(Topic ID: 234921)

Display Question - Early Bally 6803 Games (Eight Ball Champ, Etc.)

By acebathound

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190201_230719 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newbieinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

What is this voodoo you speak of? LED replacements for Eight Ball Champ displays? What else am I missing out on? BTW, I already swapped in the 6116 NVRAM, so that didn't get by me...

I think I would like to get white LEDs with 4 different colors (each player has own color) and leave the credit/match white. How might I order that?

And yes, EBC Serial #764 has a 6 digit display for credit/match and 4 x 7 digits for scores.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Yep! Turns out the very early Bally 6803 games (EBC, Lady Luck, Beat The Clock) all used the same 7-digit and 6-digit displays as the Classic Bally/Stern. I kind of forgot they did that. Thanks for confirming yours as well! I didn't want to add these games to the compatibility list on my LED sets before double-checking they were a standard 7-digit setup (4x 7-digit, 1x 6-digit).
Hmm, what else? Well if your 6803 keypad is in bad shape, I have replacements for that. I actually had an EBC eons ago. And a Strange Science as well. Both had keypads that had at least one or two buttons so worn out you had to mash them a bunch of times to get the button to register.. a working keypad makes making adjustments a bit less frustrating
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-keypads-diy-kit-or-assembled

Cool, not a problem to do a different filter color for each player display like that. I'll send you a PM with some info.

I am going to hold onto that idea for a couple of weeks. I just bought the stuff I need to rebuild the high-voltage portion of the power board yesterday. I might as well see if I can get my EBC back up with what is on its way to me. Problem is, that even if I fix my problem, there are other signs that my plasma displays are getting long in the tooth. Honestly, if I would have been diligent and found your LED display upgrades three days ago, I would have already switched.

My keypad works great, so I am not in the market for one of those yet. I am glad that you offer the replacements and upgrades for my "oddball" machine. I have already enjoyed one of your upgrades (NVRAM) and will probably do business on new displays soon.

20190201_230719 (resized).jpg20190201_230719 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newbieinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/display-question-early-bally-6803-games-eight-ball-champ-etc?tu=newbieinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.