10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by WOLF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I have a 6 digit display for a bally game. It serves the credits, ball-in-play and match. It lights up and works for all functions, but flickers like a candle - drives me crazy! Is it possible to fix this problem. It seems to be in the display unit itself. I have a 7 digit I plugged in and it works fine, but the numbers don't line up with the glass. Can't see the ones place for credits.

#2 10 years ago

You need to resolder the connector pins on that 6 digit display.

#3 10 years ago

Wow, sounds to easy of a fix. I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks Ken.

#4 10 years ago

Hey Ken, resoldered the pins on the display. First the J pins, when that didn't work, I did the light pins. Same thing - flickers like a candle in the wind.

#6 10 years ago

Replace the 2 capacitors, C1 and C2. Also check the wiring connector that
    plugs in to the display for bad or loose wire pins. If it still flickers, then replace
    the decoder chip, U1. If you still can't get it to work or don't feel comfortable
    repairing it, you can send it to me and I'll repair or exchange it for a good one.

#7 10 years ago

Until you get the bad display fixed, put one of the player 6 digit
    displays in the credit/match spot and put the 7 digit in the player
    spot. A 7 digit display will show the correct score, it just won't
    lite the millions digit and you will have the credit display lined up.

#8 10 years ago

Ok, I'll try the C1,C2 and U1. If that doesn't work, I'll let you know. I already used a 7 digit in place of the bad display, thats why I'm pretty convinced the problem is in the 6 digit, not in the plug or wiring.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/display-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.