Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Disney_World.JPG
    trondisney.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

I just got back from Disney World myself, and while I can't say that I was seeking out pinball machines, I always enjoy walking through the arcades to see what is new and what people are playing. The resort (Art of Animation) also gave me "100 points" for free (AKA $2.00) for staying, so I figured I'd play some Tron pinball since it was at the resort.

Got the GC score and more than doubled the second score (around 85 mil). Some would whine that the left flipper was weak. I played on route for years and didn't mind at all, made it more of a challenge. Managed to get to Portal I think, wasn't paying a ton of attention.

I also saw the pins in the Contemporary when my son was going to the bathroom, and to entice him to actually go I told him I'd walk with him through the arcade. He's three. They had a Tron, POTC and Elvis, all clearly recently shopped. I was particularly surprised to see an LED in the recognizer in the TRON, a mod that someone did to the game themselves - looked good. For all the complaints that people have about these not being taken care of, I was pleasantly surprised that there were people almost constantly on the pins that I saw. (Contemporary had three people on their pins 100% of the time we were there every time I walked by, which was more than an hour of time). Try taking any one of your pins and running it with someone playing it non-stop for 4 hours a day, seven days a week... without opening it to tweak any issues that arise. I think you'd be surprised to find that they actually do an outstanding job there of keeping them up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-world-pinball?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.