You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

InkedIMG_2709_LI (resized).jpg
InkedIMG_2706_LI (resized).jpg
InkedIMG_2705_LI (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I just upgraded to an Alltek LED driver board and swapped out the playfield. Until last night, we have been unable to play a ball with all lights working and most displays working. That didn't last long (around 30 balls). There are a number of issues I could use some wisdom on.
1. Displays. They were not working well prior to playfield swap. Player 1 display would turn on and off, then went off completely. During self-diagnostics, Player 1 would have 1 digit display one number off sometimes, so for example, while the other four displays all showed 111111, player one would show 101111. You could see the zero change between 1 and zero sometimes. Then it might turn off. Usually, if you started a game, it would display. You would see displays flicker when you shook machine.
2. Some kind of short. My kids and I were playing a few balls, then I noticed when I hit a flippers, the lights would dim, so I started hitting them quite a bit, then all control lights stopped along with all other functions. The GI lamps stayed on. Now, when I turn machine on, the GI lights turn on, but it does not 'boot-up'. I am unable to get into self-diagnostic mode. All fuses are fine (1 on pf, 6 on rectifier board, 1 on solenoid driver/voltage reg board).
3. Same Player Shoot Again. This was showing up without even playing. It didn't happen every ball, but quite a few.
4. Left lane too small on new play field - doh! (see image).
5. Posts don't line up for several plastics. (see images) I think I should try to use the plastic as a template for new hole(s).

Thanks in advance!

InkedIMG_2705_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_2705_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_2706_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_2706_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_2709_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_2709_LI (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Sounds like a connector issue. Reseat J4 on the MPU and on the SDB.

IF the balls are getting stuck in the sides, see if the correct size posts are installed. Eight Ball has two sizes of posts - I don't have my information any more, but I think the slingshot plastics use the taller posts.

Before asking, do a search for Eight Ball posts - maybe someone has already posted which location gets which post.

#3 4 years ago

I not only searched pinside, I googled. Thanks for that. I think the lesson I am learning here, is that you should post a single issue.

#4 4 years ago

Get out the Dremel tool and rotary bit. Check your plastic and see which direction the post is hanging up on. Then take off a small bit of plastic and retry the fit. Keep taking off just a little bit until you have a loose fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 179.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/display-issues-and-everything-stopped?hl=stinkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.