Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Disney_World.JPG
    trondisney.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hi all me and my wife are in Disney for the week and it has been my mission to find pinball machines to play at Disney so here we go.We are at Port Orleans Riverside the Arcade here has a SWEP1,Tron Pro,POTC.(None of these are in great shape and barely playable if you ask me).Ok up next Magic Kingdom only ones that I found were in the Arcade/Gift shop at Space Mountain a IJ4,POTC.(IJ4 completely out of order and POTC playable but not great).OK the best for last was at Downtown Disney at Disney Quest on the 5th floor they had POTC,TFLE Combo,Avatar LE,Xmen Pro,IM,Avengers LE Blue,Tron Pro,Rolling Stones.(I will go into some detail on these ones I will start by saying I was so excited to play Avengers but the tesseract cube was completely missing from the top of the spinning mechanisim,Hulk drop targets not working and the hulk was not working properly either.Ok to make a long story short all games were not leveled properly and just ok the most playable was the Xmen Pro).The good part about Disney Quest was we had a free admission voucher with our vacation package and got in free all games are on free play.It normally costs $45.00 per adult.Any specific questions about games I will try my best to answer any questions.Thanks Fellow Pinsiders.

#2 10 years ago

Pretty Cool Scarpie. The last time I was there I played a POTC and, shockingly, I played a kick butt game on it. The pin was in decent shpe and I really liked the overall feel of the pin. It's a shame so many pins in the wild are not kept in the best of shape.

#3 10 years ago

There is an absolutely mint tron pro at The Polynesian too.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

I will never for the life of me understand the need to search out pinball machines in a place that offers so many other distractions.

A conversation overheard in Heaven :

God: "Welcome to Heaven my son."
    Pinhead: "Thanks, but...uh...where are the pins at ?"

#5 10 years ago

Some of us go to WDW so often that we're looking for something different.

#6 10 years ago

Ya know - if I go to Disneyworld - I ain't going to spend my time looking/playing pinball machines.

#7 10 years ago

Agree, didn't have the kidos with me when I was there for a conference. I hit up the arcade when we got back to the resort at night...Contemporary Resort Arcade.

#8 10 years ago

Kids can barely make it on their feet to the room after a day at Disney. Daddy needs a drink and a pin he has not played cause he deserves a magical time too

#9 10 years ago

Only so many things to do at Disney for adults.I live in Maryland and there is next to no pinball machines to play on location and I am going to get my next pin soon so I like to see what is out there.(It also has rained here in Florida the past 2 days).Thanks for your opinions schmoo and Methos but I don't care.I was mainly posting this to help others find pinball at Disney.

#10 10 years ago

I also do not have many locations around. Really looking foward for that Vegas trip
    But it's good to know Disney have a few around and they respected their themes. Tron, Marvel, Pirates of the C. Big surprise to hear some pins have taken a beating. Everything is so imaculate there I'm in shock. Everyone smiles (hard to see these days from employees), no trash or papers on the floor. There is a flaw with that place afterall. To the uneducate eye pins are okay but not for a pinhead hehehe. Have fun.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scarpie:

Only so many things to do at Disney for adults.

If you have no more machines to try........... 2 words

PLEASURE ISLAND, downtown Disney

#12 10 years ago

Must be Florida not California ?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Thanks Darth_Chris I will check that out if I get a chance.Have a good one and I appreciate the good feedback.BTW,The machines were not completely unplayable but I guess when you have your own machines that you are used to playing on and have dialed in they don't live up to expectations.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Must be Florida not California ?

Yes Florida,why are there no pins at the one in Cali?

#15 10 years ago

Sorry watching hockey, as I see now u guys are talking about Florida....my bad.
    Disneyland in California has ONE machine . That's it, between both parks , California Adventure and Disneyland. It's a Well used Indiana Jones across from the rides entrance in the gift shop. Pretty beat up in my opinion. It does have a great custom cabinet .

#16 10 years ago

As of a few weeks ago The Contemporary has 3.... Tron and POTC (both looked like they were in great shape) and an Elvis that was turned off. Didn't play any though, only stopped by for lunch and decided to duck in the arcade just to see what they had. The Space Mountain arcade had four back in October (POTC, IJ, SWE1, Elvis) all of which were in pretty bad shape. I played IJ and kept getting replays which ticked me off since there are much better things to do out there...I can play pretty much all of these back home in Chicago!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scarpie:

I was mainly posting this to help others find pinball at Disney.

A lofty goal perhaps, but this topic has been covered quite recently.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinball-at-disney-world

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Pleasure island has been closed for years . It's just restaurants and shops now . If you want the best pins they are generally in resorts . I used to work at Disney for 15 years but got tired of the bullshit . Good luck on your search

2 weeks later
    #19 10 years ago

I just got back from Disney World myself, and while I can't say that I was seeking out pinball machines, I always enjoy walking through the arcades to see what is new and what people are playing. The resort (Art of Animation) also gave me "100 points" for free (AKA $2.00) for staying, so I figured I'd play some Tron pinball since it was at the resort.

Got the GC score and more than doubled the second score (around 85 mil). Some would whine that the left flipper was weak. I played on route for years and didn't mind at all, made it more of a challenge. Managed to get to Portal I think, wasn't paying a ton of attention.

I also saw the pins in the Contemporary when my son was going to the bathroom, and to entice him to actually go I told him I'd walk with him through the arcade. He's three. They had a Tron, POTC and Elvis, all clearly recently shopped. I was particularly surprised to see an LED in the recognizer in the TRON, a mod that someone did to the game themselves - looked good. For all the complaints that people have about these not being taken care of, I was pleasantly surprised that there were people almost constantly on the pins that I saw. (Contemporary had three people on their pins 100% of the time we were there every time I walked by, which was more than an hour of time). Try taking any one of your pins and running it with someone playing it non-stop for 4 hours a day, seven days a week... without opening it to tweak any issues that arise. I think you'd be surprised to find that they actually do an outstanding job there of keeping them up.

#20 10 years ago

I was there a few months ago (free admission as well) and the Avengers played pretty nice. Ironically, it was the only game not being played by all the kiddies. I had a feeling that they don't really service them.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from schmoo:

I will never for the life of me understand the need to search out pinball machines in a place that offers so many other distractions.
    A conversation overheard in Heaven :
    God: "Welcome to Heaven my son."Pinhead: "Thanks, but...uh...where are the pins at ?"

Distractions, read: 10% mediocre rides from the 80's, 90% useless shit to buy.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Disneyland in California has ONE machine . That's it, between both parks , California Adventure and Disneyland. It's a Well used Indiana Jones across from the rides entrance in the gift shop. Pretty beat up in my opinion. It does have a great custom cabinet .

Three. There's a Tron LE and a Cyclone in the Starcade near the exit of Space Mountain.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Some of us go to WDW so often that we're looking for something different.

Same here. Will be staying at the Beach Club in September for our yearly two weeks in Walt Disney World. 20th time which works out roughly as having spent 10 months on-site.

Always pinballs in the resorts, mainly Tron and Pirates.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

There's a TRON LE and a Cyclone

And the Cyclone is actually pretty nice!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scarpie:

Only so many things to do at Disney for adults.I live in Maryland and there is next to no pinball machines to play on location and I am going to get my next pin soon so I like to see what is out there.(It also has rained here in Florida the past 2 days).Thanks for your opinions schmoo and Methos but I don't care.I was mainly posting this to help others find pinball at Disney.

There are location pins to play in MD.

http://www.fspazone.org/ladb/ladb.pl

I recommend Volleyball House in Elkridge, and Town Hall in College Park.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Disneyland in California has ONE machine .

They used to have a row of EM pitch and bats and a couple of woodrail bingo machines. The bingo pins just didn't do it for me, but I dropped a lot of dimes in the baseball games.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

There are 3 machines in Disneyland in CA. Edit: missed the post above.

#28 10 years ago

There is a tron le

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Evoga:

Same here. Will be staying at the Beach Club in September for our yearly two weeks in Walt Disney World. 20th time which works out roughly as having spent 10 months on-site.

OOOH! Beach Club rocks! That is our favorite hotel on earth.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Newsom:

There are location pins to play in MD.
    http://www.fspazone.org/ladb/ladb.pl
    I recommend Volleyball House in Elkridge, and Town Hall in College Park.

Thanks Newsom,I will check out those locations.

#31 10 years ago

Here's Cyclone and Tron LE in the Starcade at Disneyland last month!

trondisney.jpgtrondisney.jpg

#32 10 years ago

I was at Downtown Disney, Orlando 2 years ago and specifically went on the hunt for the pinball machines in Disney Quest.
    They were right up on the 7th (?) floor and took some finding, even after asking for directions from staff. The rest of the place was busy with kids and adults alike.
    I don't remember all of the machines but do remember POTC, SM, CSI and Tron and possibly 3 or 4 others. They were all in pretty rough shape and kids would walk up to them press start a dozen or so times until they realised the ball was waiting to be launched and then play one or 2 balls before walking away leaving the machine with balls to play, and go and play a video game which was easier to understand.
    I ended up playing on one machine and launching the balls on the machine either side of me so they would be ready to play.
    Photo is from The Magic Kingdom, not a single person came anywhere near any of the machines while I was there, and I played each machine at least once.

It seems that even when the machines are out on site (which is very uncommon in the UK) people, especially kids, aren't playing them.

Disney_World.JPGDisney_World.JPG

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Kids can barely make it on their feet to the room after a day at Disney. Daddy needs a drink and a pin he has not played cause he deserves a magical time too

We visited WDW last year and stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They had a IJ4 and Dale Jr at the time. At the end of the day, I would "volunteer" to go down to the lobby shop to get our free refills for our $20 mugs. As the arcade was on the same route, I would stop in for a few games to unwind from the tiring day at the parks.

Nothing wrong with taking some "me" time on vacation. The wife (shopping) and the kids (rides/toys/etc) aren't shy about getting something for themselves, so why not.

#34 10 years ago

Just got back from Universal Orlando.
    Both parks had one pin. Shrek.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

Here's Cyclone and TRON LE in the Starcade at Disneyland last month!

Quoted from pzy:

Here's Cyclone and TRON LE in the Starcade at Disneyland last month!

Cool thanks for the info, we are there at Disneyland at least once a year.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Evoga:

2 weeks at the Beach Club?

that has to run you thousands!

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Evoga:

Wow 2 weeks yearly. I was there two days and had my fill but I guess with kids it is more for them.

#38 10 years ago

You guys should check out Cow Lick's in Daytona, they have SS, MB, SWEP1, Bally HD, and they recently added RFM. Games are in great working condition. Give them a spin and support the place, and don't forget to get food/ice cream!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-world-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.