• Latest reply 2 years ago by Gnrwarkfc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9174003-8A9A-4985-A6DE-5522DF0EA10A (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hello I currently have a Bally Rolling Stone machine. Currently the displays aren’t working. I did notice that on the credit display there’s a bit of digits showing up. I feel it’s highly likely that Ill have to replace the mpu board on this game. Currently the gi lighting is on but none of the controlled lighting. Also it’s doesn’t kick out a ball and so forth. Do you think it’s possible that if I buy a new mpu board it will resolve the displays as hopefully a lot of the other features? Thanks I’m advance.

B9174003-8A9A-4985-A6DE-5522DF0EA10A (resized).jpegB9174003-8A9A-4985-A6DE-5522DF0EA10A (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Does your MPU board have any battery leakage? High voltage section on the solenoid driver board may need attention. Do any of the coils work?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Does your MPU board have any battery leakage? High voltage section on the solenoid driver board may need attention. Do any of the coils work?

Nope no coils work.

#5 2 years ago

Also, there is a fuse underside of the playfield. Controls majority of the coils. It is near the flippers .

#6 2 years ago

Just to be clear, your problem is more than just 'the displays don't work' it's more general in that the game does not appear to be booting up. Most likely, as you surmised, an issue with the MPU. These things typically start with power so you should start by checking your power supply voltages.

Post pictures of the boards and connectors. Also, a video of the MPU LED flashing at start up would help.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Hello I currently have a Bally Rolling Stone machine. Currently the displays aren’t working. I did notice that on the credit display there’s a bit of digits showing up. I feel it’s highly likely that Ill have to replace the mpu board on this game. Currently the gi lighting is on but none of the controlled lighting. Also it’s doesn’t kick out a ball and so forth. Do you think it’s possible that if I buy a new mpu board it will resolve the displays as hopefully a lot of the other features? Thanks I’m advance.
[quoted image]

Unless your machine has been thoroughly gone through for power, connectors and other common issues that old ones have it's rarely as simple as replacing one or more boards. As was pointed out Pinwiki is great source to start.

#8 2 years ago

The game has not booted up. You need to see if the LED on the mpu board flashes when you turn on the power switch.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The game has not booted up. You need to see if the LED on the mpu board flashes when you turn on the power switch.

Nope it doesn’t. When the game is powered on you get one solid green light. I’m going to start off by replacing the caps on the solenoid driver board.

I’ve noticed a couple of weird things. The game doesn’t boot up but I did notice that one day it just randomly made the game starting sound. I also had a moment today where the flippers worked, abs then stopped.

Could someone tells me what that board does ? My understanding is it’s the board that powers the coils and the displays. Is that correct t?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/display-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.