(Topic ID: 351380)

Disney Thread - Welcome to the World of Disney!

By marioparty34

78 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many of the 12 Disney Parks have you been to?”

• None 18 votes
      15%
    • 1-3 46 votes
      39%
    • 4-6 45 votes
      38%
    • 7-9 6 votes
      5%
    • 9-12 2 votes
      2%

(117 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7605 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7416 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7415 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7410 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7419 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7417 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7424 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7428 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7427 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2190 (resized).jpeg
    seaworl2 (resized).jpg
    super-nintendo-world (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240308_013714645 (resized).jpg
    There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 67 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For dessert, stop at Scat’s Cat and get the banana foster beignets with a side of vanilla ice cream.

Been there. It’s a hidden gem at port orleans. They have the ones you can inject with booze as well.

At Universal right now. Since it is their Mardi Gras celebration beignets are everywhere. Cold and rainy here. Waiting for the movie theater to open so I can get inside and dry out for a couple of hours.

#252 67 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Been there. It’s a hidden gem at port orleans. They have the ones you can inject with booze as well.
    At Universal right now. Since it is their Mardi Gras celebration beignets are everywhere. Cold and rainy here. Waiting for the movie theater to open so I can get inside and dry out for a couple of hours.

Their February special is banana foster in the cafe.

At the lounge this month, you can get a Berry Beignet: Mixed berry compote, house made Uncle Nearest Whiskey caramel sauce, and powder sugar served with a pipette of Uncle Nearest Whiskey.

In January, I had the Hot Chocolate Beignets.

This past October, they had cookies & cream beignets with marshmallow dipping sauce. I arrived Nov. 2 and they weren't carrying it anymore. This year coming up, I fly down either Oct. 30 or 31, so I'm hoping they have that style come October. I tried their pumpkin spice beignet....it tastes just like the normal ones....the cast member warned me too before getting it.

A Month ago, I tried the Grape Beignets in Disneyland.....yuck!!!

#253 67 days ago

My only go to food in Disneyland is buying a pickle in frontier land from one of the carts. Don’t know why they don’t have them here in Florida.

#254 66 days ago

My wife got some good news yesterday. I chose to celebrate by buying us annual passes to WDW. Going to be a fun year!

#255 66 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Please report back with one food recommendation for Universal. Going to be taking a trip sometime in the next few months with the wife.

I was in Orlando for a work training a few weeks ago and went to universal area (like Disney springs outside the part) and had a place called Big Fire. Was a steakhouse, very good food and drinks. The steaks and food was a churasco style grilling.

#256 66 days ago

I just saw that Frushi is returning for the flower and garden festival!!!!!

#257 66 days ago

Don’t think I will ever return to a Disney park. My grandkids don’t know any of the characters.

Hershey Park works fine for me and Knoebels is even better with their free admission.

#258 66 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just saw that Frushi is returning for the flower and garden festival!!!!!

Still haven’t tried it. Where is it located? Outside of Japan in the world showcase I assume?

#259 66 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Still haven’t tried it. Where is it located? Outside of Japan in the world showcase I assume?

It’s in the Japan area along the water.

Outside test track, that food booth has Avocado toast and fruit loops shake. Another 2 favorites of mine as well.

The Frushi goes down so easily. I have 3 partial days in Epcot planned on my trip. I’ll easily get 2 of them each day.

#261 66 days ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Don’t think I will ever return to a Disney park. My grandkids don’t know any of the characters.
    Hershey Park works fine for me and Knoebels is even better with their free admission.

If they are little look into the local great wolf lodge.

#262 66 days ago

Highlights of my upcoming trip:

3 half days at Epcot
    1 full day at MGM
    1 full day and 1 half day at Magic Kingdom. Doing the Keys to Kingdom Tour.
    1 full day at Animal Kingdom. Doing Wild Africa Trek Tour.
    Springtime Surprise Challenge

I'll hit Guardians 6 times. I should be at the hotel no later than noon and be in Epcot by 1pm to get the virtual Guardians. I'm not sure if I should hit the 7am boarding group. Are they good on letting people on late? On Thursday, I should be back from the Expo no later than 11. If for some reason I am an extremely early group number for Guardians, I'll do expo later in the day. My last day there, I'll hit Guardians twice again.

Restaurants for dinner:

Tutto Italia Ristorante: I haven't eaten there since the 80's.
    Ale & Compass: If I did have dinner there, it wouldn't have been since the early 90's.
    Coral Reef: I don't ever remember eating there before.
    Whispering Canyon: Love the breakfast there, but this is first time I'm trying the dinner.
    Cinderella Castle: First time going.
    Sanaa: Love this place. So hard to choose between Tiffins, Jiko, Yak & Yeti and Sanaa.
    Enzo's Hideaway: I think this is better than their main restaurant.

Every trip, I try to do new things. Got to keep it fresh.

#263 65 days ago

I honestly don't know how you do it this often.
    Food portion size reduced, while the price is greatly increased.
    Admission to the park at an all time high in cost, with large crowds. You have to micromanage everything with that stupid app, at an additional cost too.

Gone are the days where you went to the parks, went wherever you liked and had one line for everyone.

Subjectively the content has been horrifically modified too.

But…please have a wonderful and magical experience

#264 65 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Admission to the park at an all time high in cost, with large crowds. You have to micromanage everything with that stupid app, at an additional cost too.
    Gone are the days where you went to the parks, went wherever you liked and had one line for everyone.

I don't experience the admission shock quite as much as everyone. I'm a resident annual pass holder. We get a discount for renewal each year. For my wife and I, we have them because almost every friend and relative that comes to central Florida is going to Disney and/or Universal. We crunched the numbers at one point and figured it worked out to about $30-$35 per person per visit with our annual pass with as much as we visit.

Unrestricted park hopping is back, so that is a plus.

I do agree that the Genie Plus is a Chapek's crappy cash grab, and in practice doesn't work all that well even if you do buy it.

I liked the old fast pass system. I think it was well understood, and was pretty fair especially when they cracked down on the mobility scooters that were getting a virtually unlimited fast pass. From a financial view, I thought it made sense for Disney to keep people out in the park potentially buying things, rather than being stuck in a line for 2 hours.

#265 65 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm not sure if I should hit the 7am boarding group. Are they good on letting people on late?

They are pretty relaxed. The only one I have heard that isn't quite to lenient is Tron.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Cinderella Castle: First time going.

Expensive, but the prix fix meal we had for a niece's birthday was good. It's a princess meet and greet, so it is fun for the little ones. I wouldn't go if it is just adults in the party.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Enzo's Hideaway: I think this is better than their main restaurant.

Try Via Napoli - The only decent pizza left in all of Disney World

#266 65 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I have the annual pass. That saves me a ton right there. I get discounts sometimes on hotels and all the time for shopping and restaurants.

I go to run the races. If it wasn’t for that, I would not go as often as I do.

January - Dopey Challenge (5k, 10k, half marathon and full marathon)
    April - Springtime Surprise (5k, 10k and 10 mile)
    November - Wine & Dine races (5k, 10k and half marathon)

For hotels, I mainly stay at Coronado or Port Orleans. If there’s a good enough discount, I’ll upgrade. April 2019, I did the Polynesian. April 2022, I did animal kingdom lodge with Savannah view. This April, I’m doing Wilderness Lodge.

For flights, I’m very fortunate being able to use Newark. There’s so many flights to choose from to get to/from Orlando. My flight cost has never been outrageous or even mildly expensive.

For food, I only do sit down dinners. I skip breakfast (only do breakfast for dopey races for fuel). Lunch is popcorn and water. Lots of times, I’m eating snacks from the snack box they hand out after the races.

I only use Genie+ at certain times.

When I’m there for Dopey, I go in the parks and just walk around, do a couple rides and shows. I’m not rushing to get from one to the next.

In April and November, I’m rushing to get from one thing to the next. If I don’t hit something this trip, I’ll get it on the next one.

I very much miss the days of walking in the park and going either left or right. I don’t like running from space mountain, to big thunder, to tron, to splash mountain, to seven dwarfs, to pirates, to buzz Lightyear, to Peter Pan….

I rope drop as much as I can, so I can get as much done in one day. But I don’t view rope drop as a chore, I love getting there early and staying late.

Sleeping late at Disney? Only did it once. January 2020, ran the dopey. Marathon at finish was sunny, 85 and 95% humidity. Next morning, I was up at 6am. Goal was to get to MGM first thing, back then, to get the virtual for rise of resistance, you had to be in the park. I laid back down, said to myself “5 more minutes.” 5 hours later at 10am, I finally woke up.

For full disclosure, I can’t go away on vacation and lay on a beach all day. That drives me insane.

#267 65 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

They are pretty relaxed. The only one I have heard that isn't quite to lenient is Tron.

Expensive, but the prix fix meal we had for a niece's birthday was good. It's a princess meet and greet, so it is fun for the little ones. I wouldn't go if it is just adults in the party.

Try Via Napoli - The only decent pizza left in all of Disney World

I’ve never done Cinderella’s before and I have a 24 year old going who loves getting her pictures with the characters.

Via Napoli, I’m assuming is the one all the way in the rear of Italy in Epcot.

#268 65 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’ve never done Cinderella’s before and I have a 24 year old going who loves getting her pictures with the characters.

We had a chance to do Cinderellas, and hesitated for 1 minute.

It was gone when we checked again.

#269 65 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yeah, that's it. I haven't been to Tutto in years, but Via Napoli makes it into our rotation regularly. I recommend the prosciutto and melon pizza -- sounds weird as hell, but it's fantastic.

#270 65 days ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Yeah, that's it. I haven't been to Tutto in years, but Via Napoli makes it into our rotation regularly. I recommend the prosciutto and melon pizza -- sounds weird as hell, but it's fantastic.

I never look for pizza when on vacation. Where I live, we have the best pizza in the country. The benefit of being Italian and living in a very Italian area.

#271 65 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I never look for pizza when on vacation. Where I live, we have the best pizza in the country. The benefit of being Italian and living in a very Italian area.

Nice! Yeah, in that case I'd stick with your plan. The entrees at Via Napoli are good too, but the main draw is definitely the pizza.

#272 65 days ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Nice! Yeah, in that case I'd stick with your plan. The entrees at Via Napoli are good too, but the main draw is definitely the pizza.

I will try a slice for lunch.

Until the other day, I had no idea Disney sold slices.

#273 64 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Don't let the Greeks hear that. They consider pizza cultural misappropriation by the Italians (Naples was founded as a Greek city).

Without kicking off too much of a pizza debate, it's the really the benefit of being American living where you do in America with generations of immigrant influences that you have to thank for what we think of as good pizza. Fun fact - spaghetti and meatballs is more American than apple pie. So is corned beef and cabbage. Look it up.

Pizza in Italy is very different thing than American pizza, and tastes nothing like the pizza you get in NYC /Tri-State area (hint - the water in Italy is all wrong to get that dough, it is too hard). Italian pizza is generally smaller, thinner, with more sparse toppings and sauce, and very little cheese if any. Italians think of American pizza as a flat bread with too many toppings.

Via Napoli if a wood fired pizza. It's more traditional Italian than NYC pizza, but still very good. The sauce is fresh and flavorful which makes the margherita pizza a worth while stop.

#274 64 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Don't let the Greeks hear that. They consider pizza cultural misappropriation by the Italians (Naples was founded as a Greek city).

Without kicking off too much of a pizza debate, it's the really the benefit of being American living where you do in America with generations of immigrant influences that you have to thank for what we think of as good pizza. Fun fact - spaghetti and meatballs is more American than apple pie. So is corned beef and cabbage. Look it up.
    Pizza in Italy is very different thing than American pizza, and tastes nothing like the pizza you get in NYC /Tri-State area (hint - the water in Italy is all wrong to get that dough, it is too hard). Italian pizza is generally smaller, thinner, with more sparse toppings and sauce, and very little cheese if any. Italians think of American pizza as a flat bread with too many toppings.
    Via Napoli if a wood fired pizza. It's more traditional Italian than NYC pizza, but still very good. The sauce is fresh and flavorful which makes the margherita pizza a worth while stop.

When I was in Italy, some of the pizza I had was amazing.

Outside Naples, I went to this one place where the whole staff was in tuxedos…..did I mention it was just pizza on the menu? The pizza would come out on this fancy cart. Was awesome.

Outside of Rome, I tried this other place where you order 4 different toppings. 1/4 of the pizza had each topping you chose. The pizza was probably a 10’’ pie. I remember one of my toppings being salami, it was like 3” high (the salami wasn’t compacted on it). Was really good.

I know not pizza, but the best gelato I had was right outside the Vatican.

#275 64 days ago

Speaking of the Italian pavilion, whenever I pass it during the races, a couple Italians who work there hold the Italian flag and cheer us on.

When I run past them, I should out “Viva Italia!”

#276 64 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When I was in Italy, some of the pizza I had was amazing.
    Outside Naples, I went to this one place where the whole staff was in tuxedos…..did I mention it was just pizza on the menu? The pizza would come out on this fancy cart. Was awesome.
    Outside of Rome, I tried this other place where you order 4 different toppings. 1/4 of the pizza had each topping you chose. The pizza was probably a 10’’ pie. I remember one of my toppings being salami, it was like 3” high (the salami wasn’t compacted on it). Was really good.
    I know not pizza, but the best gelato I had was right outside the Vatican.

The worst pizza, bar none, I have ever had was in Rome. Outside the Vatican is a real crap shoot for food since it's a tourist trap, much like all of Venice. The food by the Spanish steps was leaps and bounds better. The food I've had in Naples has been good, but not the best Italian food I have ever had.

Best food city I have ever been to was Madrid. Some of the best meals of my life have been there.

#277 64 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have the annual pass. That saves me a ton right there. I get discounts sometimes on hotels and all the time for shopping and restaurants.
    I go to run the races. If it wasn’t for that, I would not go as often as I do.
    January - Dopey Challenge (5k, 10k, half marathon and full marathon)
    April - Springtime Surprise (5k, 10k and 10 mile)
    November - Wine & Dine races (5k, 10k and half marathon)
    For hotels, I mainly stay at Coronado or Port Orleans. If there’s a good enough discount, I’ll upgrade. April 2019, I did the Polynesian. April 2022, I did animal kingdom lodge with Savannah view. This April, I’m doing Wilderness Lodge.
    For flights, I’m very fortunate being able to use Newark. There’s so many flights to choose from to get to/from Orlando. My flight cost has never been outrageous or even mildly expensive.
    For food, I only do sit down dinners. I skip breakfast (only do breakfast for dopey races for fuel). Lunch is popcorn and water. Lots of times, I’m eating snacks from the snack box they hand out after the races.
    I only use Genie+ at certain times.
    When I’m there for Dopey, I go in the parks and just walk around, do a couple rides and shows. I’m not rushing to get from one to the next.
    In April and November, I’m rushing to get from one thing to the next. If I don’t hit something this trip, I’ll get it on the next one.
    I very much miss the days of walking in the park and going either left or right. I don’t like running from space mountain, to big thunder, to tron, to splash mountain, to seven dwarfs, to pirates, to buzz Lightyear, to Peter Pan….
    I rope drop as much as I can, so I can get as much done in one day. But I don’t view rope drop as a chore, I love getting there early and staying late.
    Sleeping late at Disney? Only did it once. January 2020, ran the dopey. Marathon at finish was sunny, 85 and 95% humidity. Next morning, I was up at 6am. Goal was to get to MGM first thing, back then, to get the virtual for rise of resistance, you had to be in the park. I laid back down, said to myself “5 more minutes.” 5 hours later at 10am, I finally woke up.
    For full disclosure, I can’t go away on vacation and lay on a beach all day. That drives me insane.

Allegiant out of Allentown Most flights to Sanford, soon operating to MCO. Also their pilots are the best!

#278 64 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Allegiant out of Allentown Most flights to Sanford, soon operating to MCO. Also their pilots are the best!

Beats the crap out of Frontier and Spirit

#279 64 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Beats the crap out of Frontier and Spirit

I did Spirit round trip a couple weeks ago. On the flight back, I upgraded to their “first class”. I don’t exactly know what to call it. It was just the first 2 rows with the extra wide seats.

I did like how the aisle was extra wide……but that leads to extra narrow seats…..

I am doing United in April.

#280 64 days ago

Frontier and spirit are a couple of my favorites!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #281 64 days ago

Just got back last night. Friday at FOA was really cool (first time at that festival) and honestly a lot of repeat food from the Festival of the Holidays. Or maybe it just didn't seem unique enough to go crazy on. All the art was really neat and we bought a couple prints. One a few of the booths actually had AP discount!

Skyliners were broke down a few times over the weekend which was lame, because we specifically stayed at Pop this time to utilize them.

Saturday and Sunday rained all day both days. It was actually pretty awesome, cause if you come prepared, have warm clothes, and rain gear, the parks don't stay that busy. Saturday was our first ever eat in (have had many quick service stops) at Yak and Yeti, which if you are into pan-Asian ethnic seasoned food, recommend. We'll for sure book there again. Sunday was the best, hit all the big rides at MK and they still did the Happily Ever After sans Tink.

Monday was actually a bust. HS was our pick for the half day before driving home and it was packed! We did Star Tours with a 20 min wait.... that was it. All the big rides were 100+ min wait. Being AP helps you not care as much and you just leave, since we visit enough that we do get to ride everything. And since it was still early we just headed over to the Character Warehouse and grabbed some probably not needed discount merch.

Seen a few posts about Cinderella's Royal Table. We've eaten there for breakfast and dinner in the last year. The food is good, but can be off putting to some peoples palate. Honestly I feel that's how all Disney cuisine is. For the price IMO, it's more about the experience on this one. Did our son like it, meh, but our daughter loved it!
    Yes they have Casey's Corner and stuff like that, but they have very elevated food that's so awesome. I think that's why we like Epcot festivals and the expensive dining, because the food is so good. We've eaten at almost every character dining and those are also hit and miss

1 week later
    #282 55 days ago

My wife is at Disneyland for work. She said the Indiana Jones flipper is fixed. Replay must be low, she said she achieved it on her first game. I know the Tron at Pop Century was at 5k and I got lots of free games.

IMG_2594 (resized).jpegIMG_2594 (resized).jpeg
    #283 55 days ago

Glad to see they’re still taking care of the damn thing. I wonder how many lifetime plays it has

#284 55 days ago

following

#285 55 days ago

So I was just in Orlando for work and my coworker had complimentary tickets to Disney. We ended up going to Epcot to check it out. I am just so confused how people can afford to go to Disney anymore.
    I was looking into scheduling a family trip there next year but the prices are so insane I just can't stomach it for what you get.

Is there something that I'm missing? I checked out getting a 3 day 1 park pass and on the off-season it comes out to costing me around $800 each day for my family of 5.

That's without any food or lodging or flights.

I hadn't been to Disney in 10 years and it's changed so much from I remember. I didn't really know about the genie + system so every ride except spaceship earth was over and hour wait.

We drank around the world which was fun but $20 for a tiny drink is outrageous.

We ended up riding spaceship earth when we first entered the park and the wait was only like 10 mins and it was exactly as I had remembered it. The only other ride we went on was test track and the wait was an hour and a half. It was a pretty lame attraction. Maybe my 5 year old would've found it thrilling..

It kinda took the wind out of my sails because I've been waiting for my kids to get to a perfect age to take them. I just can't justify the cost for the experience. I'm just not seeing the value compared to other vacations for a similar or lower cost. Maybe if I would've done some research and used genie + and scheduled my day would've been better? I just personally don't like having an agenda and like to wander around and explore a theme park. It doesn't seem like that is a viable method of going to Disney.

Do you guys think the prices will eventually drop?
    Is anyone else frustrated with the situation or are me expectations too high?

#286 55 days ago
    Quoted from Deez:

So I was just in Orlando for work and my coworker had complimentary tickets to Disney. We ended up going to Epcot to check it out. I am just so confused how people can afford to go to Disney anymore.
    I was looking into scheduling a family trip there next year but the prices are so insane I just can't stomach it for what you get.
    Is there something that I'm missing? I checked out getting a 3 day 1 park pass and on the off-season it comes out to costing me around $800 each day for my family of 5.
    I hadn't been to Disney in 10 years and it's changed so much from I remember. I didn't really know about the genie + system so every ride except spaceship earth was over and hour wait.
    We ended up riding spaceship earth when we first entered the park and the wait was only like 10 mins and it was exactly as I had remembered it. The only other ride we went on was test track and the wait was an hour and a half. It was a pretty lame attraction. Maybe my 5 year old would've found it thrilling..
    It kinda took the wind out of my sails because I've been waiting for my kids to get to a perfect age to take them. I just can't justify the cost for the experience. I'm just not seeing the value compared to other vacations for a similar or lower cost. Maybe if I would've done some research and used genie + and scheduled my day would've been better? I just personally don't like having an agenda and like to wander around and explore a theme park. It doesn't seem like that is a viable method of going to Disney.

Prices aren’t dropping. Disney world just announced price increases hitting January 1, 2025.

How people afford it? I read a study or something like that a few months ago. 87% of the families that go, put the whole trip on their credit card and pay it off for a whole year.

Disney has it made in this day and age for families coming to the parks. Parents today feel like they need to do everything in the world for their children. I see so many parents bankrupt themselves in order for their children to have…..even when the kids are full grown ass adults.

#287 55 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Prices aren’t dropping. Disney world just announced price increases hitting January 1, 2025.
    How people afford it? I read a study or something like that a few months ago. 87% of the families that go, put the whole trip on their credit card and pay it off for a whole year.
    Disney has it made in this day and age for families coming to the parks. Parents today feel like they need to do everything in the world for their children. I see so many parents bankrupt themselves in order for their children to have…..even when the kids are full grown ass adults.

Spend half the amount of money on kids and spend double the time with them. That’s the advice I received.

#288 55 days ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Spend half the amount of money on kids and spend double the time with them. That’s the advice I received.

I think it's absolutely disgusting what parents do for their children today.

I know one guy, bought his 31 year old daughter a Mercedes to drive. What's wrong with the adult daughter buying something she can afford and making the payments herself?

What's funny, CNBC has this article today: https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/29/wealth-transfer-millennials-to-become-richest-generation-in-history.html About how millennials will be the richest generation ever due to the wealth transfer they'll be receiving from their parents. I notice in the article, they happened to leave out that this generation will be the first generation to blow it all as well. That's what happens when adults don't do for themselves......they don't learn responsibilities.

#289 55 days ago

I'm booked for:

April 2024 - Springtime Surprise race weekend
    November 2024 - Wine & Dine race weekend
    January 2025 - Dopey
    January 2025 - weekend for festival of the arts
    April 2025 - Springtime Surprise race weekend

I still need to book February 2025 in Disneyland for Dumbo.

#290 55 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's funny, CNBC has this article today: https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/29/wealth-transfer-millennials-to-become-richest-generation-in-history.html About how millennials will be the richest generation ever due to the wealth transfer they'll be receiving from their parents. I notice in the article, they happened to leave out that this generation will be the first generation to blow it all as well. That's what happens when adults don't do for themselves......they don't learn responsibilities.

What's also funny are the completely contradictory articles talking about how boomers are outliving their money, and are turning to their children for help.

#291 55 days ago
    Quoted from evileye:

Glad to see they’re still taking care of the damn thing. I wonder how many lifetime plays it has

Where is this game? I'm going to DL for the first time this summer.

#292 55 days ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's also funny are the completely contradictory articles talking about how boomers are outliving their money, and are turning to their children for help.

One of the disappointing consequences of aging isn't the decline of our bodies/health - we know that will happen.

It's realizing that people are a single unit (what they write/say) are full of shit.

#293 55 days ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I’m not sure where you are getting those numbers. End of August 3 days of tickets is less than $600 a day for a family of 5. It also gets drastically cheaper the longer you go. At 7 days it would only cost you $390 a day and for 10 days $315 a day.
    Edit those prices are without tax so add 6-7% not sure what Florida is.
    Disney world is VERY expensive to go to for 1-3 days. Going for a week or more is not bad at all. Sure you can stay at the Polynesian for $500 a night but you can also stay at Pop Century and use the skyliner for less than $200 a night.
    Alcohol is expensive in Disney but most of their food is not even that bad compared to going out to eat anywhere else. It used to be that Disney food was really expensive but recently with food prices skyrocketing everywhere else Disney food has raised prices as fast and actually looks normal. Last summer we stayed at Caribbean Beach and the food at their food court was cheaper than most fast food now.

#294 55 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Where is this game? I'm going to DL for the first time this summer.

The Pin is located in the restaurant across from the attraction in Adventure Land.

Quoted from Deez:

It is expensive and I doubt the prices will ever drop. Why would they, we all keep coming back.
    We used to fly in (flight for 4) then resort stay (usually Pop Century) and park passes for 3-5 days (current listed price for August 3rd is $144 a ticket). It was costing us like 5-7k (depending on if we added dining plan).

Well you can buy an out of state Annual Pass (Incredi-Pass no black out dates) for $1449 a year. So if you did 2 trips and 10 "park days" its paid for. I wish we knew this the very first time we went. Also those "park days" don't take into account that you can park hop (it's almost an extra $90 day depending) at no extra charge.

Also Epcot with no festival is super boring and my least favorite park. However when there are festivals it's awesome, because there are so many different food options. Alcohol prices IMO are no different that going to a show, but I also don't drink, so there is not money lost there. All the rides there are meh, except GOTG (best WDW ride hands down).

After our kids get a little older, I doubt we will keep out AP. For the price there are many more tropical or foreign places I would like to vacation.... like Disney Paris or Tokyo Disney.

#295 54 days ago

Disney World in 3rd week of April. How are the crowds etc?

#296 54 days ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

I’m not sure where you are getting those numbers

They were from the Disney website for a random three days in the middle of the week in March.
    Unfortunately, my body wouldn't be able to handle the Orlando heat in August so that's not really an option.

#297 54 days ago
    Quoted from Deez:

They were from the Disney website for a random three days in the middle of the week in March.
    Unfortunately, my body wouldn't be able to handle the Orlando heat in August so that's not really an option.

I see, sorry, when you said off-season I was thinking the prices were off, That’s why it was so expensive. So many schools have different spring breaks that pretty much all of March and early April is considered spring break which is one of the busiest and most expensive times of the year. As someone who’s goes to Disney all the time, without annual passes there are two times I would never go. Christmas vacation and spring break. It will be the busiest time of the year as well as the most expensive. The cost to value ratio just isn’t there if you have to buy tickets. We go on the busiest days of the year because it doesn’t cost us extra, we don’t mind it being busy because we will always be back another time and they often have extra stuff at that time. It’s like New Year’s Eve, I always say if this was my first time going to Disney, I would never be back!
    If you really want to go on the off-season but don’t want it to be hot, scroll around on the Disney calendar and look for the cheapest block of tickets in the time frame you would like to go. Also consider staying more than 3 days as 1-3 days is the most expensive it gets.

#298 54 days ago

I have a family trip for 11 people at the end of May. 4 nights at the Riviera (3 rooms of different sizes), 3 day park hopper, and “deluxe” meal plan. It costs a little less than two NIB premiums. It’s absurd, but hopefully a family trip of 3 generations to remember. Fingers crossed

#299 54 days ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Disney World in 3rd week of April. How are the crowds etc?

Depends on when Easter is.

Springtime surprise is April 18-21.

#300 54 days ago
    Quoted from Deez:

We knew we were going to do a Disney trip with the kids, so we got a Chase Disney credit card and used it for every single purchase for a couple of years. We earned right around 5k to use towards our trip.

There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-thread-welcome-to-the-world-of-disney/page/6?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.