(Topic ID: 234921)

Display Question - Early Bally 6803 Games (Eight Ball Champ, Etc.)

By acebathound

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190201_230719 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 months ago
Quoted from acebathound:

I just want to verify that the games below all use 4x 7-digit displays and 1x 6-digit for the credit display. Seems I can then add them to the list of displays that the Pinitech UNO / Pinitech TRADITIONAL LED display sets work with.

Eight Ball Champ
Beat The Clock
Lady Luck

Only reason I'm checking here is I swear I came across a picture with one of these machines showing all 7-digit displays being used, including the credit display. There's a single Classic Stern game (Star Gazer) that I know had used 5x 7-digit displays.. otherwise the 6-digit doesn't line up with the credit display correctly.
I'm kind of a nut for trying to make sure I'm putting out correct information as much as possible, so just want to verify on the games listed above with people that own or have owned them in the past. Is the standard configuration of 4x 7-digit displays and 1x 6-digit display for the credit/match correct for each of these games?
Thanks!!

Stargazer has a 6 digit display for the credit/match - the 6 digit display lines up fine in mine. Did you mean Orbitor 1? That has 5x7 displays.

#10 10 months ago

When I bought my SG it was untouched from the factory, the factory eproms were 4x2716 with the stern labels on them. Those are long since removed from the game though and erased.

It's very possible they sent some down the line and had some alignment issues. The 6 digit on mine doesn't line up "perfectly" but since I have a greatwhich BG in it now, dunno how that compared to the original (I'd have to dig the original glass out of storage to compare).

I have noticed that lots of BG's from every manufacturer seem to have some slight variations in the alignment regarding any of the displays - nothing more than a couple sixteenths though. The one in my black knight bothers me the most though as I have to make sure to put the glass back in perfectly or the millions digit on p1 gets cut off as well as the credits.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 137.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 1,000.00
$ 12,500.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside