
    before (resized).jpg
    Set (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidz121.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have begun to manufacture a display set to make pinball backglass wall hangings more realistic.

This set includes (4) six digit display boards, (1) 4 digit Match/BallInPlay board, and the control board. Set also includes ribbon cables and a power supply. Here is what the set includes.

Set (resized).jpgSet (resized).jpg

The display set features ports to hook up lights to scroll from 1-4 (speed adjustable), and ports for Match, Ball in Play and High Score lights that come on at the correct time (these are not included, just the port to hook them up). There is a possibility of customizing the numbers in the displays, and they can be in yellow, orange, blue, green. I just need to know if you need the smaller Match/Credit display, or the larger one.

Blue sets have the smaller digit Match/Credit board to fit Gottlieb’s. See video for specifics.

This is the before:

before (resized).jpgbefore (resized).jpg

This is the after:

IMG_0279 (resized).JPGIMG_0279 (resized).JPG

Here are the YouTube links to see the display set in action – the Orange shows all the features working, the yellow and the blue don’t have all the lights working, and just show the color or the LED Displays.

Orange

(Yes, I know the players lights are running backwards…)

Blue

Yellow

To keep the weight down, I used a piece of styrofoam to mount everything. Clear double-sided tape to mount the displays to the backglass. I'm adding GI lights next.

back (resized).jpgback (resized).jpg

I’m only going to make 10 initially, which should be ready for delivery by the end of January. These 10 are $129.00 each with $10 USPS Priority shipping (no additional shipping for additional units), runs after this will be more like $159.00. Contact me for prices on multiple units.

If you are interested, I accept PayPal only to [email protected], which protects you from this being a big hoax. Once most are paid for, I’ll get the order on the way. Any questions, I can be reached at [email protected] or (309) 287-7398. If you call leave a message because I block hang up calls to my phone, I’ll get back to you with any answers to questions you have.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

what a GREAT idea David!! These are so perfect for people's game room walls! Todd

Thanks Todd, they do look great.

Would like a few more to get these made, but will order what I have on Wednesday. Anyone that wants one please order before then. Any questions let me know.

DavidZ

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Can you add an way to have P1 show the time, P2 show the date, P3, P4 show something...not sure.
    temperature maybe? I can't think of anything useful for those displays, but having it show date/time would be pretty cool!

That is an interesting idea.

#7 3 years ago

Last call for these sets - I will order the sets I have payment for at 5PM CST this afternoon.

Dont miss out - price goes up next time around!

David

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidz121.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/display-set-for-pinball-backglass-wall-hangings?tu=davidz121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.