(Topic ID: 234921)

Display Question - Early Bally 6803 Games (Eight Ball Champ, Etc.)

By acebathound

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190201_230719 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 months ago

I just want to verify that the games below all use 4x 7-digit displays and 1x 6-digit for the credit display. Seems I can then add them to the list of displays that the Pinitech UNO / Pinitech TRADITIONAL LED display sets work with.

Only reason I'm checking here is I swear I came across a picture with one of these machines showing all 7-digit displays being used, including the credit display. There's a single Classic Stern game (Star Gazer) that I know had used 5x 7-digit displays.. otherwise the 6-digit doesn't line up with the credit display correctly.

I'm kind of a nut for trying to make sure I'm putting out correct information as much as possible, so just want to verify on the games listed above with people that own or have owned them in the past. Is the standard configuration of 4x 7-digit displays and 1x 6-digit display for the credit/match correct for each of these games?

Thanks!!

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from chrismcb:

Can't say anything about Beat the Clock and Lady Luck, but Eight Ball Champ uses 4 7s and 1 6. I know this because I'm having a problem with the 6 digit display, and it is sitting right here next to me.

Great, thank you!!

I think the other two are setup the same way.. IPDB pictures on Beat The Clock look like it's a 6-digit display there. Kind of looks that way on Lady Luck too. They're also low production count anyway. EBC was the main one I was concerned with since that had higher production count.

#6 10 months ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

What is this voodoo you speak of? LED replacements for Eight Ball Champ displays? What else am I missing out on? BTW, I already swapped in the 6116 NVRAM, so that didn't get by me...

Yep! Turns out the very early Bally 6803 games (EBC, Lady Luck, Beat The Clock) all used the same 7-digit and 6-digit displays as the Classic Bally/Stern. I kind of forgot they did that. Thanks for confirming yours as well! I didn't want to add these games to the compatibility list on my LED sets before double-checking they were a standard 7-digit setup (4x 7-digit, 1x 6-digit).

Hmm, what else? Well if your 6803 keypad is in bad shape, I have replacements for that. I actually had an EBC eons ago. And a Strange Science as well. Both had keypads that had at least one or two buttons so worn out you had to mash them a bunch of times to get the button to register.. a working keypad makes making adjustments a bit less frustrating

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-keypads-diy-kit-or-assembled

Quoted from newbieinKC:

I think I would like to get white LEDs with 4 different colors (each player has own color) and leave the credit/match white. How might I order that?

Cool, not a problem to do a different filter color for each player display like that. I'll send you a PM with some info.

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

Stargazer has a 6 digit display for the credit/match - the 6 digit display lines up fine in mine. Did you mean Orbitor 1? That has 5x7 displays.

Was referring to this post from a while back on Star Gazer..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/credit-display-for-stern-star-gazer-6-digit-or-7-digit

What's odd is the manual mentions 5x of the C-645 7-digit displays and no mention of 6-digit. But the backglass artwork does seem to lend itself to a 6-digit credit display.

Good call with Oribitor 1, not sure why I had that down as 5x 6-digit, but that is indeed 5x 7-digit.

On that note, if anyone wants to take a quick look through the list I have here to see if they spot anything that jumps out as wrong for the display counts, that would be helpful I'm going to run through it again myself and get these other games added.

https://www.pinitech.com/docs/ballystern_display_games.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 137.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 334.95
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside