Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    IMG_5138 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5139 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Display needed for Alley Cats

Added: 2017-01-11 03:11:41 UTC • Ended: January 16th, 2017

Price

Wanted

Hello All

I am in need of a display for my Alley Cats game. Noticed the other day that one of the segments has failed in one of the displays. Think these are HV units. Don't really want to replace all with Pinscore ones. Any help most appreciated. Thanks guys

Item photos

IMG_5139 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5138 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are GPS's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to GPS's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Mentor, OH, US

#2 7 years ago

That is not a problem with the display. Its a board problem.

#3 7 years ago

I agree with grumpy. You might be able to just reflow some solder or replace a resistor and be good. Display looks nice.

#4 7 years ago

GPS do you have a logic probe? This maybe a resistor network going bad.

#5 7 years ago

Sorry for the long delay in getting back. No I do not have a logic probe. Happy to obtain one though. Are you thinking it isnin the board the the ribbon cable from the display plugs into? I recently had the main board serviced and thatvshoikd be ok

Thank you all

G

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

No I do not have a logic probe

I think everyone that's wants to do repairs should have one.

Quoted from GPS:I recently had the main board serviced and thatvshoikd be ok

Things break...... what can you do. This problem is either CPU, ribbon cable or display driver board. You could move the display to a different position, for example swap player 3 ribbon cable with player 4 ribbon cable. Do the cable swap at the display driver board. If the ribbon cable is bad the problem will not move, but if the problem moves to the other display then its the display board or the CPU board. When you get a logic probe this will only take a few minutes to troubleshoot. I can't find a diagram for this, is this a system 11?

#7 7 years ago

Yes grumpy. It is a system 11. Doing the quick cable swap now. Standby

#8 7 years ago

Does this have six players? Does player 1 and 2 have alphanumeric displays or are all the display seven segment?

#9 7 years ago

When I swap on the display bird the ribbon cables for player 4 and 6 he problem display remains #4. The bird number is D-10749.

#10 7 years ago

Here a the scheme of that board

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

he problem display remains #4

This sounds like the ribbon cable is bad.

#12 7 years ago

If it was a display board issue when I switched the player four and player 6 ribbon connectors at the display board it should have followed the switch and player 6 display should have exhibited the same issue but it did not

#13 7 years ago

Ok what I just did was to swap ribbon cables from display 4 and connect it to display 2. The problem dis not follow to display 2. I did this right at the displays. I also found that is I gently tap on the glass display that is having issues I can get those segments to light up. Hmmm. Cold solder joints maybe. Reflow in order??

#14 7 years ago

Pushing on the actual display also results in the segments momentarily returning. A reflow is in order I believe

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Cold solder joints maybe. Reflow in order?

Yep.

#16 7 years ago

It should be pin 20 on the display.

#17 7 years ago

Thanks so much grump. Appreciate the assist.

George

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/display-needed-for-alley-cats and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.