Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Disneyland or RHCP pinball theme?”

• Disneyland - as long as it's built to keep on going up in price well after the initial release. 17 votes
      16%
    • RHCP- I want a Flea toy that bounces like no other 18 votes
      17%
    • Disneyland with RHCP music 3 votes
      3%
    • I'm more of a Dollywood and Hank Williams kind of guy myself 6 votes
      6%
    • Disneyworld under glass for me 49 votes
      47%
    • Haven't you heard? Six Flags has way better rides 11 votes
      11%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

disneysign06 (resized).jpg
    ejected01.gif
    Screenshot_2018-07-26-19-09-16-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-26-19-09-58-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-26-19-13-52-1 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    GarySternSaysDWbeatsDLbyAmile (resized).jpg
    16E7FBC4-11C4-4B45-ACD4-2F173C6B284A (resized).jpeg
    7F031F7C-22A6-4CA9-8D3A-3FA44F620018 (resized).jpeg
    knott-s-berry-farm-office (resized).jpg
    AD83528C-9B6B-420E-94B8-94BE7DB598BC (resized).jpeg
    HMM806591-613x840 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

#2 5 years ago

Told you before no one gives a shit aboot that dump Disneyland, only Disneyworld. So if it's world I'm in for that.

EDIT: No Chili Pepper shit music anywhere near whatever theme though.

EDIT2: And I want ALL the damn rides. Mr Toad, Skyway, 20K leagues (Yes yes I know it never worked(

#3 5 years ago

I'd play both, but a Disney World themed pin would be in my home collection pretty quick.

#4 5 years ago

#5 5 years ago

#6 5 years ago

Legoland is a fantastic untapped theme...and it crosses over into video gaming as well. Pinballs core 40-something demographic on down all grew up with Lego, and it's still among the most popular toy in history.

#7 5 years ago

Disneyland could be cool, but RHCP would be awful.

#8 5 years ago

Screw RHCP, I want a Faith No More pin. Mike Patton has more talent in his little finger than that whole naked gimmick band does

#9 5 years ago

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Love me some Legoland! Most relaxing day spent of them all.
    I knew I should have bought my baby daughter that $1000 lifetime pass when the one in Carlsbad opened up.

The cool thing about Lego, is that if you do the first one well and it sells... Next you can do a Castle theme, City, Star Wars, etc. Tons of opportunities with that franchise, and a quite broad appeal.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

(

Or in my house, in my car.....can't stand Red Hot Chili Peppers.

#12 5 years ago

#13 5 years ago

I don't need a full Disney Land (World) machine, but The Haunted Mansion could have been a fun theme for Spooky. Probably still could, but perhaps it would feel a bit too much like a cross between America's Most Haunted and Alice Cooper.

HMM806591-613x840 (resized).jpgHMM806591-613x840 (resized).jpg
    #14 5 years ago

#15 5 years ago

I don't need a music machine, but I'm also a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. By The Way is a good go to album.

#16 5 years ago

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But then you don't get this or Mr Toad.

Or Indiana Jones, or the GOOD Pirates Of The Caribbean.

#18 5 years ago

#19 5 years ago

I do love the custom songs for Alice Cooper. I like them quite a bit more then any of his actual songs. If I were to ever replace the songs in my Metallica, I'd try to find some instrumental backgrounds (like those). Would be really cool if those songs could have some elements from the original songs they are replacing. Probably going to start looking up various Metallica tributes.

#20 5 years ago

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Or Indiana Jones, or the GOOD Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Yep. Gotta go with Disneyland over DW.

It could be like an evolution of Comet & Cyclone. Visit different parts of the park. Ride the main rides. Sculpts for Matterhorn, the castle, etc. Why not?

#22 5 years ago

Chili Peppers all the way!! It would be nice to see a game based off of a band that's still semi relevant..

#23 5 years ago

#24 5 years ago

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

80 million albums sold says they are more than just some gimmick band.
    And the latest one made it's debut at #1 in ten different countries and has already gone platinum tells me they are more than still relevant.

Iron Maiden has sold 100 million albums and their last album topped the charts in 24 countries.

Why are Iron Maiden irrelevant yet a band like RHCP who have churned out radio friendly mainstream garbage for the last 25 years make a great theme for pinball?

I see their careers very similar to that of Metallica. They were great for the first 4 or 5 albums and then 20+ years of mediocrity.

#26 5 years ago

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Iron Maiden has sold 100 million albums and their last album topped the charts in 24 countries.

Huh really...learn something new everyday. To really move merch though you gotta be big in South 'Merica.

#28 5 years ago

No old bands, but I do vote classic Disneyland - the best.

AD83528C-9B6B-420E-94B8-94BE7DB598BC (resized).jpegAD83528C-9B6B-420E-94B8-94BE7DB598BC (resized).jpeg

#29 5 years ago

#30 5 years ago

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The cool thing about Lego, is that if you do the first one well and it sells... Next you can do a Castle theme, City, Star Wars, etc. Tons of opportunities with that franchise, and a quite broad appeal.

Make a component out of Lego Bricks and give the buyer the option to build several different variations or layouts from the same parts the way the kits do. Opens one "theme" up to a larger audience.

#32 5 years ago

Pfft! I spit on Disney! Let's make a new EM machine!

knott-s-berry-farm-office (resized).jpgknott-s-berry-farm-office (resized).jpg
    #33 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny, I didn't care or know when Iron Maiden released a new album

Fair enough but the same thing could be said about the last half dozen RHCP albums.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I still rue the day they yanked out my favorite attraction and replaced it with Small World.

You were probably one of those kids that was always rear ending the person in front of you. . .

#35 5 years ago

#36 5 years ago

#37 5 years ago

This. I love Disney World . I even got married there.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Told you before no one gives a shit aboot that dump Disneyland, only Disneyworld. So if it's world I'm in for that.
    EDIT2: And I want ALL the damn rides. Mr Toad, Skyway, 20K leagues (Yes yes I know it never worked(

#38 5 years ago

A wise man once said, “ Never talk politics, religion or the relevance or irrelevance of someone’s musical taste among friends!”

#39 5 years ago

Im in the thoughts of...
    Harry Potter or Devo?

#40 5 years ago

Disneyland vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers is most likely the oddest debate topic I have heard, ever...

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Heck, the two top pinball producing companies are already in bed with Disney, license wise.
    And Disneyland even sometimes has some of those games to play. I've seen TronLE, POTC, and even Indiana Jones there among others.

I never knew Disneyland had pinball machines.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

I never knew Disneyland had pinball machines.

Back in the 80s, they had three of the best arcades on the west coast.

Today....not so much. It is too bad they sold off all of the cool EM games and light gun games.

#43 5 years ago

We are big Disneyworld fans. Honeymooned there 11 years ago and We have Annual Passes. There are a lot of pinball machines at the Disney resorts. I play a lot when my girls are taking a nap during the day. There used to be several in the arcade at Space Mountain but they got rid of the arcade.
    I put some serious time into a Tron and Pirates of the Caribean one year we stayed for 2 weeks at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
    I saw in some new YouTube videos that they have Star Wars at the resorts now, couldn't tell if it was the pro or premium.
    Pretty sure I'm going to be playing one within a few hours of checking in.
    The real fun part is the replay levels are usually set so low I get a free game at least every other game so I can play quite a bit for very cheap.
    They used to have a lot in downtown Disney at DisneyQuest but that has been closed and since it was all on freeplay they were real beat up. Most of them at the resorts are in pretty good shape. One had some issues one year so the first day I told them about it and someone came out and fixed it right up.
    I would love a Disney World pinball, so much potential there.
    One of the reasons my first pinball was Comet is my family loves the theme park theme.

#44 5 years ago

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A few sort years ago they had an entire re-creation of Flynn's arcade in Ca. Adventure complete with many early video games and last I remember a Whirlwind I played there. All one quarter a play.
    The custom Indiana Jones game with the wood trim may still be there or not, but it is pinside famous.

Still there. It goes away from time to time for upkeep/shop job, but it's there.

#46 5 years ago

I’d be up for a RHCP pin. Or even a The Cult pin.

#47 5 years ago

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Still there. It goes away from time to time for upkeep/shop job, but it's there.

Confirmed as of April anyway...

7F031F7C-22A6-4CA9-8D3A-3FA44F620018 (resized).jpeg7F031F7C-22A6-4CA9-8D3A-3FA44F620018 (resized).jpeg
    #49 5 years ago

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That thing's probably got well over a million plays on it by now.
    I really liked the old Main Street penny arcade back in the day. They didn't have any flipper pinball games, but there were a couple of bingos. I usually played the pitch and bats as they had several and a couple real cool old school ones.
    I think there was another arcade by Bear Country with pinball and of course the Space Mountain arcade in the 70s and 80s. Most recently there is still a smaller arcade outside Space Mountain that had POTC, TronLE, and a Cyclone at various times.

I really miss the old ray o lite gun games that were in one of the frontierland shops. Still kicking myself for passing on a complete working unit for 300 bucks a few years back.

The arcade in Bear Country was called Teddy Barra's Swingin Arcade. They had newer pins there, and custom modified mannequin games there as well.

Sure do miss those.

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disneyland-or-red-hot-chili-peppers-pinball-theme?hl=avh7401 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.