(Topic ID: 171524)

Display Issue - Gottlieb System 80b

By djriel

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a weird display issue on my Gottlieb Genesis, where after boot, both display's work, but after about 10-12 seconds, the lower display goes and stays dim. It does it exactly the same and at the same time every time the game is rebooted. You can see the text on it, it's just really dim.

The board has had all caps replaced and has been tested.

The cables have been re-seated.

What else could be causing this issue?

#2 7 years ago

Just an update in case people end up running into a similar situation. It seems that there is more than 1 power line running to this display board. Reseating the connectors under the playfield (in the cabinet) have seemed to bring it back to life as it's worked the past 24 hours without an issue. So maybe one of the power lines wasn't making a great connection.

3 years later
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from djriel:

. It seems that there is more than 1 power line running to this display board. Reseating the connectors under the playfield (in the cabinet) have seemed to bring it back to life as it's worked the past 24 hours without an issue. So maybe one of the power lines wasn't making a great connection.

Hey there. I am having a similar issue. The bottom display on my TX Sector is occasionally dim. Did your issue ever come back or was it resolved?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/display-issue-gottlieb-system-80b and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.